• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Carroll & Schneider Have No Clue

Do you agree with the author?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Not sure...

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I don't disagree with the author on all the points he made, but I do disagree on a couple of them. Hasselbeck was offered a multi-year deal worth a pretty good amount of money. Of course we'll probably never know how much, but it sounded like a reasonable amount for him. If they didn't offer him a contract, then I would agree with the author more, but the fact is, they wanted to keep him and things just didn't work out.

These two guys were the heart of the Seattle Seahawks and now both are GONE – erased as though they had never existed, never contributed to the team and the community, and never had legions of ‘Hawks fans shelling out for their jerseys.

How does a player leaving a team mean that all of his accomplishments are gone and all his actions in the community are gone as well? True Seahawks fans will always remember what Hasselbeck and Tatupu did for their team and the surrounding communities.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Not to get to far from topic . I have to wonder why team A - the Seahawks didn't see any value in having a veteran QB groom a new QB

And why team B - the Titians are so excited to have MH and have him groom the future QB Locker for them .

Seems like Seattle should have had this luxury ?

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I think I am in the "wait and see" camp. I think the author over reacts a bit, but has some valid concerns. My concerns are more around PC and JS making so many moves that good players do not want to come here anymore because they feel they are always looking over their shoulder.

As for leadership, I'm 100% with Ida on this one. If you think leadership is not integral to success, you really do not understand humans and motivational factors. Same with an identity.

So hopefully the outflow of leadership we have seen allows young leaders to emerge.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Hass and Tupe were captians and leaders of this team. Without them, there is a void, but it will be infilled with others like; Deon Butler, Micheal Robinson, Marcus Trufant, Roy Lewis, all have some leadship qualities, a team does not exist some internal leadership, so I disagree with the author that PC is trying to sever the leadership of the team to have control. That is utter bullshit, and everything Ive read and know about PC is he's the opposite. He allows players to flourish by means of competition and positive re-inforcement to realize their full potential. The guy is a hater.

I agree with Fenom that Hass was offered a multi year deal but HE turned it down. Tatupu would not take a pay cut so now we have a better player, but not a better leader in that position with 'the heater'. Pride is a bitch.

Reaction score
I strongly disagree. Regardless of the unothordox style, this team is getting better. Lets take a look at this team now and last year, and compare it to the team of 2009. Take a look at the D line, there is no denying that there has been noticable improvement over 2009. Pete replaced LJack, Tapp, and Kerney with Clemons, Bryant, and Brock. The end result, when the line was healthy, was a huge improvement in sacks and run D. Before Red and Cole went down (around week 8), I believe our run defense was ranked #2 in the league against the run only behind the Steelers. Clemons and Brock combined for 20.5 sacks. An area in which we were very dismall at in 2009, and I recall a lot of fans calling a pass rusher one of our biggest needs going into 2010. I would say that need was addressed, and we didn't give up much for the guys or break the bank with their paychecks either.

Look at the secondary, while they were only consistant at being putred, were still an approvement over the group in 2009. I would think most of you guys would agree the tandem of Thomas/Milloy was an improvement over Babs/Grant. The CB situation remained pretty crappy considering your best player on the team is Trufant and the 2nd best was Jennings. Pete and John seem to be pretty damn serious about addressing that though. Drafting Thurmond last year, Sherman and Maxwell this year and also bringing in a couple undrafted FAs and that guy from the CFL. It's obvious they have a clear vision as to what they want from their CBs. Big strong guys with good range that can jam and own the receiver at the line. Also, drafting Kam last year and Legree this year has improved the safety position. If Chancellor matures and reaches his potential, he will be a nightmare for receivers and TEs going over the middle at 6'3" 230LBs and the mind of a sledge hammer.

Offensive line. Do we really even need to remember the offensive line that gave Matt an average of 1.7 seconds to pass in the Titans game (week 17 2009)? Pete and John tried to address the line last year by drafting Okung last year and bringing in a handful of free agents. The injury riddled line didn't really ever gel and continued to struggle. Still most would agree that it was an improvement over the 2009 line. Now lets take a look at this years line. Pete and John drafted Carpenter (RT) and Moffit (RG) with the 1st and 3rd picks respectively. They also signed a solid veteran Gallery (LEADER BTW!!!) to play LG. Couple them with Okung and Unger and you've potentially got a very good line on paper. If these guys can manage to stay healthy and gel, I would say this is a HUGE improvement over the line in 2009.

Running back position went from Julius Jones, Edgerrin James, Louis Ranking and Forsett to Marshawn, Forsett and Washington.... enough said.

WR position went from Nate Burleson, TJ Douchemendzadeh, Butler, Branch and Obi to Rice, Williams, Obi, Tate, Butler and Durham.... I'd say that is an improvement.

QB is the only position where I think we took a step back. As much as I HATE to admit it, I think it might be time to cut the chord and move on from Hasselbeck. He will be missed, but obviously this team is moving in a totally different direction and they needed to move on at QB as well. I am not happy with the current QB situation, but at this point all I can do is hope for the best If anything, we've got a chance at Luck or Barkley next year.

And Lofa, please, all he led us in last year was missed tackles. I was very ready for him to go. I am very excited for Hawthorne and his hard hitting style.

Reaction score
I think I am in the "wait and see" camp. I think the author over reacts a bit, but has some valid concerns. My concerns are more around PC and JS making so many moves that good players do not want to come here anymore because they feel they are always looking over their shoulder.

As for leadership, I'm 100% with Ida on this one. If you think leadership is not integral to success, you really do not understand humans and motivational factors. Same with an identity.

So hopefully the outflow of leadership we have seen allows young leaders to emerge.

Again, and this will be the last time I express this [Ida]. I've said countless times that leadership is important, but the fact that we lack an real leader on this team is NOT going to drive the Seahawks into the ground. Any one person is just as capable of stepping up and filling their shoes in that particular role. They may not make as much of an impact like Hasselbeck or Lofa, but because we lost their leadership qualities is not the downfall of this team. If they suck this season, it's because they suck.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Again, and this will be the last time I express this [Ida]. I've said countless times that leadership is important, but the fact that we lack an real leader on this team is NOT going to drive the Seahawks into the ground. Any one person is just as capable of stepping up and filling their shoes in that particular role. They may not make as much of an impact like Hasselbeck or Lofa, but because we lost their leadership qualities is not the downfall of this team. If they suck this season, it's because they suck.
Really? Why do you always take shots at people ? And why am I the one you singled out? I know what I'm talking about .

Lol

Ok ROWYHO I guess some of us just didn't get your meaning .

Reaction score
Really? Why do you always take shots at people ? And why am I the one you singled out? I know what I'm talking about .

Lol

Ok ROWYHO I guess some of us just didn't get your meaning .

Be less oblivious, and perhaps people wont be so inclined to single you out ;) It's as simple as that.

Not sure what ROWYHO means.. But I don't know how much more clear I can get than this;

While leadership is key, it does not make or break a team. It's simply, ideal.

In an ideal situation, yes, leadership would be fitting. But to throw this team under the bus for lacking that qualityis premature, and absurd.

[Insert Idahawk's flaming comment here]

Reaction score
So do I take shots at people or just you , again I'm confused by your logic lol

.... Confused by my logic? There wasn't really much logic involved here, but I'll break it down for you if you want and I'll try use small words to avoid any further confusion on your end ;).

Here, I express disbelief at you taking a shot at me for no reason.

Why do you always have to take shots at people??

This is a nice was of calling you a douche bag.

And why am I the one that you single out?

I was speaking specifically about your post in this thread here, but there has been other instances.

I know what I'm talking about

This means I don't understand why you think so lowly of what I have to say.

Idahawk

Reaction score
.... Confused by my logic? There wasn't really much logic involved here, but I'll break it down for you if you want and I'll try use small words to avoid any further confusion on your end ;).

Here, I express disbelief at you taking a shot at me for no reason.

This is a nice was of calling you a douche bag.

I was speaking specifically about your post in this thread here, but there has been other instances.

This means I don't understand why you think so lowly of what I have to say.

A douche bag ?

Your taking it personally that I meant something malicious by saying " that sounds like something flipaburger would say " that's your issue buddy boy not mine . Maybe ask for someones explanation before you fly off the handle . unless of course you felt the OPs post was stupid and you somehow correlate that to yourself . again that's on you. Quit being a baby.

Top Bottom