• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

So.... There was a game

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Flynn didn't have most of our receiving threats. Rice, Owens, Baldwin, Lockette, and Winslow all sat this one out. I think he pplayed pretty well, minus the pick of course which was pretty ugly.

Dane

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I think Brandon Browner is ready. Gotta hand it to a guy that can pick the ball off under those circumstances and run it back for a pick 6, preseason or not.

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I think Brandon Browner is ready. Gotta hand it to a guy that can pick the ball off under those circumstances and run it back for a pick 6, preseason or not.
Pretty much the same thing he did in the Giants game. Sherman looked solid as well. He came down with a nice pick where his size was a clear advantage. Did we get a single sack in the game? I stopped watchind end of the 3rd.

Braylon, if healthy is probably the second best receiver on this team. Flynn was the check down king. He looked a bit nervous. He needs to settle down. Wilson looked like the best QB on the team talent wise. He was playing against back ups though. Turbin looked good as did Washington while running behind our starting line. Irvin was getting man handled by 3rd string RTs. He looks like more like a SS than a DE/LB. Miller looked good until he got another concussion. McCoy still has bricks for hands. They need to cut his ass. Butler made a nice grab and took a good hit and got right up. tough little dude.

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
I thought Flynn and Wilson both looked better then TJax did last year. I noticed the tempo of the game is much faster with Flynn then with Tjax. Flynn mkes his reads quickly and gets the ball off allot faster. Something TJax couldn't seem to do last year. Wilson was very impressive for a rookie and his 1st game. I think he is going to be a good one. Defensive starters were very impressive also. I like what I am seeing so far.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Jackson was being swarmed constantly during the preseason last year, especially in the first game. The O-line had like a week to prepare for that game.

Reaction score
I think Flynn was 8 for 8 at one point. He's very effecient with the football. He'll settle down, develop more rapport with starting WRs and I think we'll see more bombs down field. I'm pretty excited for this season. I hope Kolb is the starter week 1. We will crush AZ if that's the case!

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Pretty much the same thing he did in the Giants game. Sherman looked solid as well. He came down with a nice pick where his size was a clear advantage. Did we get a single sack in the game? I stopped watchind end of the 3rd.

Braylon, if healthy is probably the second best receiver on this team. Flynn was the check down king. He looked a bit nervous. He needs to settle down. Wilson looked like the best QB on the team talent wise. He was playing against back ups though. Turbin looked good as did Washington while running behind our starting line. Irvin was getting man handled by 3rd string RTs. He looks like more like a SS than a DE/LB. Miller looked good until he got another concussion. McCoy still has bricks for hands. They need to cut his ass. Butler made a nice grab and took a good hit and got right up. tough little dude.

Irvin didn't play very much, and most of the time he did play was early on. He did make a nice play to make a tackle in the back field. McCoy can block, Morrah and Winslow can't so that's why he's still around.

Reaction score
Watched Irvin in the 3rd get owned by a back up tackle. I paid specific attention to him on an entire drive. I was not impressed

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I. I hope Kolb is the starter week 1. We will crush AZ if that's the case!

I'd bet money that Skelton is Az starter, Kolb was injured and looked like shit anyways.

I keep hearing that Russell looked good, but against back ups, but did you see the presssure those BU's were getting on him? Which reminds me, our BU linemen looked pretty bad, and had a some penalties. Not sure about Turbin either, he runs well when blocked for, he's quick but seems to go down at first contact. Neon Leon looked good.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Wagner looked pretty good.

I look forward to seeing what Wilson can do with the starters. While I think he is a hell of a QB I'm not sure how long the rolling out will work. It won't take teams long to attack the corners. Nice to see his running ability but what if he takes a hit? That INT was BAD. He won't be able to convert many quick outs if he is rolling all the time. But hell I want more deep threats anyway.

The check down shit gets kinda old but if it works...

I still believe it was a South African Cliff Swallow.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I'd bet money that Skelton is Az starter, Kolb was injured and looked like shit anyways.

I keep hearing that Russell looked good, but against back ups, but did you see the presssure those BU's were getting on him? Which reminds me, our BU linemen looked pretty bad, and had a some penalties. Not sure about Turbin either, he runs well when blocked for, he's quick but seems to go down at first contact. Neon Leon looked good.

I noticed that about Turbin too. Hopefully just the Rookie Jitters. He does have some good speed after hitting the hole. I was expecting him to run a couple people over.

Firckin Leon is hard to figure out, seems to do really good in the preseason then sucks in the regular.

Reaction score
Turbin slipped a couple times trying to making cuts. A couple other times its almost liked be was stretching out for an extra yard I.stead of lowering his pads and pumping his legs. I'd love to see him throw a nasty stiff arm with those guns of his!

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
The starting line was opening up huge holes for Leon. Turbin didn't really start getting carries until that starting line was done for the day.

Reaction score
Turbin got quiet a few on that long drive. He had one nice burst up the middle for 9 yards. I think the starting line was still in on that drive. Leon only got a handful of carries and I think the rest of the time it was Turbin.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
The starting line only played one series I believe... At least that's what Cable said was going to happen last week.

Reaction score
Yeah and that was the long ass drive. Leon had like 3 or 4 carries I think.and Turbin had the rest.

Reaction score
Watching it again right now. Starting line is playing in the second drive... The one where Flynn threw the pick and I paid particular attention to the interception. Turbin didn't sell the fake at all. He went straight to block. Obviously Matt threw the pick but Turbin needs to help his QB out.

Reaction score
Ok now the back ups are in on the 3rd offensive and Turbin has NO holes to run through. It's night and day compared to the first two drives.

Top Bottom