• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Offensive Line

Idahawk

Reaction score
Sweezy was a beast against the 49ers and overall it was an outstanding effort . By the second half we we're pushing the niners and that front 7 backwards . Lynch is the first rusher to go over 100 yards against them all year with a 109 yards. The last few weeks when we needed to run they stepped up and made plays and against Denver where you need to control the clock and keep that offense off the field, they become the most important piece of the game.

Free Brandon Browner

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Right behind Russell being on his game, this is close second of what I was most happy to see. I am really impressed with our two rookies too! Those two could be starter caliber guys! I would totally open to trade #1 pick to move down in the draft, say for a #3,4,5 pick. I think we do best in the latter rounds!

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
I would wager that Wilson has a much better day verses a #19 defense. (From memory)

Secondly the Broncos have not faced a defensive like the Seahawks all year. Except when we played them preseason, but we've gotten better since then.

It will be proved or disproved wether defense wins championships. But I think under these conditions we have an offense as well. It will be an awesome challenge and will prove who's best hands down.

You can't ask for more than that.

Sent from a cell at the CLink...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I would wager that Wilson has a much better day verses a #19 defense. (From memory)

Secondly the Broncos have not faced a defensive like the Seahawks all year. Except when we played them preseason, but we've gotten better since then.

It will be proved or disproved wether defense wins championships. But I think under these conditions we have an offense as well. It will be an awesome challenge and will prove who's best hands down.

Yes, the obvious match up is the Broncos O verses Seahawks D, but I think your right, and we should be up to hang 30 points on their Defense. I think we are going to go beast quake all over their asses.

I don't know about prove or disprove, but it will certainly strengthen the argument.
I've always believed Defense wins Championships but you still need an offense and ST to win the game.

Reaction score

Yep, actually, 6 of the last 7 games we've played have been against a top 10 (actually top 8) defense... And the team that wasn't top 10 was St. Louis, who always play like a top 5 defense against us

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
We learned Wilson needs to throw down the field and trust those under rated WRs to go get it , you think Sherm has chip , try Baldwin on for size !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
How much of it was the O-line and how much of it was Lynch just taking the running game on his shoulders? YAC numbers are indicative. He didn't have a whole lot of space to run.
PFF also pointed that out after the Saints game too and made an interesting point. In running plays where Lynch was lined up as the lone back he averaged over 8 yards per carry. In 2-back sets with the FB as the lead blocker, he only averaged 2.7 yards per carry.
On that 40 yard TD run against the Niners, he was once again out of the single back set. It might be more of a case of Lynch doing a lot of it by himself and the more people just get the heck out of his way, the better.

But overall, the O-line did enough and Wilson was efficient enough, the two elements I had pegged would be the difference between winning or going home.

Well done, Hawks!!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
How much of it was the O-line and how much of it was Lynch just taking the running game on his shoulders? YAC numbers are indicative. He didn't have a whole lot of space to run.
PFF also pointed that out after the Saints game too and made an interesting point. In running plays where Lynch was lined up as the lone back he averaged over 8 yards per carry. In 2-back sets with the FB as the lead blocker, he only averaged 2.7 yards per carry.
On that 40 yard TD run against the Niners, he was once again out of the single back set. It might be more of a case of Lynch doing a lot of it by himself and the more people just get the heck out of his way, the better.

But overall, the O-line did enough and Wilson was efficient enough, the two elements I had pegged would be the difference between winning or going home.

Well done, Hawks!!

Not to take away from Lynch because he was A BEASTTTT!!! but yes, the O-Line was definitely getting some push, especially in the 2nd half. Thats pretty incredible considering who was on the other side of the ball! On a few plays the ZBS was very effective, knocking defenders back several yards off the LOS and creating levels space.

I would concur, the last two games my observations have been that run plays out shot gun formation have been very effective! It's kind of an option play, but really call it a draw.
It seems when we line up with FB, they know the run is coming so you dont get those big time explosive plays. But still when you need a yard or 2 line up in the I and go iso or power to get er done!

Top Bottom