• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gonna Need Body Bags Saturday

Is the NFC west up and coming division in football ?

• Yes, could have 3 teams with 500 or better records

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No,still weak teams beating up on each other twice a year.

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Idahawk

Reaction score
This game sets the tone in the division for years to come. The soft NFC west isn't so soft anymore and were hitting and playing just as hard as the 49ers .

We can't let them come into our house and knock us out of the playoffs, it just can't happen!

The niners got us at their house, they also had the benefit of being together as a unit far longer then most teams after the lockout and that helped them get a head start and they haven't looked back.

We have done it the hard way and this team will be jacked up for this game, the crowd will be epic and I for one am pumped up for saturday and the chance to beat down the niners. And hopefully we get to back to Frisco and send them home in the playoffs.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I'll say the NFC West is up and coming. Some wins on the road outside of the division say the division's fortunes are turning around. Hopefully it can transcend seasons...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Were in the middle of the pack some where, AFC south is the new NFC west.

Cant wait till Saturday, should be a clash between bitter rivals, Seahawks will be playing for playoffs and pride.
This will be the loudest game of the year with this defense playing so well!!!

Reaction score
NFC West has been getting bashed for the past few years, especially last season. Now 3 of the 4 teams are .500 or above.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
One statistic that I look towards is Net Points (difference between points for & points against) for each team. That said, this division still looks like the worst in the NFC when you consider that numerical perspective. Here's the link:

http://www.nfl.com/standings?sort=OVERALL_NET_PTS&order=desc&colSel=6

Frisco 49'ers are looking formidable, and they drafted offensive linemen that can actually play a complete season.
(I wanted Anthony Davis & Mike Iupati drafted by our team)
Seahawks are locked into the worst NFL nightmare possible; mediocrity! Can't win too many, can't draft very high.
Cardinals are about where Seattle is...Kind of iffy at best. Following the Seattle blue print?
Rams have no excuse for being so terrible, after drafting so high, and for so many years.

Tough question that you've asked at this point, as next season will likely be more telling.
Welcome back Ida.

Reaction score
Way to prove the contradiction in your own post... drafting high does not translate into a good team.

Look at GBs blue print. It's been a winning program for the last few decades. They still manage to bring in good players and build a solid team around late 1st, 2nd, r3d round players, etc....

Look at the lions, bills, rams, raiders, etc..... high draft picks last decade and they are still garbage. It's not about the high picks, its about having a GM and front office who know how to draft, get bargains, deal good trades and a HQ that can then take those players and translate into a winning team.

I hate to keep bringing up the GB blueprint, but its so damn good, its hard not to!

Reaction score
And to address this post, I really don't give a shit whether or not the NFC West gets respect. I just want the Hawks to win and get respect. If I could have it my way, I'd rather be the only power house in the division. The shittier your division, the easier it is to get into the playoffs and increase your chances at a SB run.

S

Seattlehawk94

Green Bay's "blueprint" was invented by Mr. DeBartolo in SF...Holmgren copied it...And mixed it in with Al Davis's prodigy Ron Wolf.....

Green Bay after Lombardi is a pure West Coast creation...

Reaction score
Green Bay's "blueprint" was invented by Mr. DeBartolo in SF...Holmgren copied it...And mixed it in with Al Davis's prodigy Ron Wolf.....

Green Bay after Lombardi is a pure West Coast creation...

"Either way you're a WINNER!!!!" - Ashley Schafer, Ashley Schafer BMW

Reaction score
Green Bay is not a purely west coast philosophy like it used to be. They throw a lot of deep passes, which is not a characteristic of a WCO, it fact its kind of the opposite.

Reaction score
Bob, I don't he think he was refering to the offensive style. I think he was saying the way GB built their team has west coast ties....

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Re-read the question that was asked number one!!!
If you can't score more points than your opponent, then you are not likely to win very many games.
(Insert your left wing, everybody should get a trophy bullshit here, and we'll all call it The...#OneGreenBayHuddle).

My own intention is to bring some usefull information to the table that is at least worthwhile for discusion.
How about you bring some usefull information to the conversation for a change.

Ties...!

Reaction score
Douglas, no need to get all butt hurt...

You said "Seahawks are locked into the worst NFL nightmare possible; mediocrity! Can't win too many, can't draft very high."

Then you followed that with "Rams have no excuse for being so terrible, after drafting so high, and for so many years."

I simply made the point that drafting high doesn't always translate into winning. Like the example I made, look at all the losing teams that have been drafting in the top 10 the last decade or so. Then look at all of the teams that have won Championships drafting players later in the first and even finding stars/solid starters in the 2nd, 3rd and later rounds.

And your statement about not being able to score more points than your openent leading to losses was very insightful... thank you for that.

Yes, I am very left wing. I am about as left wing as Obama is a good President. That one seriously made me chuckle, thanks again.

And I don't come here for "usefull information", I come here to read other fans opinions and post my own. If I wanted "usefull information", I would go to ESPN, etc. This is a fan forum, not the fucking BleacherReport : p

POW!!!

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
And to address this post, I really don't give a shit whether or not the NFC West gets respect. I just want the Hawks to win and get respect. If I could have it my way, I'd rather be the only power house in the division. The shittier your division, the easier it is to get into the playoffs and increase your chances at a SB run.

You don't get respect you earn respect. Beating up on weak teams does little to garner any respect. We have been doing that for years and all you ever hear about is weak division. You have to have a good division and rivalries to earn respect. A good division brings more prime time games as well. Houston may be a good team but all you hear is that without the Colts they have had it handed to them. They get no respect because in peoples eyes they played no one.

This game is the Seahawk's chance to change a lot views about this team and the division and playoffs or not a huge building block for next season.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Douglas, no need to get all butt hurt...

You said "Seahawks are locked into the worst NFL nightmare possible; mediocrity! Can't win too many, can't draft very high."

Then you followed that with "Rams have no excuse for being so terrible, after drafting so high, and for so many years."

I simply made the point that drafting high doesn't always translate into winning. Like the example I made, look at all the losing teams that have been drafting in the top 10 the last decade or so. Then look at all of the teams that have won Championships drafting players later in the first and even finding stars/solid starters in the 2nd, 3rd and later rounds.

And your statement about not being able to score more points than your openent leading to losses was very insightful... thank you for that.

Yes, I am very left wing. I am about as left wing as Obama is a good President. That one seriously made me chuckle, thanks again.

And I don't come here for "usefull information", I come here to read other fans opinions and post my own. If I wanted "usefull information", I would go to ESPN, etc. This is a fan forum, not the fucking BleacherReport : p

POW!!!
Figured to give you a little 'push back' to see if your constant derogatory comments were meant that way, or if they were just not being received well. You are correct about the Rams though...Must be Bush's fault!

Reaction score
Yeah dude, I do come across as an Asshole sometimes. It's just the nature of posting on the internet. I'm very sarcastic. Sarcasm and joking doesn't always come across that way.

I have my moments, but you can ask most of the regulars on here (with the exception of a few), I would hope they'd say I'm a nice enough guy.

And Ida, I understand what you're saying but the flip side to getting no respect for playing in a bad division, is going to the Playoffs a lot. Just like you brought up the Colts and their weak division. Look at how many years the Colts have gone to the playoffs the last decade. Including 2 SBs. Now obviously Manning makes a huge difference, but had they been in say the North playing Pittsburgh and Baltimore twice a year, you could probably scratch half the playoff appearances. All I'm saying. Homie

Top Bottom