• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

hawks needs??

gio2

Huddler
Reaction score
Eric berry?? we do need a safety,but we should play it safe and get OL or DL.and hope we get marshall for a second round pick and branch because no one else wants him real, dangerous player could help us .

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
gio2;46947 said:
Eric berry?? we do need a safety,but we should play it safe and get OL or DL.and hope we get marshall for a second round pick and branch because no one else wants him real, dangerous player could help us .

We need to take the best player available at number six, I assume that's the pick you are referring to. Drafting for biggest need doesn't work out all that often. Berry Will be the best Available, Mccoy will no longer drop to us, The Bucs will take Suh or Mccoy, with the Lions and Redskins taking whichever DT is available or Russel Okung. It doesn't make sense to draft an OT at number six who doesn't deserve to be drafted that high, especially with another pick later in the first round. I think the best OT after Okung for us would be Charles Brown, he's the best fit for a zone blocking scheme. Get Eric Berry and look for an OT later in the draft; we have some picks stock piled we can move up in any round and take a guy we want.

Reaction score
Well I think our main goal in this draft would be to get a franchise OT. I feel like if we can get McCoy or Berry at 6, we can trade down in the first to maybe in the late 20's and pick up Charles Brown. Or we should move up in the second and get Jhavid, cause I really think having a solid second round pick is more important than 4th and 5th rounders. We should look for a reciever or a runningback in the 4th and 5th rather than in the 1st or 2nd.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree with RCSH, if Okung/DT's/ or berry are not there, and Im not sold on Berry either... trade down to a team that wants Clausen if there is one.

Deep draft for RB's so you can get one in 4th/5th

OT/Safety/DE should be in the first 4 picks.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
szat;46956 said:
I agree with RCSH, if Okung/DT's/ or berry are not there, and Im not sold on Berry either... trade down to a team that wants Clausen if there is one.

Deep draft for RB's so you can get one in 4th/5th

OT/Safety/DE should be in the first 4 picks.
i think he was saying we should trade down from our 14th pick...not 6th. What are you not sold about on Berry? Do you just randomly pick guys that you think are hyped too much and say you aren't sold on them? Berry is the type of player that only comes around at safety once every 10 years or so. And im not saying this based on his hype or what analysts say. I watched him play numerous times in college and every time it was clear he was the best player on the field. He plays the run and hits like Bob Sanders, and has the ball playing abilities of Ed Reed. He is as complete as a safety comes.

Reaction score
If Suh, Okung and McCoy (DT) are off the boards and Berry is still there, imo he is hands down the must pick player at #6.

At 14, either Tackle, DE or trade down...

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I say screw drafting Berry first, take a franchise LT then Earl Thomas or Taylor Mays with the 14th. Berry is good but our secondary is not as important as a LT. Besides, secondary can easily be drafted later. 1st pick : Trent Williams or Bulaga 2nd (14th): Earl Thomas or Mays 3rd: Carlos Dunlap or Patrick Robinson then the rest of the picks sink into depth. or with the second pick (14th): Dez Bryant and wait till the third round for Chad Jones S from LSU.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
12thManFan;46973 said:
I say screw drafting Berry first, take a franchise LT then Earl Thomas or Taylor Mays with the 14th. Berry is good but our secondary is not as important as a LT. Besides, secondary can easily be drafted later. 1st pick : Trent Williams or Bulaga 2nd (14th): Earl Thomas or Mays 3rd: Carlos Dunlap or Patrick Robinson then the rest of the picks sink into depth. or with the second pick (14th): Dez Bryant and wait till the third round for Chad Jones S from LSU.
I am not sold on Trent Williams one bit. Ya he had a great combine and proved he is a great athlete. But the fact of the matter is, he may not be able to play LT. He may just be another Shawn Loclear. We need someone that can step into LT from day one, and yes he MAY be able to but I am not sold on him to take him with the 6th pick. If Bulaga is there I like taking him with the 6th pick. He will be able to start day one. But if Okung, Bulaga, and Mccoy are all off the board, I really think they should go with Berry. I like Anthony Davis with the 14th pick. Ya he has issues with his work ethic, but the guy can flat out play. In my opinion, he may be the best LT to come out of this class when all is said and done. There are just red flags because of his poor combine and pro day. He is a football player, not a tester. We dont have a 3rd round pick so chad jones isnt an option there. carlos dunlap with the 14th pick would be a horrible pick, if they want a pass rushing DE they should go for Morgan or Pierre Paul with the 14th pick.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
Charles Brown should be the pick at 14, you could even trade down in to the twenties and get him, Berry at 6 unless Okung or Mccoy is there and they won't be.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
dmarkholt12;46974 said:
I am not sold on Trent Williams one bit. Ya he had a great combine and proved he is a great athlete. But the fact of the matter is, he may not be able to play LT. He may just be another Shawn Loclear. We need someone that can step into LT from day one, and yes he MAY be able to but I am not sold on him to take him with the 6th pick. If Bulaga is there I like taking him with the 6th pick. He will be able to start day one. But if Okung, Bulaga, and Mccoy are all off the board, I really think they should go with Berry. I like Anthony Davis with the 14th pick. Ya he has issues with his work ethic, but the guy can flat out play. In my opinion, he may be the best LT to come out of this class when all is said and done. There are just red flags because of his poor combine and pro day. He is a football player, not a tester. We dont have a 3rd round pick so chad jones isnt an option there. carlos dunlap with the 14th pick would be a horrible pick, if they want a pass rushing DE they should go for Morgan or Pierre Paul with the 14th pick.

Anthony Davis is quoted to have a lazy work ethic...sound familiar? *cough* Andre Smith *cough* but I agree with you on Bulaga and I said take Dunlap in the 2nd round with our third pick not the 14th overall...and by 3rd I mean our 3rd pick...not round. 1st is the 6th overall. 2nd is the 14th overall, and by 3rd I mean our 2nd round pick.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
12thManFan;46990 said:
Anthony Davis is quoted to have a lazy work ethic...sound familiar? *cough* Andre Smith *cough* but I agree with you on Bulaga and I said take Dunlap in the 2nd round with our third pick not the 14th overall...and by 3rd I mean our 3rd pick...not round. 1st is the 6th overall. 2nd is the 14th overall, and by 3rd I mean our 2nd round pick.
I got what you meant. But you also said we could wait until the 3rd round to get chad jones. And i know thats what the knock on anthony davis is, i already said that in my other post. But i still feel like he is going to be a great LT for years to come.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
dmarkholt12;46992 said:
I got what you meant. But you also said we could wait until the 3rd round to get chad jones. And i know thats what the knock on anthony davis is, i already said that in my other post. But i still feel like he is going to be a great LT for years to come.

I did didn't I? Haha whoops. Anyway yeah, his Combine and laziness worries me. I would rather take someone else. My perfect first round is Bulaga and Spiller/Bryant or Bulaga and Earl Thomas or Mays.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
12thManFan;46973 said:

Well, I guess your assumption is that our franchise LT will be there at 6 but not at 14. And that Earl Thomas will make it to 14. I think you are wrong on both accounts, though. Berry is a better S, and if KC doesn't take him we HAVE to. It would be plain crazy to pass up on one of the best players in the draft to take a LT that isn't worthy of the position. Get Brown at 14 (no, I don't think we can trade down very far and still get him), and grab Tony Washington in the 4th round. This will give us two solid OTs to battle it out and push Locklear. Gibson at LG, Unger, and then Willis at RG. I wish we would have grabbed a DE in FA, but we'll need to address D Line, WR, and RB with our other 4th rounder and in Rds 5-7. It is a deep talent pool...

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
dmarkholt12;46992 said:

As for Davis - have you watched any film on him? He looked slow and awkward in the combine because he is slow and awkward. He is over-hyped, and is a big bust-risk. Look for him and Bulaga to be playing OG in the NFL.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiL8DSVAUJQ]YouTube - LT Anthony Davis Highlights/Lowlights 2009 Rutgers[/ame]

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Ok I watched that film. For a highlight/lowlight that you can find for any player in the nation, that is not bad. He got beat a few times. One looked like confusion between him and the LG on the assignment. The other he stumbled or slipped. Anyone can go look for a lowlight tape on anyone. If you look for a lowlight tape of Okung you will probably see the same thing. Nothing about that clip you posted made me think Davis cannot play. If this was a tape that contained some of his worst plays, then that is saying something about how he can play.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I didn't say Davis can't play... but I don't see him being a stud LT in the NFL. Here is Okung's tape - same title, same outfit. Longer tape, and not a hint of a DE getting to the QB on him. His worst looking play is when he was pulling from one side clear around the TE on the other end of the line. Got out there great - just over-pursued.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd2dzpYGoA4&feature=related]YouTube - LT Russell Okung Highlights/Lowlights 2009/2008 Oklahoma State[/ame]

Here is Brown's - I see a big difference in both of these guys vs. Davis.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AheRQNNgK64]YouTube - LT Charles Brown Highlights/Lowlights 2009 USC[/ame]

Okung looks much better than both of them, which is why he is a top-5 pick and the other OTs aren't top 10 material. Just one man's eye, though...

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
I am not saying I dont like Charles Brown because I do. My point on about the clips youre showing is that they are highlight/lowlight clips. They can be skewed iin any way the person who made it wants. It isnt true film. Its not every down of every game. Thats what my point is about the clips you are showing. I would love Okung obviously we would have to trade up to get him, but i would be happy with either Brown or Davis. I personally like Davis better and think he is just as good as Brown with far more potential. But again, that is one mans opinion. I just think if we are going to get Brown, we should trade down. Davis will get taken before Brown so i feel like he would still be there a few slots down.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
You guys are nuts, don't get me wrong, Berry is phenomenal but we shouldn't draft the best player on the board, we should draft what we NEED. You guys really want to see Matt on his back all year long again don't you?

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Oh... the need vs. best available debate! All I can say is, teams like the Patriots and Colts have built their teams around drafting BPA and getting value for areas of need. I would sooner take the best S in any draft over the last 7 years and then get an OT that is as good as we can get at 6 with the pick at 14. I don't think Williams will be there at 6, and I'm not convinced there is a convincing argument that Williams vs. Bulaga vs. Davis is a marked difference. So why take one at 6 when we can get one of them or my favorite 2nd choice (Brown) at 14? OH - and I don't think Morgan makes it passed Miami... but they may take Dan Williams.

But - if we take Berry and Morgan is still there at 14, and we are convinced he's the best DE in the draft, maybe you do take him there and use pick 60 and something to get back into position to get Brown. Or take Saffold at 60 and Washington in the 4th round. Dizzying, isn't it?

2010 NFL Draft - OT Combine Results - Go Hawks

Top Bottom