• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

T.J. Talks

Idahawk

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
The line is fine.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you watch the last few games of the year without all the starters ????? :lol: :lol: Best stats of the season ...and these were guys pushed into duty because of injury....if they went through camp and played together all season ...who knows....Did Seneca not play well ? Did Mo not run well ?......We have good back ups and starters

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
SeahawkWag said:
The line is fine.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you watch the last few games of the year without all the starters ????? :lol: :lol: Best stats of the season ...and these were guys pushed into duty because of injury....if they went through camp and played together all season ...who knows....Did Seneca not play well ? Did Mo not run well ?......We have good back ups and starters
If you're not being sarcastic...that's what I was pointing out. Those backups did a great job covering for the starters who were all out for injuries. When you have backups that did that well, you obviously have some solid guys there who can help make your line better. We may not have the best line, but they're decent enough. The left side is our statistically strong side (Jones/Whale). The Center, Guard and Right Tackle are questionable, but with the guys who took over at the end of the season against teams like the Jets and Patriots, we should be fine without drafting someone early.

But, that's my opinion. Sorry if you can't accept that for what it is. :D

Reaction score
Don't even get me started on this line stuff again. I think that our backups did a great job, BUT the line is where your team sinks or swims. I know it's not a sexy pick like a fast receiver or a running back, but it is more crucial than either. Great lines make average skill players look better. Its hard to say when a line is great because there aren't many stats to show. You can tell they are good by how the offense as a whole performs. If the QB has time to hit his receivers, or the running game is working, there is the evidence of solid line play. I think it is ALWAYS smart to build your line through the early rounds of the draft. That being said, I like most all the players being talked about to go early in the draft. None of them (except Stafford or Sanchez) would bother me.

Reaction score
Phaze- that was recently disputed when he set-up a meeting with Philly. However from what I've heard Minny is keeping him in and saying they won't let him go until a deal is struck. So if that deal comes tonight yes then he will make a decision, but if not he is still going to meet with Philly.

Reaction score
Phaze-
Alright a new report I just read says he may still make the decision tonight. Sorry about that a report I read last night was that had been disputed, but it appears still a possibilty. Sorry about that again.

Reaction score
TJ is too expensive. The guy is 31 years old and wants 10 mil a year. We already have 2 overpaid receivers, I don't want a third. Let him go to the Vikes and have a couple of backup quarterbacks throw him the ball.

Reaction score
how much are our 2 overpaid WR making? :roll:
Our highest paid WR is around 3 million I beleive. You wanna talk overpaid look how much $$$ is wasted on just our starting LB's.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
how much are our 2 overpaid WR making? :roll:
Our highest paid WR is around 3 million I beleive. You wanna talk overpaid look how much $$$ is wasted on just our starting LB's.

Burleson's cap number for 2009 is $4 million, and Branch's cap number is $7.3 million.

Reaction score
QB Matt Hasselbeck ($5.25 million in base salary in '09) Don't believe rumors he'll be cut

T Walter Jones ($6.2 million in base salary in '09) He's 34 years old, but still productive

WR Deion Branch ($4.94 million in base salary in '09) Hasn't lived up to contract thus far

DE Patrick Kerney ($4 million in base salary in '09) Injuries slowed him in 2008, but he'll be back next year

LB Julian Peterson ($6.5 million in base salary in '09) Seems to have lost a step, and his salary will jump $3 million

S

Seattlehawk94

Chris Landry of FoxsportsRadio reporting that TJ is close to signing with Minnehaha...

Way to let another one go fucking Little Ruskell...

You know, when Whitless, Mueller, and Holmy ran F/A they got guys like Chad Brown to come here and guess what? THEY NEVER LEFT, they dazzled them and got them to sign RIGHT AWAY without going to other teams to check them out...And that was with a potential move to LA and 2 years of playing at Fuskie Stadium in the future..This douche has the Renton PALACE to show off and he's letting people check out other teams?

FUCK....THIS....SHIT....

OP
szat

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Houshmandzadeh is a smart for checking out other options before making a decision.
Do you buy the FIRST CAR at the FIRST LOT you visit?
Not unless its a killer deal.

Im sure Russkell/Reinfelt only offered what they were willing to pay for him.
And if he wants 10 M/yr let him elsewhwere; hes not worth it.

Reaction score
I do agree about Ruskell not letting people go. However if TJ wants 10 mill/yr and Seattle feels he is only worth 8 it's hard to keep him in the building. With the cap space that might have hurt us in not letting him stay in Seattle, but that is out of our control. I do want TJ badly, but if he doesn't come to Seattle it won't hurt my expectations on the year.

OP
szat

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I heard reports the vikings sent a personal jet to seattle Sat night, effectively taking him out of seattle.
Seems like they were pressuring him too hard. Sounded like he had to sneak out of minn on a late commercial flight Sun eve. He is now in his Cal. home.

Ive read everything I can find as I follow this, and I have a feeling that we are still are a front runner.

Wouldnt it be awesome to be T.J. for a day, haveing the red carpet treatment, plush limos and lear jets waiting on you, the finest meals and accomidations. I hope he's at least enjoying this. I would.

I hope we get him for 8.5 M

Top Bottom