• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Carroll & Schneider Have No Clue

Do you agree with the author?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Not sure...

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
http://blog.seattlepi.com/theconsta...-schneider-whats-really-going-on-at-the-vmac/

I think this guy lets his attachment to specific players and emotions get in the way, but I kind of relate to the overall sentiment of the editorial: the Seahawks have no identity and I have no idea where they are going with it all.

At this point, I really cannot see how we get above 3rd place. But I thought that last year, too.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My biggest questions are about the QB position. Unless we are going to draft one next year, I have no idea what the thought process with picking up those players. San Fran in most likely going to get Luck since they will be lucky to get 102 wins.

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Couldnt disagree more with this article. Guy sounds butthurt and afraid of change. To me keeping Hass and Tupu would be like einsteins definition of insanity..doing the same things over and expecting different results. We got the best we could out of the guys...now its someones elses turn...sad but true. This is a business for fucks sake.

Reaction score
This might be one of the worst written articles I've read thus far this off-season. This is bleacher-report quality.

While leadership is key, it does not make or break a team. It's simply, ideal. Lofa, sure, was a fan favorite, beloved by anyone who knows anything about football. But his shoes are not going to be hard to fill, likewise to Hasselbeck. It's not going to happen instantaneously, but it will happen.

It's to the point right now, where you have to trust the product that Schneider and Carroll are trying to build. They've already done good things up and down this roster to put them in a position to be a good or great football team sometime in the near future.

Another thing that nullifies this article, is the fact that he thinks Kolb would have been a better choice at QB, despite the package that AZ gave up. The only thing anyone can really go off of to evaluate how "good" Kolb is, is his flashes of skill. He's unproven. And to an extent, so is Jackson.

So no, this article does not worry me, I do not agree with this dude. I don't think leadership or "identity" is a necessity in order to succeed.

Reaction score
Disagree.

Its clear the direction they're heading. For one they have a much different idea in what they're looking for at almost every position than Ruskell which accounts for all the turnaround. Although Carroll will say he wants to win now, its obvious they're looking more toward the future. At the end of the article he asked "If Lofa's 4MM was such a problem why wasn't Whitehurst's 4MM or Trufant's 6MM?" I think the easy answer to that is there's no one to take their place. As for having no leaders, how do we know that? As long as the older leaders are there there's no opportunities for new leaders to step up.

Idahawk

Reaction score
You don't need leadership to succeed ? In football? That sounds like something flipaburger would say.

The biggest deal to me is changing the attitude of this organization. We have to get rid of being known as a soft and a finesse team , we have to win on the road and punch people in the mouth doing it !
I think you had to get rid of MH and his legend. I think after all the roster moves last year not bringing back some guys this year and now this Lofa thing the message is clear . The Seahawks are not playing around you play hard or your gone you take our offer or play somewhere else .
TJ will get his last shot as a starter if he's got anything will find out soon enough or he will be gone . I like it it's about time !

Reaction score
You don't need leadership to succeed ? In football? That sounds like something flipaburger would say.

..You don't.. Teams like Oakland, Kansas City, Houston, Tennessee, all are with out a natural "leader", all whom have had success -- you can have players on the team that you BUILD around, and you can have role-models. But being the star, or being a role-model does not signify whether or not that person is a leader. Teams can succeed as a cohesive, collective group, and if any coach has the ability to make that happen, it's Pete Carroll.

In an ideal situation, yes, leadership would be fitting. But to throw this team under the bus for lacking that quality (perhaps you didn't say it, but it was implied by some other posts, and this particular article.) is premature, and absurd.

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Roy Lewis was a captain last season. He's never started a game in his career. What a leader.
I agree with Idahawk.

The Roy Lewis comment to me is kind of silly imo. He was one of our best special teamers. None of us hang with these guys on an almost daily basis and dont know what happens in the locker room. Roy Lewis didnt just become a team captain for no reason. Lewis had a great year last year for how much he played.

Idahawk

Reaction score
How many times do you hear " he's an emotional leader on the defense " anytime your in battle you have to have leaders.

Reaction score
I agree with Idahawk.

The Roy Lewis comment to me is kind of silly imo. He was one of our best special teamers. None of us hang with these guys on an almost daily basis and dont know what happens in the locker room. Roy Lewis didnt just become a team captain for no reason. Lewis had a great year last year for how much he played.

So basically, you think this team isn't going to do well simply because there's no pre-defined leader for this team? That's really stupid...

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Although, If you look at all of our past captains they were all the guys who we wouldve considered leaders so idk.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Team captains were implemented into the NFL in 2007.. How ever did they manage prior to that?

That is a complete bullshit statement and your obviously a young pup.

2007 was when the NFL started the promotion highlighting team captains and adding the patch , I can remember the Chargers having captains patches way back when . I had and I'm sure any other former players here had team captains in organized football . So you can just bury that right with not needing leaders .

I added this
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/02/AR2007100202457.html

Top Bottom