• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Sunday is going to be a bad night for Jim Harbaugh

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Jim has a bad day or night every time the Niners play.

Of course, he's still 25-7-1.

Reaction score
Jim has a bad day or night every time the Niners play.

Of course, he's still 25-7-1.
I'd say the worst night of his pro coaching career, outside of the SB loss, was the last time they played in Seattle.

I honestly cannot wait to see this game. I cannot imagine how loud it will be for the Niners.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
I'd say the worst night of his pro coaching career, outside of the SB loss, was the last time they played in Seattle.

I honestly cannot wait to see this game. I cannot imagine how loud it will be for the Niners.

I can. Pretty damn loud. The offense might as well all be deaf.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I can just see Harbaugh crying, bitchin, and moaning on the sidelines already, like he did at the ravens game, and every other game. "its too loud, sound is being piped in, they are targeting, drug testing issues, gobble gobble jive turkey " blah blah blah when we punish this offense. Kaperdick will hold on to the ball because the SF medicore WR's will be blanketed, try to run and get lit up on the edge by Wagner/Wright/Avril & Co. I could see him throwing 2 picks, our secondary is too good, and with the 12 man, our defense gets alittle somethin, somethin, in the pass rush. Gore will have run for 160 yards/2TD's in order to have a chance, but he is too old and broken to do that any more. The 49ers Defense front 7 is the best in the league, but RW will play conservative, take care of the football, and hopefully pick apart that average secondary. Beast Quake II coming up!

BRING IT 12's! ITS TIME TO TAKE THE DIVISION BACK

2-0

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
You know, it's interesting, I recall, I think, a Monday Night game many, many years ago, where there were a bunch of false starts due to crowd noise. At one point, the ref actually threatened the crowd, that further false starts due to crowd noise would result in a penalty on the home team. Sounds funny, but I recall it fairly clearly. This was probably 12, 15 years ago.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
I can just see Harbaugh crying, bitchin, and moaning on the sidelines already, like he did at the ravens game, and every other game. "its too loud, sound is being piped in, they are targeting, drug testing issues, gobble gobble jive turkey " blah blah blah when we punish this offense. Kaperdick will hold on to the ball because the SF medicore WR's will be blanketed, try to run and get lit up on the edge by Wagner/Wright/Avril & Co. I could see him throwing 2 picks, our secondary is too good, and with the 12 man, our defense gets alittle somethin, somethin, in the pass rush. Gore will have run for 160 yards/2TD's in order to have a chance, but he is too old and broken to do that any more. The 49ers Defense front 7 is the best in the league, but RW will play conservative, take care of the football, and hopefully pick apart that average secondary. Beast Quake II coming up!

BRING IT 12's! ITS TIME TO TAKE THE DIVISION BACK

2-0

I would guess that a few CK7 strikes will do wonders for crowd noise. Best way to deal with the situation.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
the ref actually threatened the crowd, that further false starts due to crowd noise would result in a penalty on the home team.
Do you know where and when this happened? That is about the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. On whose authority was this ref basing it on? It basically unplugs the fans from the game, would turn them off completely and therefore damage the game beyond repair. Did that ref think the NFL was friggin tennis or something?
If you have any more info on that and the fallout/aftermath, who was responsible for trying to implement it from a league office level and all that, please post it here. I don't remember ever hearing about it.
That would have given new meaning to the No Fun League.

OP
S

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
There was a rule on fan noise several years ago. It didn't work out very well so they removed it. I do remember watching a few games around the league where they were stopped until the fans quited down and if I remember right a penility was called if they didn't quiet down. That was back in the early days of the King Dome. I don't remember if the Seahawks were ever called for it but they probably were.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I would guess that a few CK7 strikes will do wonders for crowd noise. Best way to deal with the situation.

Nah, I expect K-dick to make plays, I respect his play just not him.
Nothing will stop the noise, and any little mistake they make on offense will just add fuel to the fire.
The only think that will keep me from screaming is a massive headache usually in the 4th quarter.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Do you know where and when this happened? That is about the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. On whose authority was this ref basing it on? It basically unplugs the fans from the game, would turn them off completely and therefore damage the game beyond repair. Did that ref think the NFL was friggin tennis or something?
If you have any more info on that and the fallout/aftermath, who was responsible for trying to implement it from a league office level and all that, please post it here. I don't remember ever hearing about it.

It's the vaguest of memories, many years ago. My recollection is that it didn't actually quiet the crowd, and the threat was not followed through on.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score

There was a rule on fan noise several years ago. It didn't work out very well so they removed it. I do remember watching a few games around the league where they were stopped until the fans quited down and if I remember right a penility was called if they didn't quiet down. That was back in the early days of the King Dome. I don't remember if the Seahawks were ever called for it but they probably were.

Here it is, apparently still on the books, but not used:

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/timing

When, in the judgment of the Referee, the level of crowd noise prevents the offense from hearing its signals, he can institute a series of procedures which can result in a loss of team time outs or a five-yard penalty against the defensive team.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Congrats 12th man for breaking the record. The worst thing you can do is tell a Seahawks fan to be quite. It's just going to get louder.

Thanks for data SF, just hope your not one of those types Sherman spoke of. Humble pie is never easy to swallow.

Reaction score
That's a stupid rule.....Fans too loud? Keep it up Seattle...that's gotta be an awesome feeling getting that loud for a game and actually knowing that your impacting the game. Been to some college games where I had that feeling but I'm assuming it's nothing like what you guys are doing up there. Fun times!

I also remember a game years back where the home team was penalized for the fans throwing things onto the field. Whether it be snowballs in Philly or octopuses in a hockey game, it happened. A little different from being too loud but sort of the same.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Not really the same at all, I can't see how throwing things would do anything for supporting your team. False starts are a nice side effect but the real reason is to enable your players to reach higher levels by cheering loud, that's just good stuff.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Anyone else catch Harbaugh mouthing "Wow" after the flick Wilson gave after almost running past the line of scrimmage? I think that was the "oh shit we lost" moment.

Top Bottom