• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Trade for Osi...

Reaction score
#ONE;48069 said:
Branch doesn't add shit... his calling out the fans last year? Does that set a good example for the new youngs?

Fuck no!

He is a loser and a waste of money

He's productive when he's healthy... That seems to get overlooked a lot, which I guess is only fair considering how much he's been injured. But still to say "he adds nothing" is a gross overstatement.

Reaction score
szat;48063 said:
Your harsh.

JJ is a good player, that just isnt living up to expectations. He will get his day in court soon.
JK is a average undersized corner, that isnt living up to his draft selection.

None are douch's or idiots, just not quite cutting it in the NFL.

I know im in the minority when I say this, but I think Deon may have a comeback year next year. Last year, he was looking better finally getting health-ier. Old guys dont mend very well.

I kinda think its sad that with the new regime that anyone can just throw players away. Dont you guys get attached to players?

Why would we get attached to overpaid, under performing players?

Reaction score
szat-
I do get attached to players... One's that earn the stripes. I had high expectations for Jones and he let me down. It's also a business. Lofa is my favorite Seahawk, but if we could get a better young MLB than Lofa I'd be all for it. I'm a fan of Seattle Seahawks (not saying that you're not by your comment, but I root for the Seahawks over a certain player) and not a certain player. Understand what I'm saying? I see where you're coming from, but getting attached to a player in Professional sports is hard to do. Yes I was attached to Cortez Kennedy (can you believe that LOL?) and Walter Jones, but they are exceptions. You don't see many players spending their entire career with one team.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
But in all seriousness, Branch has had his oppurtunities to prove me and everybody else wrong... more chances than I think he deserves, especially with how shitty of an attitude the guy has. He act's like he's Larry Fitzgerald, but plays like Darius Heyward-Bey.

There is no room for those type of "what if we give him a 5th chance" type of guys on this team. This isn't Tim Ruskells "lets find below average guys, sign them to big contracts and hope they have a break out year" team anymore. We need playmakers, we need guys that can stay healthy and give it their all when they are out on the football field. We need guys that are getting paid $5 million a year to play WR in the NFL to get open on almost every play, run great routes and catch passes... not sit out half their games because of "injuries".

If you keep players like this, your team will never be a winner. End of story.

Reaction score
#ONE;48092 said:
But in all seriousness, Branch has had his oppurtunities to prove me and everybody else wrong... more chances than I think he deserves, especially with how shitty of an attitude the guy has. He act's like he's Larry Fitzgerald, but plays like Darius Heyward-Bey.

There is no room for those type of "what if we give him a 5th chance" type of guys on this team. This isn't Tim Ruskells "lets find below average guys, sign them to big contracts and hope they have a break out year" team anymore. We need playmakers, we need guys that can stay healthy and give it their all when they are out on the football field. We need guys that are getting paid $5 million a year to play WR in the NFL to get open on almost every play, run great routes and catch passes... not sit out half their games because of "injuries".

If you keep players like this, your team will never be a winner. End of story.

Again he's been productive when he was healthy. Don't get me wrong I'm not a big Branch fan, but I don't understand why you hate him THIS much.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;48097 said:
Again he's been productive when he was healthy. Don't get me wrong I'm not a big Branch fan, but I don't understand why you hate him THIS much.

Thanks captain obvious... a lot of injury prone players are productive when healthy.

I don't hate Branch that much, I hate that fact that some of you people are still willing to give him a chance.

Reaction score
#ONE;48098 said:
Thanks captain obvious... a lot of injury prone players are productive when healthy.

I don't hate Branch that much, I hate that fact that some of you people are still willing to give him a chance.

Jeeze, what's up with all of the hostility?

There's not really a whole lot of options left, he's going to get another chance. We're not going to get anything for him in a trade. I don't think a lot of us are so much "willing to give him another chance" as we are just accepting he inevitably will get one. And honestly I don't have much of a problem with that because this year we've got a ton of receivers to make him earn that chance. If Mike and Reggie live up to the potential they have you never know, Branch could be the odd man out, but I think he can still be really productive in the right role (whatever that may be) and he seems to work pretty well with Matt.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;48099 said:
Jeeze, what's up with all of the hostility?QUOTE]

Because a thread that started out being about a possible trade for Osi turned into this after a joke was made.

I will sincerely be disappointed in Carrol if Branch is on this team come opening weekend.

And I don't know where you've heard that he does well with Matt, but I've heard Hugh Millen talk about how Matt does not trust Branch numerous times and how he and Matt still have no rhythm despite Branch being here since 2006.

Reaction score
#ONE;48101 said:
bobflipaburger;48099 said:
Jeeze, what's up with all of the hostility?QUOTE]

Because a thread that started out being about a possible trade for Osi turned into this after a joke was made.

I will sincerely be disappointed in Carrol if Branch is on this team come opening weekend.

And I don't know where you've heard that he does well with Matt, but I've heard Hugh Millen talk about how Matt does not trust Branch numerous times and how he and Matt still have no rhythm despite Branch being here since 2006.
I'd blame that on Branch being injured the majority of the time.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Yup... you'd be right in doing so.

But, does that change the fact that he has failed to establish a rapport with Matt, and has failed horrendously to live up to the millions of dollars Paul Allen has invested in him?

This is what I mean, you guys are finding any slight reason to stand up for Branch and his failure just for the sake of arguement... fuck guys.

dig back into your memory, just a few months back and remember how frustrated you felt at the end of last season, and how Branch going onto KJR and talking trash to the 12th man just fueled your angry... come on now.

How quickly you've forgotten.

Top Bottom