• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

So I have to ask everyone...

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
What do you think our starting lineup will be? So far i'm thinking:

Offense:
QB: Hasselbeck
RB: White (Maybe exclusive because of the weight loss?)
LT: Okung
LG: Hamilton
C: Unger
RG: Willis
RT: Locklear
WR: Housh, Tate, R. Williams, and M. Williams or Deon Butler
TE: Carlson

Defense:
DT: Mebane, Cole
DE: Clemons, Jackson or Red Bryant
LB: Tatupu, Curry, Hill or Hawthorne
CB: Trufant, Wilson, Jennings (Yuck), Thurmond (If Healthy) or Marcus Brown
FS: Thomas
SS: Chancellor

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I think Babineaux will win over Chancellor. And I think Branch will win out over one of the Williams. Other than that, it looks solid.

Reaction score
no way Tate or Butler win those jobs
it may be given to them but not won
wow are we thin at DT and DE

fixed it for you:
CB: Trufant(Yuck), Wilson(Yuck), Jennings (Yuck), Thurmond (If Healthy) or Marcus Brown

Reaction score
Offense:
RB: White
C: Spencer
RG: Unger
WR: Houshmandzadeh, Branch, Tate, Mike Williams, Butler (Housh is obviously #1, but I'm not sure about the order of the other 4 WRs.)

Defense:
DE: Clemons, Jackson
OLB: Curry, Hill
MLB: Tatupu
CB: Trufant, Wilson, Thurmond, Jennings
SS: Milloy

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Phaze, I concur with your line-up.
I know this is the starting line-up, but is far as rotation/packages I also see:

Rotation in backfield with Leon and Justin coming in as change of pace and scat backs.

Babs/Thurman being used in nickel packages.

Chancellor being used against the run at SS.

I see Reed/Foley coming in on blitz packages.

WR and TE competion will be pretty interesting to watch.

Whitehurst is the wild card too, if Matt doesnt do well in TC, or gets injured, or plays like crap, Charlie will get his shot.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
Offense:
RB: leon washington
FB: schmitt
WR: Houshmandzadeh, butler, tate,reggie williams, branch

Defense:
SS: babs

Leon washington only if healthy otherwise white

Reaction score
Offense:
RB: White/Forsett
FB: Schmitt
WR: Houshmandzadeh, Branch, Tate, M.Williams, Butler

Defense:
DE: Wilson, Jackson
SS: Babineaux

Special Teams:
K: Mare
P: Ryan
KR: Washington
PR: Tate
ST Captain: Morey

OP
12thManFan

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;48182 said:
Offense:
RB: White
WR: Houshmandzadeh, Branch, Tate, Mike Williams, Butler (Housh is obviously #1, but I'm not sure about the order of the other 4 WRs.)

Defense:
SS: Milloy

Milloy starting? Impossible. He's a reserve, and WAY too old to start. Also with my lineup (posted earlier), I could see Nick Reed possibly competing for a starting job. I think Chancellor starts only because he has more playmaking ability than Babs. He hits harder, in my opinion, get's more picks, and if you compare him to Taylor Mays, the only big difference is 40 times. I like his upside. But Babs most likely will start. Corner is a huge issue still but look for Marcus Brown, Thurmond, and any undrafted CB to compete. It's WIDE open. I think R. Williams starts because he is our only REAL deep threat that I know of although I don't know much about M. Williams. Deon Butler over Branch is a no-brainer in my opinion necause well let's face it, Branch had his like 3rd knee surgery this off-season. He's done. Also, Tate replaces Burleson so he definately get's a job.

Reaction score
From what i hear Mike Williams has been really impressive during the last two mini camps. and Golden Tate has really shown up and is apparently very impressive as well.

RB: White/Forsett
WR: Housh, Mike Williams, Tate... then idk

Defense:
DE: Jackson number one. and the rest is really up in the air.
SS: Babs/Chancellor either or.

Halkmaster

Huddler
Reaction score
Leon Washington wins job at RB. He is a perfect fit for Gibbs style running game. Lendell White won't make team because of attitude and lazyness.

Vickerson wins job at nose and gives LB's big body they have been missing.

Clemmons wins Leo job because he is only natural pass rusher on roster.

Red moves to 5 tec and utilizes length and strength to long arm tackles and hold up vs double team against power running teams (49ers).

Hawthorne wins Will LB because he is better then Hill and Hill will probably be cut.

Milloy will start at Strong Safety. Carroll likes a lot of 8 man box defense and he is still very good at that. Plus he brings the attitude Carroll wants the entire team to adopt.

Walter Thurmond starts opposite Trufant. He is close to being healthy and there is no one close to his talent on the roster.

Thomas starts at Free Safety. We will have to live with his growing pains. Anticipate as many bad plays as good.

OP
12thManFan

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Halkmaster;48226 said:
Leon Washington wins job at RB. He is a perfect fit for Gibbs style running game. Lendell White won't make team because of attitude and lazyness.

Red moves to 5 tec and utilizes length and strength to long arm tackles and hold up vs double team against power running teams (49ers).

Hawthorne wins Will LB because he is better then Hill and Hill will probably be cut.

Milloy will start at Strong Safety. Carroll likes a lot of 8 man box defense and he is still very good at that. Plus he brings the attitude Carroll wants the entire team to adopt.

Walter Thurmond starts opposite Trufant. He is close to being healthy and there is no one close to his talent on the roster.

Thomas starts at Free Safety. We will have to live with his growing pains. Anticipate as many bad plays as good.

Honestly, I feel as if you have no clue what you're talking about. Leon Washington BROKE his leg! He probably won't even be fully recovered and if he is, he's nothing more than an out of the backfield and return man kind of guy. White starts for sure, at least sharing handoffs. I believe Forsett and White share at the beginning. Milloy IS WAY TOO OLD to start. What do you people not get about that? Kam Chancellor is better than him and plays like Milloy. As for Hawthorne, I would love it but I don't know if he starts yet although I hope so.

Reaction score
Everyone will have the opportunity to prove they can start, but I don't think it would be smart to have two rookies starting at safety. After looking at Babineaux's stats for last season (75 solo tackles, 29 assists) he has a good chance to start at SS.

"...Milloy IS WAY TOO OLD to start."
Brian Dawkins is 36 and so is Lawyer Milloy. Milloy isn't as good as Dawkins, but having an experienced safety starting next to Thomas wouldn't be bad at all.

Reaction score
Milloy's age isn't a huge factor at the strong safety position. Really the only thing age would play a factor in would be speed and at the strong side he'd be lined up over tight ends and I am pretty certain he can keep up with all tight ends in the NFL.

He is also a very hard hitter, and I think would be very productive at the strong side against the run. He is also slightly bigger than Babs.

I like Babs, as you pointed out, he made a 104 combined total tackles last year, but I think he's a little under sized to play the strong side safety.

Now, who knows what will happen from now till the first game? A lot can happen between now and then. Babs could easily keeps the starting SS job, Milloy could start and possibly transition to Kam... idk.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Halkmaster;48226 said:

Ya man I dont think you are too accurate...at all. Leon Washington is a change of pace back, type of player that is explosive, but is very small and will probably get 10 carries out of the backfield at most. They will get him the ball in the return game and on short dump passes or screens. Lendale came into camp weighing 220 which means he is in tip top shape for his body style. He will be our feature back, and definitely wont be cut that is just absurd. Thurmond may not even be ready seeing that he is coming off of knee surgery, so Josh Wilson will start the season opposite of Trufant, but i do see thurmond taking that position over a period of time. Vickerson wont play nose tackle, because we run a 4-3, not a 3-4 therefor we will not have a nose tackle. And Hill will definitely not be cut, he is a talented player and ya has had some off the field issues. But if they do happen to part ways with him they will get a draft pick or two for him in a trade.

Reaction score
#ONE;48232 said:
Milloy's age isn't a huge factor at the strong safety position. Really the only thing age would play a factor in would be speed and at the strong side he'd be lined up over tight ends and I am pretty certain he can keep up with all tight ends in the NFL.

He is also a very hard hitter, and I think would be very productive at the strong side against the run. He is also slightly bigger than Babs.

I like Babs, as you pointed out, he made a 104 combined total tackles last year, but I think he's a little under sized to play the strong side safety.

Now, who knows what will happen from now till the first game? A lot can happen between now and then. Babs could easily keeps the starting SS job, Milloy could start and possibly transition to Kam... idk.
Agreed. It's too early to say who will have the starting job at SS, but it will be either Chancellor, Babineaux or Milloy.

Hobbes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
12thManFan;48176 said:
What do you think our starting lineup will be? So far i'm thinking:

Offense:
RB: White (Maybe exclusive because of the weight loss?)
WR: Housh, Tate, R. Williams, and M. Williams or Deon Butler

Defense:
DE: Clemons, Jackson or Red Bryant
LB: Tatupu, Curry, Hill or Hawthorne
CB: Trufant, Wilson, Jennings (Yuck), Thurmond (If Healthy) or Marcus Brown
SS: Chancellor

Pete is talking up Branch so don't expect him to be cut

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
QB: Hasselbeck, Whitehirst
HB: White/Forsett
WR: Housh, Mike Williams, Tate, Jameson Konz, Butler, Obamanu (any of these are good)
TE: Carlson/New guys (remember were going to start doing a lot of two tight end sets)

Defense:
DE(1) Bryant, Jackson,
DE(2) Reed, Clemons
OLB: Curry, Herring, Lewis, Hill (most likely cut or out half the season)
MLB: Tatupu/ Hawthorne
FS: Thomas, Chancellor, Milloy
SS: Babs, Chancellor, Milloy

Halkmaster

Huddler
Reaction score
Lendale will not start. He is light because of certain bad habits, not because he is in shape. The team obvioussly isn't sold on Juluis so Leon becomes starting back. Although he is undersized he plays with great strength and has the vision to utilize the cut back lanes the Alex Gibbs lines create. Also, a broken leg will heal. The chance for anything less than 100 percent recovery is way smaller than a ligament injury.
Housh will be cut. In a year without a salary cap it would be great to break ties with a reciever that can't seperate and has that much attitude.
Every young team needs a wise vet to show everyone the ropes. On the defensive side of the ball that man is Milloy. After a year he can step away and let the young guys run the show. For now he brings leadership, toughness, and don't forget he is one of Pete Carrolls favorite.

Reaction score
Halkmaster;48240 said:
Lendale will not start. He is light because of certain bad habits, not because he is in shape. The team obvioussly isn't sold on Juluis so Leon becomes starting back. Although he is undersized he plays with great strength and has the vision to utilize the cut back lanes the Alex Gibbs lines create. Also, a broken leg will heal. The chance for anything less than 100 percent recovery is way smaller than a ligament injury.
Housh will be cut. In a year without a salary cap it would be great to break ties with a reciever that can't seperate and has that much attitude.
Every young team needs a wise vet to show everyone the ropes. On the defensive side of the ball that man is Milloy. After a year he can step away and let the young guys run the show. For now he brings leadership, toughness, and don't forget he is one of Pete Carrolls favorite.
:rotfl:

HawksFan1987;48238 said:
QB: Hasselbeck, Whitehirst
HB: White/Forsett
WR: Housh, Mike Williams, Tate, Jameson Konz, Butler, Obamanu (any of these are good)
TE: Carlson/New guys (remember were going to start doing a lot of two tight end sets)

Defense:
DE(1) Bryant, Jackson,
DE(2) Reed, Clemons
OLB: Curry, Herring, Lewis, Hill (most likely cut or out half the season)
MLB: Tatupu/ Hawthorne
FS: Thomas, Chancellor, Milloy
SS: Babs, Chancellor, Milloy
I don't believe D.D. Lewis is on the Seahawks anymore and Bryant will be used against the run, not as a starting DE. ;)

Reaction score
Halkmaster;48240 said:

Dude not to be rude but... you need to lay off what ever you are smoking...

White is in shape not light.... he plays hard and is the power back that PC has said he needed from day one and he is Pete's boy. I give him a 99.9% chance of either starting or splitting carries with Forsett.

Leon is not even a hundred percent sure he will be healthy by training camp... and he has not played for almost a year now... you dont just come back from an injury and blow it up right away he has to get his body used to playing again... so next year he is probably going to be a return guy or a scat back at best.

As for Milloy he didnt even practiced at SS during minicamp.. he is a back up FS and a teacher for Thomas. But i honestly really like the guy so i see why you want him to start.

Top Bottom