• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Flynn to get start against Denver

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
RENTON, Wash. (AP) - Matt Flynn will get his second straight preseason start for the Seattle Seahawks with rookie Russell Wilson expected to play the second half on Saturday in Denver.
Coach Pete Carroll made the announcement on Tuesday when the Seahawks returned to practice following their preseason opening victory over Tennessee.
Carroll had many wondering what his plan was after Tarvaris Jackson took all the reps with the No. 1 offense on Tuesday. But repeating his statement from last week, Carroll said the team knows what it has in Jackson and wants to get Flynn and Wilson game action to learn more.
Flynn was efficient, going 11 of 13 for 71 yards and an interception against Tennessee. Wilson was 12 of 16 for 124 yards, one touchdown passing and one rushing.

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
I think Pete is slowly saying Jackson we dont really need you... as we "know what you can do" .. Hope Wilson gets two more TD's, and will start against KC

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I honestly think he is still evaluting. No way you can just see (1) pre-season game and say, okay, thats it, we saw what we needed to see. Still I think it would take quite performance from RW in order to call him the starter.
I'd bet a paycheck that Pete Carroll announces our 2012 starting QB next week, before the pre-season game #3, better known as the "dress rehearsal".

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
true, there is no way to pick a starter yet. I dont think Pete will announce till 4th preseason game against Oakland

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I think Pete is slowly saying Jackson we dont really need you... as we "know what you can do" .. Hope Wilson gets two more TD's, and will start against KC

Boy I tell ya I'm not sure how to take this. I sure hope you are right. If TJ is our QB come opening day I will have lost complete faith in PC.

I really don't see where PC is coming from. Why start Flynn again? This makes me think the decision to make Wilson the backup has been made. I guess it puts all the pressure on Flynn not to screw up. The question is. if he does. is it then TJ?

I'm hoping I don't disagree with the "knows what he has in Jackson" statement. I hope this isn't mis-directing attention from TJ. It is a lot easier to compare something when it is right in front of you. Imagine if Flynn started and did well then TJ came in and got sacked a bunch of times because he holds onto the frickin ball too long. It would be pretty easy to make a choice.

Reaction score
No, but Baldwin and Rice practiced today and Carroll sounded somewhat optimistic that Owens would get play this week.

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
It is kinda weird that PC is starting Flynn again. I would say to see how he adjust on the road setting. But with TJ, you are right sprhawk, is PC plans on not playing him at all in preseason, then he better not start regular season, that would make no sense...

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
PC just announced that Flynn will start Wilson is backup for the Denver game, Nothing said about TJ, even on ESPN, said starting position is "Flynn's to lose" .. still nothing said about TJ....

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
I really hope PC doesn't trade him to AZ.. That wouldn't be the smartest move.. TJ has been watching and learning all our offense, at least trade him out of our division....

Idahawk

Reaction score
I just heard on NFL live that TJ is frustrated that his trade is not moving along fast enough from Seattle .

Top Bottom