• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Trade Down Seahawks

Idahawk

Reaction score
Its been said that we will draft the best player available with the #4 pick....That would mean at this point an OL or a DT or a LB

OL ---adding depth ...with a #4 pick ?

DT ---BJ Raji.... Really ?

LB----Aaron Curry... sure cut Peterson and take him I have no problem with that

With QB Sanchez performing so well at the combine I believe that our spot in the draft has become very valuable... I believe we can gain a pick and still get a quality player by moving down..

Reaction score
This is a weak draft, so I'd be all for trading down. With Philly having 2 first round picks, and McNabb complaining again about a lack of good offensive players, I could see them wanting our #4 to draft Crabtree. We could move down to 21 and get Moreno or hope that one of the OT's falls that far.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
Sanchez performed well? That's the first I heard of that...

I should have said at the combine...but yes according to the NFL network " experts " he was the clear cut leader of the QB's group that and his rose bowl performance should be enough to make a team want to move up for him....teams are hurting at QB so a gamble on a big strong QB could happen

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I guess "performing so well" and being the clear cut leader are two different things to me. You can be the clear cut leader of a group of shitty players, but that does not mean you are any good.

Reaction score
Ida, Ida, Ida...you should know, as a fan of the game, that the Combine is just a glorified week of NOTHING! How a man performs on the long jump or how he runs a 40 with no pads on, and with no rush, has NOTHING TO DO with how he might perform on Sunday afternoons in the fall. The draft is nothing but luck for teams who draft players that pan out and do well.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Well Potts the combine also tells us if a player has an injury ala Crabtree or if he's nuts ala your alabama boy ..It also seperates the guys that know the combine is bullshit but do it anyway because they have to or the workers ! from the prissy ass I won't run or i won't throw until my pro day types....So to say it doesn't mean anything is totally un true.. its stupid yes..but nessesary

Reaction score
go from 4 to 21 ? yeah just kill this team.

weak draft? maybe at RB and QB....

this is the best draft in 15 years for OT

Reaction score
The NFL should just say teams can only send a team rep to 1 pro-day and that ALL players have to be weighed and measured at the combine no exceptions to be eligible for the draft. Over 60% of the DB's did not get their Wt and Ht taken.

Reaction score
It's a good year depth-wise for OT's, but there's not a single one that stands out amongst the rest. We could trade down, get a same caliber OT that we could have gotten at #4, and we don't have to pay a guy top 5 money to be a backup.

Reaction score
seahawkscott19 said:
It's a good year depth-wise for OT's, but there's not a single one that stands out amongst the rest. We could trade down, get a same caliber OT that we could have gotten at #4, and we don't have to pay a guy top 5 money to be a backup.

Thats my belief as well... unless we are willing to pay top five money for an OT we can get about the same player for alot less, plus get something out of it.

Reaction score
seahawkscott19 said:

Did you not watch Jason Smith????? Sounds like he is going to the Rams anyhow. NFL network makes is sound like Det is down to 2. Stafford and Curry

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Ol is not as big a need as other areas....to pick a " guy to groom " is gay...if we spend that pick at 4 we better get something we need...not pile on at a position that we already have depth at...I guess some think that we are just going to sit back in the pocket and pass all day...the ZBS will be moving Hass around and give way to a moving pocket..If they felt hass was to old or could not do it ..then he would have been dealt....This O will be moving and grooving .... and will look way different then the past few years

Reaction score
We could plug Oher into that vacumus hole on our team known as the RT spot untill Walter dies in his cleats later this season.

Top Bottom