• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Sources: Schneider new GM

Reaction score
Former Green Bay Packers Director of Football Operations John Schneider has been hired to replace Tim Ruskell as General Manager of the Seahawks this morning according to ESPN. [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4838384"]Seattle Seahawks hire John Schneider as GM - ESPN[/ame] to the ESPN article. I like the hiring he's a young 38-years old and has been active in the NFL for quite sometime. Including 2000 when he worked for the Seahawks in the front office. More to come as the day progresses.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Wag-
Not at all. The one thing that intrigued me the most of him when I researched the 10 candidates back in December was his organization and emphasis on scouting. He didn't just scout, but he prepared a list of several things among them:
-Free Agency
-Draft
-Salary Cap concerns
-Injuries to their roster and all the other teams and how that might effect that teams drafting or signing in FA.
-Exploring of the Trade Market.
The fact he learned from Ron Wolf also is something all in itself. I remember liking him when I looked over the list- I just thought DeCosta and Heckert might be better. Reese other than his experience I would much rather have Schneider than Reese.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Here was the background I provided back in December on Schneider:
John Schneider- In his eight-years with the Packers he has worked closely with current GM Ted Thompson. Before being named Director of Football Operations he was a personnel analyst to the GM for six-years.
Schneider’s main job in 2002 until 2-08 was addressing and evaluating the needs of the team through the draft and free agency. He has processed a system for the Packers that evaluates their needs on their roster as well as the other teams in the NFL, while taking in effect injuries, salary cap issues and the possibilities of trades.
He spent three-years with the Kansas City Chiefs and has worked with the Seahawks in 2000. In 2001 he was the Redskins Vice President of Player Personnel.

Reaction score
The Packers have drafted well the past few years... well, ever since Rodgers, especially on the defensive side of the ball. I hope this guy works out well for us!

Reaction score
Cool
thanks
Was worried they just brought in a yes man for the coach

Hawk096 said:
Here was the background I provided back in December on Schneider:
John Schneider- In his eight-years with the Packers he has worked closely with current GM Ted Thompson. Before being named Director of Football Operations he was a personnel analyst to the GM for six-years.
Schneider’s main job in 2002 until 2-08 was addressing and evaluating the needs of the team through the draft and free agency. He has processed a system for the Packers that evaluates their needs on their roster as well as the other teams in the NFL, while taking in effect injuries, salary cap issues and the possibilities of trades.
He spent three-years with the Kansas City Chiefs and has worked with the Seahawks in 2000. In 2001 he was the Redskins Vice President of Player Personnel.

TopGear

Huddler
Reaction score
Was he the Blonde on Dukes of Hazzard ? If he can drive the General Lee he can drive the seahawks

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
What makes you think that he isnt a yes man? :?:

My concern is that he has never been the trigger man.
That he will let Todd and or Carroll walk all over him.
Todd making player personell decisions best left to football ppl and experts,
and Carroll making decisions based on youth and familarity to players (USC)
Just playing alittle devils avocate yet those are valid concerns I think.

Seems like a hard worker though.
He says "ya know" too much, nerves im sure.

Reaction score
As long as he doesn't let one of the best players leave because he doesn't understand what a transition tag is and the consequences of doing it, he'll be fine. :D

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Seems like ppl are pretty high on him so Im in.
According to the interviews I heard, he would be scouting and doing player evaluation, but PC would be the final say in player selection.

March 5th, FA begins, heads are gonna roll...

Reaction score
This is exactly what I wanted...

CLEAN HOUSE!!

These guys are going to turn the Seahawks into a completely different team... not saying they will be a winning team right away, but a different team.

Had Mora and gang stuck around it would have been the same old shit next season. "uhh I don't know why we cant win games?.... uhhh I try my best to be a good head coach?" - insert that signature "deer in the head lights" look that we've come to know and love on game day.

Top Bottom