• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Shaun Rogers now a FA.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Any possibilty of him being healthy next season and would he be worth it to put next to Mebane (assuming we re-sign him)? Thoughts?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
12thManFan;54980 said:
Any possibilty of him being healthy next season and would he be worth it to put next to Mebane (assuming we re-sign him)? Thoughts?

No, old, damaged goods, with issues.
We BETTER re-sign Mebane, would be very stupid not to.
We could use some talent at DT position, but I still like the Cole/Mebane up front Bryant as our big end.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
I know this is a little off topic but it is about another DT. I just read that the Redskins may be willing to take as low as a 7th round pick for Albert Haynesworth. Obviously they will get more than that, but it is not crazy to think a team could give up a 5th for him right now. The Skins have already paid off a huge lump of his salary so it is a very manageable salary. What would you guys think about trading a 4th or a 5th for him?

Reaction score
That's a steal for a player of his talent, but he can be a huge headache. We have a young team, we want guys that play the game the right way. Not guys that take plays off and stomp on opposing players heads.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Ya I agree, but it is also nice to have a player with that kind of mean streak on your line. Most of the headache this year was about him not wanting to play NT in a 3-4, he wouldn't have to worry about that here. Pete is a players coach, I think if anyone could make it work it's him.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;54988 said:
I don't like Cole as a starter. Ssituationally he'd be ok.

True, Id use him (Cole) on running downs, flip him with pass rusher, they do that now with Craig Terrill, but I think we need upgrade.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
dmarkholt12;54995 said:
Ya I agree, but it is also nice to have a player with that kind of mean streak on your line. Most of the headache this year was about him not wanting to play NT in a 3-4, he wouldn't have to worry about that here. Pete is a players coach, I think if anyone could make it work it's him.

Dont know what the $$ contract is for him but if you can get him for a good price... idk that it would be worth the hassell because he is a tremendous PITA!

Though Coach ComPETE! and Shannahan are polar opposites in coaching style, it might work, but even the players bitched about him.

Reaction score
I'd love to add a starting DT and a starting DE. Rotate Cole in in rushing situations and do the same with Clemons, but in passing situations. But right now resolving problem areas (O-line and secondary) are a little more important than adding depth.

S

Seattlehawk94

Sign Rogers ONLY if the deal is right...

Hainsworthless...No thanks...Guy is a cancer and we got rid of most of those last offseason...

Top Bottom