• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Top speed!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Taylor Mays: Safety : 231 lbs. 40 yd. dash: 4.24

This guy is a freak of nature!

With a draft rich in safeties and our need I hope we spend one of our top 3 picks on one of these guys.

Berry
Thomas
Mays

Reaction score
Mays ran a 4.43, not a 4.24. The 4.24 time was off a stopwatch by NFL Network which can easily be faster or slower than the official time.

OP
szat

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
oh shit, sorry, yeah that was the unofficial time.
I'll have to watch the rest of the combine, that was what I say at lunch.
Still damn fast.

Reaction score
szat;45449 said:
oh shit, sorry, yeah that was the unofficial time.
I'll have to watch the rest of the combine, that was what I say at lunch.
Still damn fast.
I agree, especially for a guy who is 6'3.

Reaction score
Yeah, 4.24 didn't sound right... That would make him the only player that would be able run down Chris Johnson lol. When I saw that I almost considered him draftable with one of our picks, but now I'd only consider him worth it if he fell to 40 which is highly unlikely.

Reaction score
i like Mays he is a play maker....

something about the way he plays makes me think he has some real good instincts...

Also He has "The Carrol connection" so i think he might be a real possibility for the hawks.

Reaction score
EricOV;45455 said:
i like Mays he is a play maker....

something about the way he plays makes me think he has some real good instincts...

Also He has "The Carrol connection" so i think he might be a real possibility for the hawks.
I think Carroll knows better than to be biased in the draft...or at least he should.

OP
szat

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;45457 said:
I think Carroll knows better than to be biased in the draft...or at least he should.

I would say Carrol knows the most about his players and therefore be in the best position to make that call. If he does draft one of his own, there is probably good justification.

Reaction score
Exactly... Carrol isn't stupid.. he is one of the smartest mothereffers in football.

He knows what it takes to win.. he will know better than ANYONE if Taylor Mayes, or any other USC cat has what it takes to be successful in the NFL.

If he takes Mays, then you better believe there is a damn good reason, and Carrol is extremely confident he'll be successful.

He sure as hell isn't going to do it to be nice.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
Taylor Mays still pisses me off, he shouldve gone to UW and been a HUSKY what a bitch.But no hes a freakin monster i would like to have him he just needs to work on his coverage skills but thats something that can be worked on his skills are stuff that cant be taught.

Reaction score
Lets just bring Hamlin back then because neither of these 2 can pass defend. They think the 'BIG' hit is better than the TD the WR scored the next 5 times they throw the ball that direction.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
LaceyBALL3R360;45696 said:
mays will end up becoming next polamalu and berry will become next bob sanders

Your assuming that Mays will move to Line Backer. Which I feel is a MUCH better fit for him than Safety...

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
robdog;45713 said:
Your assuming that Mays will move to Line Backer. Which I feel is a MUCH better fit for him than Safety...

??? Polamalu is a Safety not a linebacker. Mays i would say is more comparable to Bob Sanders because of his ability to hit and defend the run, Sanders isnt the playmaker on the ball like Berry is. Berry is more comparable to Ed Reed. Both are ball hawks and very versatile.

OP
szat

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
LaceyBALL3R360;45696 said:
mays will end up becoming next polamalu and berry will become next bob sanders

I would compare Mays to Sharper, and Berry to Polamalu... But nobody really compares to Troy, he is one of the all time best Safeties.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
mays to sharper??are you kidding me sharper is slow and a terrible tackler but great coverage, pretty much the complete oposite of mays

Reaction score
szat;45735 said:
I would compare Mays to Sharper, and Berry to Polamalu... But nobody really compares to Troy, he is one of the all time best Safeties.

Agreed.

Very few Safeties are comparable to Troy. He is a very hard hitter, but also makes crazy plays on the ball. Like the one handed jump pick he had against Tennesse at the start of last season.

His injury is one of the biggest reason the Steelers sucked last year.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
i do agree with that polly is the premier safety in the league right now. And weres he from USC, and weres mays from USC.Every1 had doubts about polly comin out of college too saying hes not a great coverage guy, hes to small, blah blah.
im just saying mays with the right teaching could be a legit top safety in the nfl

Top Bottom