• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Walter Thurmond facing 4 game Suspention

SEA#FENSE

Huddler
Reaction score
As soon as our season ends I would cut his @ss just to set an example. The season obviously wasn't as important to him as it is for the team. The owner, the fans and the franchise in general have been let down.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Typical Duck (#one you knew that was coming!).
Totally irresponsible, i mean there are cleansing kits out there!

Seriously this a position we really couldn't afford a loss with Browner out. I think I edge towards BB know in who gets resigned this off-season.

Rumor is that we might go for Antoine Winfield now, that would be solid, he can fill in at the nickel until WT3 gets his head out of the clouds.

*cough, cough, cough +que music: sweetleaf by black sabbath

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Winfield makes sense , WT3 beat him out in training camp so we released him . Lane and Maxwell ???? They say our back ups could be starters on other teams , guess we find out !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I like Maxwell to cover a quick TE like Jimmy Graham or even play safety. Not sure about in the slot. Lane seems to fit the outside mold, again not sure on the slot.

Sherm will line up on Colston of the saints, the #2/3 matchup will be one to watch for sure.

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
Rumor has it his suspension was for smoking pot and that is now legal in this state. It's going to be interesting how the NFL handles suspensions in the future with pot being legal in some states and not in others.

Reaction score
Typical Duck (#one you knew that was coming!).
Totally irresponsible, i mean there are cleansing kits out there!

Seriously this a position we really couldn't afford a loss with Browner out. I think I edge towards BB know in who gets resigned this off-season.

Rumor is that we might go for Antoine Winfield now, that would be solid, he can fill in at the nickel until WT3 gets his head out of the clouds.

*cough, cough, cough +que music: sweetleaf by black sabbath

Absolutely. I posted that exact thing on fb yesterday. Oregon DB's love smoking the grass. Honestly, I am shocked that more guys in the NFL don't get popped. I suspect a lot of guys in the league smoke. Like you said, there are ways out there to get around it or at least increase your chances of passing a test.

It seems like most folks are freaking out about the impact that this will have on the team. I think its been a bit overblown. No doubt Thurmond is talented, but the drop off in talent isn't huge. I believe both Thurmond (injury) and Browner (suspension) were out the last 4 regular season games last year and we handled our opponents convincingly. Lane and Maxwell filled in very nicely. I recall them having a good game vs SF last year during SNF. They held Moss, Manningham and Crabtree to pedestrian performances and also ended Manningham’s season.

I think part of the reason this suspension is being overblown is because of the opponent that we face next Monday. N.O. can be a high octane offense when all things are clicking. Fortunately for us, I don’t expect much to be clicking for them come Monday Night, Dec. 2. Cold weather. SNF in Seattle. Crazy 12th man. Angry defense with always something to prove and an offense that has been solid the last few weeks + Percy Harvin spells a convincing Seahawks victory for me. With or without Thurmond.

When all is said and done, this may end up working out for the Seahawks. They may be able to keep Thurmond for much less than originally expected.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
There saying we're cutting bait with Browner , he's done with the Hawks !

In a special meeting last week Richard Sherman and Max Unger Stood up and said " were trying to win a world championship if you want to do this shit were moving on without you "

Reaction score
There saying we're cutting bait with Browner , he's done with the Hawks !

In a special meeting last week Richard Sherman and Max Unger Stood up and said " were trying to win a world championship if you want to do this shit were moving on without you "

Where are you hearing this?? Browner is a charter member of the LoB... hope this one doesn't stir the pot too much.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Tweeter is blowing up with updates and NFL is changing thier story on the Brandon Browner suspension.

Sounds like it might be another WEED suspension (wasnt BB a beaver???)...

AND I was surprised to hear that it takes 3-4 failed weed test before a suspension happens! Per John Clayton. What the hell, its not like he had plenty of chances...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Rumor has it his suspension was for smoking pot and that is now legal in this state. It's going to be interesting how the NFL handles suspensions in the future with pot being legal in some states and not in others.

I think it is included in CBA as a banned substance, whether it is illegal or not. Even if you need it for medical reasons, you have to get league approval to take it.

Top Bottom