• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Should Flynn be released from Contract/Traded?

Reaction score
Wilson only played minor league ball for one year, of course he didn't make it to the majors. Barely anyone makes it to the majors that fast, Ii don't think he projected as a major league player anywayys. Not positive about that though

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Of course you did:

http://www.seahawkshuddle.com/threa...d-from-contract-traded.8878/page-2#post-39051

That's why I remarked that you cannot separate out the Seahawks winning and PC winning. His goal is to prove he can do with an NFL team what he did with USC: take them to championships. I don't really know how he can do that without winning games. So thinking PC is doing what he wants just for himself without regard to the overall Seahawks team makes no sense whatsoever.

Like I said, Flynn doesn't need PC in order to win but that doesn't fit PC's plan. He doesn't want a QB like Manning making the calls and running the offense. PC wants to be the leader of this team and for the players to do what they are asked to do.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I doubt you will ever shake his confidence, most guys would give up after not making it in MLB but he didn't, that speaks volumes to me.

But doesn't that say he did give up? He isn't playing in the MLB is he?

The thing is I along with 90% of the others that supported Flynn a week ago felt he was more prepared to lead this team. We all have drawn the simularities to Hasselbeck and were hoping for the 2.0 version.

Whoever our QB is I want them to kick ass.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Like I said, Flynn doesn't need PC in order to win but that doesn't fit PC's plan. He doesn't want a QB like Manning making the calls and running the offense. PC wants to be the leader of this team and for the players to do what they are asked to do.

You didn't mention Flynn winning. You mentioned PC.

And I'm not sure of any coach that wants a player to be a leader over him. That's not how the team hierarchy is designed. Peyton Manning is probably the rare exception.

Idahawk

Reaction score
The thing is I along with 90% of the others that supported Flynn a week ago felt he was more prepared to lead this team. We all have drawn the simularities to Hasselbeck and were hoping for the 2.0 version.

And 10% thought it was gamble to think you could get that lucky again? I for one wasn't sold as is well documented here, but I welcomed Flynn under the context of competiting for the job. I looked at Flynn as basically a rookie because I viewed what he has done up to this point as simply not enough usable information to make an informed decision, his college career was nothing special , he fell to 7th round in the draft I think, and for me what he did in Green Bay was just ok, certainly not enough to name him a starting QB in the NFL.

People act like we just benched Joe Montana or something.

For as much as everyone wanted MH the sequel , I would like to see a QB that we draft pan out just as bad.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
He doesn't want a QB like Manning making the calls and running the offense. PC wants to be the leader of this team and for the players to do what they are asked to do.

I beg to differ on two levels. 1.) I think PC wants to be the general, but not the leader of the team. He has leaders in the lockerroom and his staff. He seems more like a traffic cop, an orchestrator, and yes, sometimes even a cheerleader.
And 2.) I think Rdub is more of take control type then Flynn. Flynn is more of a game manager type QB, while RW kinda owns it, who I can see audibling in and out of plays. I'll agree that PC probably might be unconfortable with that, but at the same time PC is too excited about Rdub explosive plays to try to supress it.

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
I dont think Flynn has been any kind of disappointment at all. He was just as good as expected, did everything he was asked and that should be enough for the starter job. The thing is, no one expected Wilson to be such a star that he turned out to be. Not even JSPC. If they did, they would have wasted no time in drafting him with the 12th pick that we had. We have two starting caliber QBs now, when last year we had none. It is a question of opinion who would you start? Flynn is the safe bet, not much mistakes, high floor, no risks. Wilson is the through-the-roof potential guy, who does make some questionable throws every now and then. If Wilson pans out as the franchise QB we all hope, great decision from Carroll. If not, this team can definitely win with Flynn. Flynn is exactly the "clutch game manager" Carroll described he is looking at the end of last season. Wilson might be more but it includes the risk.

I hope Wilson plays so well Flynn never takes a snap, if Flynn gets his chance, I hope he holds the spot and makes Wilson hold the clipboard. Either way, Seahawks win.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I dont think Flynn has been any kind of disappointment at all. He was just as good as expected, did everything he was asked and that should be enough for the starter job. The thing is, no one expected Wilson to be such a star that he turned out to be. Not even JSPC. If they did, they would have wasted no time in drafting him with the 12th pick that we had. We have two starting caliber QBs now, when last year we had none. It is a question of opinion who would you start? Flynn is the safe bet, not much mistakes, high floor, no risks. Wilson is the through-the-roof potential guy, who does make some questionable throws every now and then. If Wilson pans out as the franchise QB we all hope, great decision from Carroll. If not, this team can definitely win with Flynn. Flynn is exactly the "clutch game manager" Carroll described he is looking at the end of last season. Wilson might be more but it includes the risk.

I hope Wilson plays so well Flynn never takes a snap, if Flynn gets his chance, I hope he holds the spot and makes Wilson hold the clipboard. Either way, Seahawks win.

Good post.

PC likes Wilson because of his energy. He is young and full of confidence. PC is a high energy positive always win guy.

Flynn isn't quite Manning stone faced but definatly reserved, a quite competitor, something I like in a QB. Hass had a great sense of humor but was reserved and calculating when he needed to be.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Quiet competitors don't get anything done. And they don't win over locker rooms. See: Kevin Kolb.

Wilson's demeanor is exactly the demeanor you want in your QB. Everyone across the NFL says so. How many times did you hear, "He's got everything but the height."

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Matt Hasselbeck are all reserved (well most of the time ie "We want the ball and are going to score.")

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah. A lot more vocal than you think. Additionally, when have you seen Wilson act otherwise? As I stated above, his demeanor is fantastic. That is one of the reasons everyone is so impressed with him (except Flynn fanboys).

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah. A lot more vocal than you think. Additionally, when have you seen Wilson act otherwise? As I stated above, his demeanor is fantastic. That is one of the reasons everyone is so impressed with him (except Flynn fanboys).

So you weren't part of the 90% who supported Flynn thru game 2.

Reaction score
What's best for the team has been his position. He stated several times before and after Wilson was named the starter.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I have always been about what is best for the team. If Flynn would have won out, sweet. I do not think Flynn was bad by any means, he was quite solid. But Wilson just plain was better. So that's what I have to go off of at this time. If it proves to be the opposite, great. Either way, I feel better about our quarterbacking for the first time since Hasselbeck messed up his back in the 2008 preseason.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I have always been about what is best for the team. If Flynn would have won out, sweet. I do not think Flynn was bad by any means, he was quite solid. But Wilson just plain was better. So that's what I have to go off of at this time. If it proves to be the opposite, great. Either way, I feel better about our quarterbacking for the first time since Hasselbeck messed up his back in the 2008 preseason.

It's good to be moving on from the rebuild and I sure wish I felt as comfortable as you do. I just don't think I've seen enough to say Wilson was the clear winner? I still think there is less risk with Flynn.

I was thinking seeing Flynn in game 4 would resolve it but it became clear after seeing him hand off over and over, I wasn't going to get that luxury. Then at the end Flynn ran the same play 3 times in a row, kind of odd, you just don't see a coach call that very often. The play calls suggest PC didn't want to create any doubt about the decision.

Game 4 is usually when back up players are given the chance to really show there stuff. But whatever.

S

Seattlehawk94

Demeanor? You mean he's never failed so you've never seen what he looks like as a "leader" at that point?

We know NOTHING about Wilson and failure....It's the preaseason and he lit it up against scrubs who played base defenses...I want to see how he acts if he has a Ryan Leaf vs KC type game...THAT is how you know about his demeanor..

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Demeanor? You mean he's never failed so you've never seen what he looks like as a "leader" at that point?

We know NOTHING about Wilson and failure....It's the preaseason and he lit it up against scrubs who played base defenses...I want to see how he acts if he has a Ryan Leaf vs KC type game...THAT is how you know about his demeanor..

The same can be said of Flynn. And no one has been able to tell me why if Flynn is allegedly better, he did not light it up against those "scrub base defenses." Apples to apples, Wilson was better. I hope you actually choose to root for the Seahawks and not against Wilson.

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
Just because Wilson won the Qb battle for starter doesn't mean Flynn can't win it back down the road. It's great to have 2 QB's with allot of potential. Depth in any position is great to have. After the last couple years of QB play I am excited to have maybe the best 2 QB's in the division.

Idahawk

Reaction score
My doubts with Flynn were based on his scouting report and that I felt he was a product of a very good system in Green Bay.

Just look what Graham Harrell did with that offense as the back up.

Graham Harrell
It was as if Aaron Rodgers had suited up in Graham Harrell's jersey. Harrell completed 13-of-15 passes for 223 yards with two touchdowns. He successfully operated a two-minute scoring drill in the first half. Gurley should've caught one of Harrell's two incompletions.
With Harrell in the game, the Packers scored 21 points in approximately one quarter of play. Any doubts about whether he'd win the No. 2 quarterback job were laid to rest after that performance.

Top Bottom