• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Team Popularity Based on TV Viewing/Internet Stats

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18;50179 said:
Dallas Cowboys Are NFL's Most Popular Team - WSJ.com

The Seahawks don't fare so well. Since the fanbase here is so fickle, I can't imagine them having a solid fanbase anywhere else.

I have that lunch box pictured in the article. :)

I don't think that we are as popular because we are in the north west. People forget that we even exist up here. We are surrounded by Idaho and Oregon (not hot beds for mass media). It doesn't help our case either that we are in the worst division in football. People just right us off. Like it or not, we are in NFL purgatory.

So what though, I don't want a bunch of D Bag, band wagon fans, ala the Pats or Steelers, jacking up the prices of my seats to go to games, so I am happy with where we are at.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Not that I care about a popularity contest, but this is based on tv rankings, and I think the time zone factors into it; notice all the west coast teams on the right side. Oakland travels very well, and they are in the bottom end.

Hawks fans are loyal SOB's, 18, like me, I dont what your talking about.
Only the bandwagoning 05 fans are fickle.

Reaction score
1. Fans stopped watching after it was obvious the Seahawks weren't going to make the playoffs.
2. No primetime games (aka, no national audience).

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
szat;50182 said:
Hawks fans are loyal SOB's, 18, like me, I dont what your talking about.
Only the bandwagoning 05 fans are fickle.

I'm not saying anyone on this board is a fickle fan. But how many seats would we take up at Qwest? The "bandwagoning 05 fans" are the people that make up most of the fans. Ask most "fans" about anything pre-2005 and they are clueless. Before 2006, I didn't even have to have season tickets because I could buy single game tickets to any game in the 100 level. Then 2006, 2007, and 2008 all the bandwagoners hopped on. Two bad years in a row and there isn't a waiting list for season tickets anymore.

Reaction score
Number 18;50190 said:
I'm not saying anyone on this board is a fickle fan. But how many seats would we take up at Qwest? The "bandwagoning 05 fans" are the people that make up most of the fans. Ask most "fans" about anything pre-2005 and they are clueless. Before 2006, I didn't even have to have season tickets because I could buy single game tickets to any game in the 100 level. Then 2006, 2007, and 2008 all the bandwagoners hopped on. Two bad years in a row and there isn't a waiting list for season tickets anymore.

Yep, my dad got season tickets no problem a couple months ago.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I know you werent 18, I think that its still a good fan base, but yeah alot of butts in seats are pretty fareweathered.
My understanding is there still is a Blue Pride wait list, that from my rep and a freind on the list.

In retrospect, in cheesehead land, they grandfather season tickets out, because the wait list isnt years, but decades.

S

Seattlehawk94

Decades? Hardly...

Try this on for size...This year only 17 season tickets in GB weren't renewed...

Translation: If you put your name on the list today you'd get tickets in about 2321 at that rate. .

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;50200 said:
Decades? Hardly...

Try this on for size...This year only 17 season tickets in GB weren't renewed...

Translation: If you put your name on the list today you'd get tickets in about 2321 at that rate. .

Or you can just buy them off Seathound.com right now. Of course they get their stuff from Stubhub, TicketsNow, etc, so you will be paying a premium, but you will have season seats. :man_in_love:

Irish Hawk 12

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;50200 said:
Decades? Hardly...

I have been told when someone dies it is handed down to the next member of the family

S

Seattlehawk94

twelvewins;50279 said:
It is Green Bay though. Is there ANYTHING else to do there?

Most fans live in Milwaukee, Madison, and around the state...There is as much to do in Wisconsin as here, not like we have Disneyland or something similar...

Bash places like Zona but I'd take Sconsin fans any day...People there live and breathe football...Unlike Dallass or New Yawk they are loyal year in and year out, look at the 70s and 80s..The Fudgies sucked but they still looked at tickets as gold...

As for Starhub and the escaplers, yeah you could get them there but...As John said, people Will their Tix to kids and grandkids, its almost a religion to them..

Top Bottom