• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tez: Wait until next year

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Agree completely about Krieg, not about Sabol. The Dad should not be in there either unless he played or coached. Is Cosell in? How about the hot macromastic chick from MNF? Dennis Miller 'cause he's funny? How about the CEO of Riddell or Wilson? Can't play without a ball or helmet. What about the guy who designed Qwest? It's a great stadium. How about the creative director of the Apple 1984 spot while we're at it? It's a classic. Where does it stop?

Tez was robbed, plain and simple. I know Dent played on a SB team but the Rams guy? I never even heard of him. Compare his stats to Tez's and tell me who's better, and who did better for his team. And Deion? WTF? For having the world's biggest ego? No way is he better than Cortez and even if you think he is, he's too newly retired. Seniority goes to Tez. The HOF voting has become as ridiculous and absurd as the Oscars. Pity votes, popularity contests, ratings, probably payola too. No respect anymore.
:mad2:

BTW, when did Largent get in? What about Jacob Green?

S

Seattlehawk94

Largent was 1st Ballot....

Green is another one that belongs....He has the stats and was good enough for long enough to make it...

S

Seattlehawk94

He might've had alot to do with this lockout but....

There was never a strike or lockout DURING his tenure, the league grew by 5 teams (counting the "new" Browns or Ravens "expansion team" if you like), stadiums were built, TV deals were inked, and the league became the National Passion....

For those reasons alone...To me, he's in....

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
And those are very fair reasons.

I wish the the HOF was better defined. People say "Keep so and so out because of off the field x." And people argue with, "The HOF is for on the field performance." Well, was Sabol on the field? Tagliabue? Etc. What they did contributed to what is on the field, but so can a player's publicity off the field.

S

Seattlehawk94

They have a "Builders" wing in the Hockey HOF...Owners, broadcasters, etc. all go in there....Personally I think that's a great idea.....Not all people who've grown OUR GAME are the players and coaches....The Sabols are the perfect example....

Those guys ALONE have helped make the game what it is today....Who doesn't watch "Inside the NFL" and not gets goosebumps hearing that music in the background with that cinematography....That IS NFL football.....

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I love that music.

I like that builders wing idea. 1 per year or something. But don't take a player's spot. There is already a huge backlog of deserving players and for that reason, some that should, may never get in.

S

Seattlehawk94

Number 18;55145 said:
I love that music.

I like that builders wing idea. 1 per year or something. But don't take a player's spot. There is already a huge backlog of deserving players and for that reason, some that should, may never get in.

Sam Spence, the creator of that music belons in a builder's wing as well..Without that music, NFL Films isn't what isn't what it is....

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
The epic comeback music is my favorite. I think of Elway on the road facing 98 yards and then the comeback music comes on and I get chills(I also hate the Broncos but love it).

S

Seattlehawk94

I perfer "The Ramblin' Man from Gramblin"...That is perfect for QB to WRs videos...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho5t2SyKdUQ]YouTube - NFL MUSIC: Sam Spence - Ramblin' Man from Gramblin'[/ame]

S

Seattlehawk94

As bad as I hate the Faiders, "The Autumn Wind" with Facenda narrating it is money...

Speaking of HOFers----JOHN FACENDA....Dude was the voice of the NFL for a loooooong time....Pat Summerall also deserves induction...

S

Seattlehawk94

Yeah, that's a great one....Do love that one they played at the end of the Superbowl with the horns....Very classy song....Beats the hell out of the cliche "We are the Champions" you hear in like every other event for the LL World Series to the World Cup....

Song starts at 0:22.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu1Ny-HHn70"]YouTube - Vince Lombardi Trophy Presentation - Green Bay Packers (Super Bowl XLV 2-6-2011)[/ame]

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18;55145 said:
I love that music.

Absolutely! Logical and fair.

Speaking of music, for our wedding reception, my wife and I used the intro to (the real) Monday Night Football. I wrote some cheesy pun-filled copy for the DJ to read while we came running out. Love that music!
:emoticon-0115-inlov

Also got to work with one of the greatest voices of the game, Harry Kalas, for an AutoTrader.com video. Talk about defining a sport and generation (along with John Facenda of course).
Put them in the builders wing too!

S

Seattlehawk94

Kalas was money.....Funniest thing is they replaced Facenda with Kalas and both were Philly newscasters....Something about the "Philly accent" I guess just fits NFL Films....

Kalas was a class guy, miss his voice on "Inside the NFL"....Dude made every highlight video feel like the Superbowl even if it was a matchup for 2-12 teams in December...

Don't think you can give a bigger compliment than that about someone in that profession....

Top Bottom