• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2011 NFL Mock Draft

Reaction score
Wow I definitely liked our running backs before the saints game (Am I the only one?). It was the Oline's fualt that we had a bad running game.

I wouldnt want us to take Ingram or a RB in the first for that matter.

Reaction score
agreed Eric. And no QB in either of the first two rounds? Mallet, Dalton, Ponder, Gabbert (if he falls), or Locker will probably be a Seahawk.

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
All those QB's were gone by the time we picked in the second. Locker will most likely be gone by the time we pick in the first too.

As for running backs Lynch runs hard but he is pretty slow. He dances a lot I remember when we made the trade my Bills friend warned me about Lynch.

We need gamechangers on offense and so far we have none. I didn't like the Ingram pick either but when a talent like that slips to you at 25th be hard to pass up.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
All those QB's were gone by the time we picked in the second. Locker will most likely be gone by the time we pick in the first too.

As for running backs Lynch runs hard but he is pretty slow. He dances a lot I remember when we made the trade my Bills friend warned me about Lynch.

We need gamechangers on offense and so far we have none. I didn't like the Ingram pick either but when a talent like that slips to you at 25th be hard to pass up.

I don't think Ingram is a gamechanging type of back. He is a bellcow that will move the chains, but he is not an electrifying type of runner like CJ2K or DMC. He will be a very good RB if he is put behind a decent line. If he is drafted by a team with a bad line (us) he will be not much better than Lynch is. When you have as many holes as we have now, getting a guy like Ingram who plays a position of probably our least need and isn't even a gamechanging type of player is a bad move. It would be a different story if we were talking about someone who has the ability to create plays on his own and is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball, he is not that guy. A guy I really like and who Greg Cossell actually compares to Chris Johnson is Taiwan Jones from EWU. But he is a 2nd rd type of guy so MAYBE if he was still there I would consider him, but still probably not. RB's have become a dime a dozen in today's game and that is why teams are waiting until late rounds to draft them now.

Reaction score
As Dmark pointed out Ingram is not very fast anyways so he wouldnt be a speed improvement over lynch .... But I think Lynch is a great running back I liked him way before the possibility of him coming to seattle had even been talked about.

I have always likes powerbacks over speed guys. Now if the running back is fast and powerful like AP then thats great but i would take strength over speed at that position.

Reaction score
Ideally we should trade down maybe out of the 1st round completely unless someone unexpected falls all the way to us like Jimmy Smith, Blaine Gabbert, Tyron Smith or Muhammad Wilkerson.

Reaction score
Jimmy Smith is money... he reminds me of a much better, more talented and educated A. Cromartie

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Hell no on Mark Ingram:
a. There is lots of decent backs we can get in mid rounds; the class is deep on both scat and power backs.
b. We are ok at the position, Im cool with lynch/Forsett
c. If we upgrade the O-line, which is very likely our run game will improve.
d. Mark Ingrams value is mid round to late 1st round, so he wouldnt be a 'steal'. Lots of mocks have him going to NE or GB at the end of round 1.

However I love the 2nd round pick with James Carpenter, OT,this guy is targeted for a starting RT, replacing Sean Locklear!

Jimmy Smith, I do like the talent, but I have him as #4 CB behind Aarron Williams.

Marvin Austin, I like this guy at #25 as well, think he will be absolute beast in the NFL!

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hell no on Mark Ingram:
a. There is lots of decent backs we can get in mid rounds; the class is deep on both scat and power backs.
b. We are ok at the position, Im cool with lynch/Forsett
c. If we upgrade the O-line, which is very likely our run game will improve.
d. Mark Ingrams value is mid round to late 1st round, so he wouldnt be a 'steal'. Lots of mocks have him going to NE or GB at the end of round 1.

However I love the 2nd round pick with James Carpenter, OT,this guy is targeted for a starting RT, replacing Sean Locklear!

Jimmy Smith, I do like the talent, but I have him as #4 CB behind Aarron Williams.

Marvin Austin, I like this guy at #25 as well, think he will be absolute beast in the NFL!

Agree on Ingram and Carpenter. But there is no way Aaron Williams is ahead of Jimmy Smith from a talent standpoint. If not for the character concerns, Smith would be neck and neck with Peterson for the top corner in this draft. The talent is unbelieveable, but he does have some major red flags. Williams has ideal size, but isn't very fluid and doesn't have very good ball skills. Smith has ideal size/speed/hips/ball skills....he is the real deal from a talent standpoint.

I also heard that Marvin Austin is not even on the Hawks draft board at all and they really like Stephen Paea as far as DT's go. Guess we will see in about 3 hours!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Agree on Ingram and Carpenter. But there is no way Aaron Williams is ahead of Jimmy Smith from a talent standpoint. If not for the character concerns, Smith would be neck and neck with Peterson for the top corner in this draft. The talent is unbelieveable, but he does have some major red flags. Williams has ideal size, but isn't very fluid and doesn't have very good ball skills. Smith has ideal size/speed/hips/ball skills....he is the real deal from a talent standpoint.

I also heard that Marvin Austin is not even on the Hawks draft board at all and they really like Stephen Paea as far as DT's go. Guess we will see in about 3 hours!

Yes because of the character issues, but I really like Aarron Williams kid, good size, speed like a corner, hits like a safety.
And...... I would disagree with you on the ball skills. Jimmy has 3 picks, Aarron 5, plus 5 FF and played against more elite talent.

Wouldnt mind Stephen Pea either, Oregon boy, but telling you, Marvin is a beast! Maybe they know something. Will know in 3 hrs! gotta skate from work!

Top Bottom