• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Turbin time

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Ok, so you blame it on injuries. Thats all I need to know. No point in arguing anymore. Have a good night.

Before his injuries he had awesome stats so I'd say it is pretty obvious it was a key factor. You shouldn't ignore injuries (like SA did) and the fact that he was able to best his own numbers without Hutch and Jones validates his value.

I can totally understand how fans that joined the Seahawks during the seasons leading up to the SB wouldn't be able to see SA's real value to the Seahawks, not saying it pertains to anyone.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Wait. I'm not following. When did he best his own numbers without Hutchinson or Jones?

I'll retract "or" and change that to "Hutch and Jones" but you still have to consider this: http://www.fieldgulls.com/2007/5/17/184157/205. Walter suffered a shoulder injury in pre-season, then ankle and knee injuries in consecutives games (@ Det, Vs. Ari) to start the season off that hindered him all season. He didn't have a very good year in 2006.

On November 27, 2006 MNF game against the Packers, SA carried the ball a team record 40 times for 201 yards

Reaction score
His best season, by far was 2005. Hutch was still here... So when did he best his numbers? Is he playing in the UFL or something? Lol

Reaction score
This whole SA vs Lynch debateis stupid. Two completely different backs playing for two completely different teams.

Lynch is a stud. Turbin could be one day but he's got a ways to go to earn his stripes. And Sprhawk the only reason you don't like Lynch is cause he's hood and not a good role model for your kids. That's fine, but give it a rest already. Go get them a Russell Wilson postet. He's a great kid and loves the Lord.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
This whole SA vs Lynch debateis stupid. Two completely different backs playing for two completely different teams.

Lynch is a stud. Turbin could be one day but he's got a ways to go to earn his stripes. And Sprhawk the only reason you don't like Lynch is cause he's hood and not a good role model for your kids. That's fine, but give it a rest already. Go get them a Russell Wilson postet. He's a great kid and loves the Lord.

Right on, it is stupid. Seattles only NFL MVP shouldn't need defended.

Reaction score
The fact you think that MVP was an individual award bis laughable. Put him behind an average line and he has an average season.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I'll retract "or" and change that to "Hutch and Jones" but you still have to consider this: http://www.fieldgulls.com/2007/5/17/184157/205. Walter suffered a shoulder injury in pre-season, then ankle and knee injuries in consecutives games (@ Det, Vs. Ari) to start the season off that hindered him all season. He didn't have a very good year in 2006.

On November 27, 2006 MNF game against the Packers, SA carried the ball a team record 40 times for 201 yards

Carries was the only thing that was a career high. And that was a function more of the weather (I was there) and Holmgren deciding to feed him the ball 40 times. It has nothing to do with his natural ability. Any play caller can feed the ball to his running back 40 times a game if he wanted.

I like Alexander. But I think his success was a combination of him and the o-line and I echo the sentiments about him and Lynch being very different in style.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
The fact you think that MVP was an individual award bis laughable. Put him behind an average line and he has an average season.

Damn sucked back in.

So bob you are of the opinion that Lynch is a better back than SA too? How did you come to the conclusion that I think the MVP is an individual award?

I disagree, with an average line SA was an above average back and history proves it. It also proves that Lynch was an average to below average back prior to last year. If he's such a good back I seriously doubt the Bills would have traded him. Subpar performance, injuries and legal troubles don't make for a good RB.

We could all dig up stats comparing seasons, injuries, opinions offenses and defensive stats of opponents forever and still come to the same conclusion. SA was great player and will be forever in our records. As Seahawk fans we should honor his memory.

As for Lynch, One is largely right, I just don't like him. He doesn't fit the image I think of when I think of the Seahawks. This has nothing to do with religion but I could have sworn I've seen Lynch selling crack the other day.

Reaction score
I disagree, with an average line SA was an above average back and history proves it.

What history?? You don't make sense.

SA was great player and will be forever in our records. As Seahawk fans we should honor his memory.

Never once said he wasn't a great player, my only point was with a mediocre line, he would be a mediocre back.. not once have you disproven that sentiment. It's cute he had one good game, but thats like saying if the seahawks start off 1-0 they are the best team in the NFL.. Small sample size means nothing.

Reaction score
I think your dislike of Lynch is influencing your opinion of him on the field more than you'd care to admit. I just think people need to realize how insanely good that line was when Alexander was here and that they deserve a lot of the credit for what he did. Didn't Maurice Morris average like 7 Yards per carry in 2005? I think Lynch would have gone over 2,000 yards with that line.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I think your dislike of Lynch is influencing your opinion of him on the field more than you'd care to admit. I just think people need to realize how insanely good that line was when Alexander was here and that they deserve a lot of the credit for what he did. Didn't Maurice Morris average like 7 Yards per carry in 2005? I think Lynch would have gone over 2,000 yards with that line.

I think you are correct. I like to take everything into consideration, there is a lot more to a player than what they can do on the field. SA always gave credit to his line for his accomplishments and so do I.

Other than the Earthquake run with Hasselbeck out front blocking, I haven't been real impressed with Lynch. And like you have said, a lot of it is probibly due to the type of back he is.

“I just approach it to come out here and do my job,” Turbin said. “Coach Sherm says, ‘The best ability is dependability.’ And I just want to make sure when I’m on the field I’m dependable. The offense and the defense, and the coaches and all my teammates, they can all depend on me to do what’s right all the time in a consistent manner.”

Why I'm liking what I see from Turbin, and the same can't be said for Lynch. You have to account for that when you make your comparisons. Do you still think he would have gone over 2k?

Reaction score
Other than the Earthquake run with Hasselbeck out front blocking, I haven't been real impressed with Lynch. And like you have said, a lot of it is probibly due to the type of back he is.

Really? How much of Lynch have you really watched then? if thats the "only" thing that impressed you.

Why I'm liking what I see from Turbin, and the same can't be said for Lynch. You have to account for that when you make your comparisons. Do you still think he would have gone over 2k?

With our 2005 team, yes.

Idahawk

Reaction score
It's time to move forward

After over 30 years of being the good guys I'm ready for an image make over. You don't hear them taking about a soft Seattle team or a team that can't win on the road anymore do you ? If PC has done anything its to make this team leaner and meaner and he has changed the make up of the Hawks from goodie two shoes to a team that will punch you in the mouth.

Reaction score
And Lynch is harmless... dude is just a goofy kid who is from the projects. You can't hold that against him... not his fault where he was born or the way he was brought up... Is it??

Top Bottom