• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Perfect Draft?

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
1. Eric Berry (FS)
1 (14th). Derrick Morgan (DE)
2. Mardy Gilyard (WR)
4. Tony Washington (OT)
4 (127th). Myron Lewis (CB)
5.Zane Beadles (OT/G)

or...

1. Bryan Bulaga (OT)
1. (14th). Earl Thomas (FS)
2. Mardy Gilyard (WR)
4. Ricky Sapp (DE/LB)
5. Daniel Te'o-Nesheim (DT)

Any thoughts? I know someone will think waiting until the 4th and 5th round for a tackle is stupid but Alex Gibbs can draft them very well. Mardy Gilyard is a reach but I think he could fall.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
12thManFan;46748 said:
1. Eric Berry (FS)
1 (14th). Derrick Morgan (DE)
2. Mardy Gilyard (WR)
4. Tony Washington (OT)
5.Zane Beadles (OT/G)

or...

1. Bryan Bulaga (OT)
1. (14th). Earl Thomas (FS)
2. Mardy Gilyard (WR)
4. Ricky Sapp (DE/LB)
5. Daniel Te'o-Nesheim (DT)

Any thoughts? I know someone will think waiting until the 4th and 5th round for a tackle is stupid but Alex Gibbs can draft them very well. Mardy Gilyard is a reach but I think he could fall.
I like both scenarios...probably the 2nd one better. Earl Thomas is rated higher than Eric Berry from a few people as the top safety in the draft. Therefor if we got our franchise LT in Bulaga and who many believe the best safety in the draft...at least 2nd best than that would be a picture perfect scenario. I like Marty Gilyard, his 40 time wont impress you but if you have seen him play he is a real playmaker. However, Im gonna stand by my opinion that as the draft gets closer, Denver will be willing to make a more reasonable trade that would send Marshall to us. Everyone knows that Denver doesn't want him and I believe that our 2nd rd pick will be a part of a deal to land him. So if thats the case...im all for that. I like your thoughts in the middle of the draft too with Sapp, Lewis, and Neshiem.

OP
12thManFan

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah If we did by somechance land Marshall, then our 2nd round pick and Chris Spencer would be part of the deal I believe. Then we will move Unger to C.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
12thManFan;46756 said:
Yeah If we did by somechance land Marshall, then our 2nd round pick and Chris Spencer would be part of the deal I believe. Then we will move Unger to C.
spencer or simms. its already known they want to get rid of simms. so either way.

Reaction score
My perfect draft would be getting

1 Okung, or McCoy
1 Dan William or Earl Thomas
2 Vladimir Ducasse or Jahvid Best
4 Cameron Thomas
4 Daniel Te'o Nesheim
5 Tony Washington, OT, Abilene Christian
6 Jerome Murphy, South Florida
7 Chris Carter
7 Jared Veldheer, Hillsdale

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Im with you wag, although I would want to get a bigger more durable back to compliment forsett, maybe Matthews/Garheart/Blout a little later get a DE earlier.

Reaction score
yeah I was trying to build our 2 lines 1st
outside of spiller who I don't think is a everydown back so I am backing off him a little the other backs out there have too many flaws to take one (best has concussion issue that is scary). I would just like to get the lines healthy and deep to protect our future qb and rb whomever that is........

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46764 said:

1 Okung, or McCoy
4 Cameron Thomas
4 Daniel Te'o Nesheim
7 Chris Carter
I like it and would be all for it. Dont think cam thomas will make it out of round 2 with all of the 3-4 teams looking for a NT...especially to round 4 but you never know. Veldheer is projected late 2nd to 3rd round...i dont see him goin in the 7th round that would absolutely be a miracle and a steal.

Reaction score
Veldheer was rumored to be a 7th round or FA yesterday (NFL network on the top 15 sleepers)
did I miss something?
Cam Thomas has a knee issue

OP
12thManFan

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46764 said:

1 Okung, or McCoy
4 Cameron Thomas
4 Daniel Te'o Nesheim
7 Chris Carter

Not bad but Veldheer is a late second not 7th (I wish). I don't want a RB PERIOD. We need OT and CBs more and we should honestly give Forsett a shot. Look what he did as starter in a bad season under a bad coach!

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
12thManFan;46779 said:
Not bad but Veldheer is a late second not 7th (I wish). I don't want a RB PERIOD. We need OT and CBs more and we should honestly give Forsett a shot. Look what he did as starter in a bad season under a bad coach!
2010 NFL Draft: Top 10 Small-School Prospects | Bleacher Report

this was from a few weeks ago but everything i have heard about veldheer says he is a late 2nd but could fall to the 5th.

Reaction score
My dream mock:

1st: Baluga
1st: Spiller (or Dan Williams)
2nd: McCluster or Nate Allen
4th: Darrel Stucky (If we dont get allen)
4th: Tony Washington

Havent thought about the other 4 picks but yea.

Reaction score
not sure what picks but i would like to come out of the draft with good LT&DE then pick.... Taylor mayes...jordan shipley.....
and Lagarrett Blount....
i would really love to have those three players.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
I would like to see the offensive and defensive line addressed with our two first round picks. A Williams (Trent and Dan) first round would be ok with me. Someone I want in the later rounds who is way off the radar is G Mike Johnson from Alabama. 6-6 312 pounds and is a perfect fit for a zone blocking team.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
EricOV;46786 said:
not sure what picks but i would like to come out of the draft with good LT&DE then pick.... Taylor mayes...jordan shipley.....
and Lagarrett Blount....
i would really love to have those three players.

OOoooo A beaver pickin a duck!

I like these three players as well, really give hawks a nice swagger!

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Ya we definitely need a good LT and DE. As far as Mays he wont be there unless we take him at 14, which i think is too high and would rather have Earl Thomas. Unless Carroll wants to trade down in the 1st round, then i could see him taking Mays with a later pick in the 1st round. I like Shipley a lot, not gonna be a gamebreaker...but will be a solid receiver in the nfl. And I like Blount but there are a few backs I would rather have over him. Montario Hardesty from Tennessee is 6'1 220 and ran a 4.49 40 at the combine. He is an all around back. I also like Jonathan Dwyer, he weighs 235 and ran a 4.52 40 at the combine. He would be a great combo back with Forsett. The last guy i like is Ben Tate from Auburn. He's 5'11 220 and ran a 4.43 40 at the combine...he also bench pressed 225 lbs 26 times. He is an all around back as well. At least one of these 3 guys will be available for the Hawks 2nd rd. pick and I would love to grab either one! Dont get me wrong I like Blount too and wouldnt mine grabbing him with one of our 4th rd. picks if we dont get one of these 3 with our 2nd rd. pick.

Reaction score
Dmark.... all those backs are good but i think... that Blount will be a steal because of his Incident... i believe he has really grown sense then... any way he will go later in the draft and will be a monster... thats why i think we should go with him... no early picks lost and still a monster back..

This may come as a shock but i route for the Ducks as long as they aren't playing my Beavers... The Ducks are actually my Second Favorite College team...:help:

Reaction score
that Blount will be a steal because of his Incident... i believe he has really grown sense then...

you do know he had a couple of incidents at the senior bowl right? Coaches riding him for half ass'n practice and him taking a swing (he missed) at the back of a teammates head.

Raiders will probably take him in the first anyhow.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Where did hear that about Blount? All I heard and saw about LG was how well he performed and handled himself ever since "the incident"

I also saw that LG had a wonderlic score of 16.
CJ Spiller's was the RB position worst 10.

Go figure.

Top Bottom