• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

smiley trade compensation

Reaction score
lol just read Miami wants a 3rd rounder.......... uh no. If we take on a risk and a contract it would have to be a 5th or later

OP
E

enduro

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46603 said:
lol just read Miami wants a 3rd rounder.......... uh no. If we take on a risk and a contract it would have to be a 5th or later

ok I could live with a 4th. he is a very good guard when healthy. He's good for at least 8 games a year.

miamiron

Huddler
Reaction score
enduro;46604 said:
ok I could live with a 4th. he is a very good guard when healthy. He's good for at least 8 games a year.

Greetings from sunny Miami,
Your team needs offensive line help and with Smiley you will get just that.

Smiley has missed 13 games in 6 nfl seasons
which if you compare to some of your players on the offensive line is an improvement.

We want to give you Smiley and swap #1 draft picks
what else would it cost to complete this deal?

thanks,
MiamiRon

Reaction score
I don't see this deal being made for a 3rd-round pick. We just traded to San Diego our third-rounder in 2011 and with his age he's not worth a 3rd-round pick. I could see a 4th-round pick and possibly a compensation pick in 2011, but I don't think Seattle is trying to get older. Yes he would be an improvement over some of our guys, but his age won't help us at all. Given the trades we've been making it seems we want to get younger. I haven't heard anything about a trade between the two being finalized. I do know we lost DE Cory Redding to Baltimore today.

Reaction score
miamiron;46606 said:

which if you compare to some of your players on the offensive line is an improvement.

thanks,
MiamiRon

:suicide_fool-edit:

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
miamiron;46606 said:

thanks,
MiamiRon
Do you mean you want to swap your 12 for our 14? Because if you mean your 12 for our 6 then there is no way this deal will ever take place. But if you wanted to swap your 12 for our 14 then i say we give you one of our 4th rd picks. The guy is a risk because he is injury prone. Ya when healthy he is very good, but like hawk96 said we are trying to get young and healthy. I dont see you getting much for him...4th rd pick at most.

Reaction score
I'd give them a 4th round pick. If they decline, I'd throw in the other 4th round pick the Hawks have.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;46611 said:
I'd give them a 4th round pick. If they decline, I'd throw in the other 4th round pick the Hawks have.
you would give them 2 4th rd picks for a guy that is injury prone?

Reaction score
dmarkholt12;46612 said:
you would give them 2 4th rd picks for a guy that is injury prone?
I'd give both 4th round picks if I knew Sims/Spencer weren't coming back. But, if I knew they both were coming back I'd only offer them one 4th round pick.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;46613 said:
I'd give both 4th round picks if I knew Sims/Spencer weren't coming back. But, if I knew they both were coming back I'd only offer them one 4th round pick.
i hear ya i just dont think giving away 2 4th rd picks is a good idea for a guy that has a past of injuries. i realize that they are 4th rd picks, but in this years draft those are good picks. this is a very deep draft class. not to mention that would give the hawks 0 picks in the 3rd and 4th rounds...a lot to give up for a guy that could very well only play half the year or not even.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I say give them our 2nd round (60 now) for in trade for spencer/sims for their tenders. :emoticon-0129-call:

Reaction score
Justin Smiley played @ Alabama... he was great @ SF, didn't hear much about him in Miami... I'd personally like to have him for depth. 5th rounder in return.

Top Bottom