• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Brandon Browner done

Idahawk

Reaction score
It's a year suspension at his age and after a second chance already , I can't see him back ever. The team worked out Tru , don't know if they'll sign him . He'll appeal but the damage to this teams legacy is already done .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Why is it a year ? And why don't we have the answer on the appeal yet ?

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Hate to say it but what a jackass. How do you make the same mistake more than once. I know it's not PEDs but these guys know better. He just gave away a chance a SB and a massive paycheck in the FA all for what?

I know it won't happen but I sincerely hope we make an example of him and cut him. I'm getting tired of the reputation it brings and I know if we do win the big one, people will start marking it with an asterisk next to the W if it happens. You heard it here first.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
What pothead, yeah if that is true then he should be cut. I heard he will be put on the IR, so whats the point of waiting it out.
He hurt the team.

Looks like we signed Perish Cox, not a big fan of this guy. Id rather promote from within. Hoping also had a good tryout.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Are we going to get a press conference or an apology ? What about a refund or a trade in for a Browner Jersey ? Lol

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Now we know why Browner stumbled and fell down on his way to the end zone ....

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
What's this about it possibly having to do with not taking tests for an extended period of time while in the CFL ? Is he getting punished now for past deeds? This is starting to look like a witch hunt .

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
It just blows me away that players could give up MILLIONS of dollars for little puff, puff. Just absolutely stupid!
They even get like multiple chances per John Clayton.

They deserve to be harrassed about it. Browner will be kicking himself for years about this.

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
For sure. But why put him on the IR as opposed to just cutting him loose right now? Is there a chance they are planning on keeping him or think they can maybe get a trade offer or something? Doesn't make sense.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Is he getting punished now for past deeds? This is starting to look like a witch hunt.

You know, in actuality that would be the best scenario because it would mean that he could easily win an appeal if that's what's going on and also it would be something the Hawks wouldn't throw him under the bus for.
I assumed it was something more recent. I guess we find out soon enough if they disclose the pertinent info of the violation.

Reaction score
For sure. But why put him on the IR as opposed to just cutting him loose right now? Is there a chance they are planning on keeping him or think they can maybe get a trade offer or something? Doesn't make sense.

Let's set our stupid judgmental attitudes aside and look at this from a business perspective. Both Thurmond and Browner were probably going to garner decent sized paycheck and walk after this season. Now... NO ONE is going to sign Browner and more likely than not Thurmond will be kept on the cheap. Keeping Browner on the IR gives the Hawks some wiggle room for the future. Say what you want about this situation, a 6'4" 225lb corner with a mean attitude has been a nightmare for opposing WR's. Let's not forget what Browner has done for the team.

He has made some great clutch plays for this team. The great coverage on the fade route vs STL on 4th and goal. The FF on DeAngelo Williams last season to stop a potential game winning drive by Carolina. The pick 6 vs NYG in 2011 to win the game. Dude is a baller and he likes to smoke weed. It's the NFL and the rest of the country that need to fucking change their 1899 mentality.

Reaction score
FACT: most common recreational drugs (cocaine, heroin, etc) are out of your system in 48-72 hours.... Why? Because your body treats them as toxins and does everything possible to expel them.

THC on the other hand remains in your system for upwards of 30 days. Your body DOES NOT treat it as a toxin.

Hmmm interesting.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
It's the NFL and the rest of the country that need to fucking change their 1899 mentality.

Maybe so but that's a different deal than an NFL player subjected to a rule and then blatantly breaking that rule. You want to talk about stupid? THAT is stupid. Let him protest the 1899 mentality on his own time. As long as it's a stipulation to play in the NFL, then he has two mutually exclusive choices: the pipe or the game. He chose the pipe, to the detriment of his team and the fans.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
By the way, if Browner's facing a one year suspension, then it's a fair question to ask why they would choose to keep him, not even being eligible to play until Week 12 of next season.
I see what you're saying about the 1899 mentality and all that. The whole letter of the law vs principle of the law and that kind of stuff. But with Browner, none of that matters as much as the fact that until a change is made, the rule exists. So he's got to roll with it and just put the friggin pipe down for a while.

Sherman summed it up perfectly at a team meeting recently when he said, "we're going to the Super Bowl. If any of you want to do any of that kind of stuff, then you won't be going with us."
That about says it all.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score

From what I understand a possible scenario is that this is an attempt to punish him for not taking the NFL programs mandated tests after failing one in Denver , being cut and going to the CFL . According to the NFL rules players have to report regardless of status, Browner could have thought he was exempt after signing for another league in Canada but in fact was failed for not appearing , then he may have tested positive in Seattle yet again that I don't know . Probably explains why we haven't heard the results of his Appeal yet , this isn't cut and dry just being leaked to promote a huge game by a sleazy league .

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
At any rate, he was hurt and not going to play for a while anyway. So I would have to say that the Thurmond suspension is more damaging at least for the immediate future. Looks like Maxwell is "next man up". Can't wait for the game on Monday. Took 2 days off work for this one!!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Going on IR is the right thing to do for now until this sorts its self out, as there is more to the story than meets the eye...

A article just came out that BB was in stage 3 of drug program -which garners a 1 yr suspension- because he came into the league (Denver) as a URFA and was entered into the drug program due to college issues with pot (hey he's from oregon what do you expect?).
He went of the NFL's radar when he went into CFL. When he returned, he was elevated to stage 3, EVEN WITH OUT ONE FAILED DRUG TEST! According to BB and agent, he has been very careful about what he puts into his body and even avoids alcohol in fear of failing because he tested often.

I think the NFL is pretty forgiving as far as letting players have a multiple chances when testing positive before suspension, but this 1 year suspension is bullshit. Innocent or not, I hope he wins the appeal. Yeah he was dumb to smoke or even be around it, but it so socially acceptable these days I don't think one hit should garner this kind of punishment.

The league and the nation really should look at marijuana separate to other drugs. It does stay in your system longer and is everywhere, and really what harm does it do? Adults should have the choice to use it recreationally if they choose. Why hasnt science figured out a way to test to see if someone is high? Besides a blood test, like a breathlizer? I think we could perfect that technology, we could more accurately regulate and govern this innocuous little plant.

Top Bottom