• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Time for QB change

Olyspud

Huddler
Reaction score
Much as I think Matt has been a great QB for us, he just isn't getting the job done lately. My feeling is that he tries for the big play way too often. We have a guy sitting on the bench with experience and might be able to move the team....J. P. Losman. This should get some people riled up.

Reaction score
Olyspud;51968 said:
Much as I think Matt has been a great QB for us, he just isn't getting the job done lately. My feeling is that he tries for the big play way too often. We have a guy sitting on the bench with experience and might be able to move the team....J. P. Losman. This should get some people riled up.
Blame the losses on the defense and the lack of a running game, not Hasselbeck.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Olyspud;51968 said:
I really hope you were kidding when you wrote this. Losman is a joke, and Matt in my opinion has been one of the few bright spots these last few weeks. You cant win if you cant run the ball and cannot defend the run, football 101. This team needs help in the trenches on both side of the ball. Pete and Schneider did great this last offseason and we will need them to have another good one this next offseason.

Reaction score
We should really develop some sort of screening process to check someones mental state prior to letting them create an account.

Reaction score
#ONE;51981 said:
We should really develop some sort of screening process to check someones mental state prior to letting them create an account.

HAAAAAAAAAAA

Really though.. Is this thread a joke?

Reaction score
We're still in the race for the division. You don't change QBs during that. Hasselbeck stays at least until we're out of the race. Look at how Whitehurst did for us against the Giants. We have no running game so defenses solely rely on our passing game. Our defense has been on the field too long for them to be successful, but Hasselbeck gives us the best chance to win and make the playoffs right now.

S

Seattlehawk94

Okay, I've been offline for a few days after that KC "game" and come back to THIS SHIT?

Loserman? Seriously? Is this a fucking joke? The dude couldn't even stay in Buffalochips home of Haaaaavaaard QB Ryan Leperchuan Fitzpatrick. The guy is fucking terrible...He's got Prick Mirer's arm, Fallen Leaf's football "smarts", and Jemarcus Russell's "talent"..

Seriously? Were you drunk when you posted this? If you were, why don't you share? If you were on another substance that they sell in "coffee shops" in VanCity I'm mad you didn't pass the dutchie to the left hand side...

Fucking Chuckles Manson Whitecursed is a better option and that's like saying I'd rather get shot in the face than shot in the gut...Either way you are fucked....

Matthew Hasselbeck is a PROVEN WINNER who's ONLY thrown for 300 or near 300 for the last HOW MANY GAMES? The "defense" "lead" by Kelli (with an "i") Jennings, Marcus "Contract Year Superstar" Trufant, Lofabread, and a bunch of guys named Bob can't stop shit...It's not the QB's fault his coaches can't call plays or put him in situations where he's fucked either way....

Fucking stupid fans who probably were playing Magic the Gathering in the '90s when McGwire was our QB...Fucking unreal....Matthew is the best thing we've got and we need to RE-SIGN him to a LONG TERM CONTRACT not talk shit about replacing him...He's fucking under 35, people like you are the same idiots in St. Loser who were calling for Marc Bulgerinherpants to start over "washed up" Kurt Warner....How'd that work out for Arizona?

Yeah, push Matthew out the fucking door....Watch him end up replacing the guy he was SUPPOSED to replace in the early 2000s in Green Bay only this time in Minnesota...Then watch him and Peterson carrying the Lombardi Trophy next season in the cold Minnesota Championship Parade....I PROMISE you Minnehaha is drooling over the fact they might be able to score Hasselbeck in F/A.....

He's NOT THE PROBLEM HERE----It's OL, DL, DBs, LBs, and shitty RBs. If he leaves and wins I don't want to -hear a fucking WORD from the H-8-ers....Because 8 is great and if he leaves alot of you mooks pushing him out the door will be the first fuckers saying "Why didn't we re-sign Hasselbeck" when he's holding a trophy at the end of a future season....AND YOU KNOW WHAT?

I DON'T WANT TO FUCKING HEAR ANYTHING BESIDES "CONGRATS MATTHEW" and "94 WAS RIGHT...AGAIN"...

Didn't we just have this little tiff about Interception Jesus Manson a few weeks ago? Some of you ripping my article about that loser before the Giants "game" on Seattle Sportsblog shut up pretty damn quick....

In fact I haven't heard shit about "94 being an idiot when it comes to INT Jesus" since that game...

If you want Matthew gone....You are either a bandwagon or an imbicile...He's the only fucking thing we've got...

Give the guy a fucking break....

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Bench Hasselbeck?!!

I thought I signed up for a real site not Softy Mahlers page 2.0!

Hasselbeck may not be 2005 Hasselbeck but he is like number eight or nine on the Seahawks problems. Look at last week shall we? His leading rusher had 20 yards, his defense looked Wazzu in the Wulff era with getting scored on worse than a hooker during Marty Gra, his leading receiver was out, his next "best" receiver dropped how many balls, and his second round pick at WR sucks. Oh yeah all that with the crappiest Offensive Line three years in a row running.

Hasselbeck isn't the problem I thought after Whitehurst meltdown(which Seattlehawk94 correctly called before it even happened, if not for a bullshit touchdown first qwest shutout ever. Instead it was worst loss) people would stop with this non sense. Re-Sign Hasselbeck to at least three year deal, draft a QB who doesn't play college ball in this town(I'm a Huskies fan, diehard and I'm done with the Locker experience) in the second or third round and let him develope. This is like the 90's when fans couldn't wait to show Dave Krieg the door and you know what happened next? Shitty QB play after QB play. I'll spell it out for some of you Stoffer, McGuire, Gelbaugh, Mirer, Friez, and Kitna. A decade of shittnyness that almost lost the franchise to L.A. I dont' want to fucking go through that shit again.

Keep Hasselbeck and develope someone behind him who is ready to take over when that day comes. Whitehurst isn't the guy and Losman certainly isn't the guy! The NFL needs QB's he was out of the NFL all of last year and most of this year.

mark

Huddler
Reaction score
i dont think the running game is bad it just isnt used as often as it should pound for pound justin forsett i think gives 110% hes just a boney lil shit but he gets better yrdage than the big dolla boys marshawn lunch hasnt been bad at least he isnt out with an injury already like some others, ya cant do anything if you aint used, and you watch this is just the beginning of williams injurys, sure sign matt for a couple of more years and make sure if he goes somewhere else to play he at least has a limp

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Hey Hasselbeck is our best option right now, and he has had decent protection this year so he's staying healthy!

Sure he has his ups and downs, but who doesnt, and when he's hot, this year he has really impressed me, exspecially going deep.

I dont know, if we can keep Matt clean, and run the ball some, with time as these guys get proficient with the new offense I see good things happening.

Sign Matt to 2-3 year deal, keep WH has back up, pick up a top rated QB in the draft, and there we go.

Beleive me Matt isnt physically or mentally ready to hang it up. He wants another shot at the Lambardi.

Reaction score
this guy might be the guy that has the seats right next to mine. Seriously, the guy that sits next to me every week blames Matt for everything. Sacks are always his fault for not getting rid of the ball, INTs are ALWAYS his fault, Ben Obomanu getting hurt last week was his fault... Dude drives me nuts.

mark

Huddler
Reaction score
he is just tired and fed up also buy the guy a beer and laugh about it! seahawks fans have always had it rough everyone can be pissed off and excited that our team is not what we want its our job as fans to console each other....lol p.s. maybe the guy has an ugly wife to go home to

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;52138 said:
this guy might be the guy that has the seats right next to mine. Seriously, the guy that sits next to me every week blames Matt for everything. Sacks are always his fault for not getting rid of the ball, INTs are ALWAYS his fault, Ben Obomanu getting hurt last week was his fault... Dude drives me nuts.

God I hate assholes who don't understand football. I don't mind people who complain but complain intelligently not by blaming the QB for EVERYTHING! I had to deal with that shit for the last four years with Locker!

Top Bottom