• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Time for QB change

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;52315 said:
Funny because Hasselbeck was called Matty Ice at BC long before the poseur even got out of Jr. High

Okay thanks for cleaning this up Because I always called Hass that but for some stupid reason everyone assumed it was Matt Ryan

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
I was at that game (can I get a refund?) and sorry, Matt was much more to blame for the INTs than the receivers or OL. He kept doing the "Favre lob", which is okay if it's in the endzone for a hail mary and we have a bunch of leapers, but not for a freakin' first down on your side of the field! Sure there were some receiver goofs but mostly he had time to find our guys or get rid of it and didn't. Just poor decisions, not paying attention; not like him at all.

I do also blame the play-calling when it's 3rd and two and you lob a pass rather than run. (Later, when we had the same situation, they ran up the middle into the largest pile of dudes. Argh.)

Bottom line, Hass did NOT look like himself and that does not help his case. (Even my wife, who digs him and thinks he's hot, thought we should look for a replacement; that's scary.) What I like about him, tho, is that he could easily come out this weekend and throw for 350 yds and 3 TDs with zero or one inconsequential INT. (As stated elsewhere, he's Jekyll/Hyde to the nth degree this year.) I think perhaps that is what the others here mean when saying it's best to stay with him.

BTW, the greatest part of the game was when they showed the final of the Lambs game. The entire stadium had something to cheer about together!!

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;52291 said:
Largent wasn't a #1.....He was a damn good WR but...A #1? Not a chance....You didn't double Largent, you didn't gameplan to stop Largent...

Galloway....Yeah, he was the only TRUE #1 we've ever had...Teams actually had to gameplan for him because he could score ANYWHERE on the field at anytime...Probably the most explosive player in Seahawks history..

Its sad to think that that might have been the best receiving core weve ever had lololol. I honestly cant think of a better one in the last 20 years..

Man you youngin's with no sense of history...lol

Best WR group?

1997:
Galloway: Deep threat, could score anytime from anywhere.
McKnight:: Led NFL in YPC, was amazing on the deep ball (got the drops in 1998)
Pritchard: Made so many acrobatic catches it was unreal...Pulled in a 40 yard bomb with one hand, while falling down, on the sideline marker...and stayed in bounds..Led NFL in 1st Down Recs that year..
Blades: Anytime a catch over the middle was needed...Brian made it...

We WERE IN THE PLAYOFFS in 1997....IF....We didn't have to play ST...We set records that year for worst STs EVER...Yet finished in the Top-10 in Offense and Defense...Only time Hawks have EVER done that...

The rest of this thread is just fucking stupid....Loserman is a joke, go to a fucking Bills board and post your love of Loserman...I'll guess it's 1 post before you are torn up...

Are you related to Just Terrible Loserman? I don't even think his parents want to admit he's their's.....

James McKnight DROPPED a ton of passes, remember his potential game winner against Pitt in 1998 that he dropped? Blades was done by 1997. Pritchard was good though.

In 1999 with Galloway(half the year), Mays, Dawkins, Pritchard was a nice group.

Gosh that 1997 special teams was so horrible. Ronnie fucking Harris I still hate him like he was Bobby Ayala. How games did that guy kill us?!!

1997 after they put Warren Moon was a terrific offense. Broussard WSU finest at tailback, Moon throwing deep to Galloway. Daryl Williams playing like a stud at safety. Yes I was 12 years old at the time but man that team was special.

My dad and I always talk about that team and what could have been? The next year season started well until the monsoon in KC where Moon broke his ribs.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;52315 said:
As far as you go...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You are the fuckstick sucking on Loserman's dick...So you DQed yourself from ever calling anyone "dumb" for the rest of your life....Same with your toothless wife for letting you tubesteak her in the rear...I'm guessing your children play a mean banjo and have spare digits...:rotfl:

This guy HAS to be one of those morons on Softy's page. Either Nate Johnson, Randy McElfresh, Joe Kramer or Sean Carlson.

At least on here there is just one stupid poster unlike Softy's page where you can count the smart people on one hand out of 5,000+ friends.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
BTW, I politely disagree. Aany guy who breaks several records is automatically a #1, regardless. No one game-planned for one receiver back in Largent's day. Once he started breaking records, tho, the opposition did double-cover him (same with Rice; teams were too busy trying to stop Montana, till Jerry started breaking his own records). I still remember that AWFUL final Washington game where we got shut out so Steve couldn't leave with a TD!!!

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;51993 said:
Okay, I've been offline for a few days after that KC "game" and come back to THIS SHIT?

Loserman? Seriously? Is this a fucking joke? The dude couldn't even stay in Buffalochips home of Haaaaavaaard QB Ryan Leperchuan Fitzpatrick. The guy is fucking terrible...He's got Prick Mirer's arm, Fallen Leaf's football "smarts", and Jemarcus Russell's "talent"..

Seriously? Were you drunk when you posted this? If you were, why don't you share? If you were on another substance that they sell in "coffee shops" in VanCity I'm mad you didn't pass the dutchie to the left hand side...

Fucking Chuckles Manson Whitecursed is a better option and that's like saying I'd rather get shot in the face than shot in the gut...Either way you are fucked....

Matthew Hasselbeck is a PROVEN WINNER who's ONLY thrown for 300 or near 300 for the last HOW MANY GAMES? The "defense" "lead" by Kelli (with an "i") Jennings, Marcus "Contract Year Superstar" Trufant, Lofabread, and a bunch of guys named Bob can't stop shit...It's not the QB's fault his coaches can't call plays or put him in situations where he's fucked either way....

Fucking stupid fans who probably were playing Magic the Gathering in the '90s when McGwire was our QB...Fucking unreal....Matthew is the best thing we've got and we need to RE-SIGN him to a LONG TERM CONTRACT not talk shit about replacing him...He's fucking under 35, people like you are the same idiots in St. Loser who were calling for Marc Bulgerinherpants to start over "washed up" Kurt Warner....How'd that work out for Arizona?

Yeah, push Matthew out the fucking door....Watch him end up replacing the guy he was SUPPOSED to replace in the early 2000s in Green Bay only this time in Minnesota...Then watch him and Peterson carrying the Lombardi Trophy next season in the cold Minnesota Championship Parade....I PROMISE you Minnehaha is drooling over the fact they might be able to score Hasselbeck in F/A.....

He's NOT THE PROBLEM HERE----It's OL, DL, DBs, LBs, and shitty RBs. If he leaves and wins I don't want to -hear a fucking WORD from the H-8-ers....Because 8 is great and if he leaves alot of you mooks pushing him out the door will be the first fuckers saying "Why didn't we re-sign Hasselbeck" when he's holding a trophy at the end of a future season....AND YOU KNOW WHAT?

I DON'T WANT TO FUCKING HEAR ANYTHING BESIDES "CONGRATS MATTHEW" and "94 WAS RIGHT...AGAIN"...

Didn't we just have this little tiff about Interception Jesus Manson a few weeks ago? Some of you ripping my article about that loser before the Giants "game" on Seattle Sportsblog shut up pretty damn quick....

In fact I haven't heard shit about "94 being an idiot when it comes to INT Jesus" since that game...

If you want Matthew gone....You are either a bandwagon or an imbicile...He's the only fucking thing we've got...

Give the guy a fucking break....

Ahhh, wall of text, RUN! :help:

The Heater

Huddler
Reaction score
Too many injuries on O Line. Too many injuries to receivers. Too many different faces. When Payton Manning lost his receivers to injuries, he began throwing boatloads of interceptions. When Drew Brees, in previous seasons, lost his receivers to injuries, he threw interceptions. When Johnny Unitas lost his starting receivers, he threw interceptions. And the list goes on. Hasselbeck is no Johnny Unitas or Payton Manning, but he is good enough to throw the ball through a small opening and get it right in the hands of his receiver. However, when the timing is not there, and the receiver stops too soon or overruns the route or just runs the wrong direction, bad things happen at the end of the throw.

The coaches know this issue, which is why you don't see Clipboard Jesus or JP Losman coming in. It does not solve the problem, it probably makes it worse, and probably reduces the confidence of the backup QBs.

Get some more offensive linemen in the draft. Lets just cruise the rest of the season without any more major injuries, and get a good rank in the draft. I would rather have a higher draft pick than get in the playoffs this year, because the team right now is like a worn out engine with only some new parts. It can get you down the road, but it isn't going to do the work it could do if more parts were replaced with new ones. A playoff berth this season in this division is a double death knell: you lose in the first round, plus you drop down in the draft. No thanks. :nea:

Top Bottom