• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Shake up in the draft?!!!!!!!!

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
clinton;46563 said:
I know it's generally best logic to pick the best available player, but in this case and in my opinion I feel we may have to draft a Left Tackle a few spots ahead of his value, but we are in desperate need of a left tackle and our line is the second reason to a poor running back corps or tied really to why we have so many 3 and outs.We need a solid foundation!!! We need to focus on controlling and dictating the pace on offense and if there are no holes or Hasslebeck gets sacked,pressured or worn down then we have no chance.I also want people to remember one of our biggest mistakes in the last 10 years was to allow hutchinson to go to Minnesota and low and behold guess what there running game looks like and see how far they went.I also want to remember where we went when we had a solid O Line... We have a solid receiving core and Hasslebeck if properly protected and given ample time can have time to figure out which routes which recievers have higher productivity running and where to throw the ball to with each reciever.I also know every athlete needs confidence and if they don't have confidence they will be less productive.Our car is need of an engine rehaul so when were at the autoshop we don't buy new tires because they are the best available deal we suck it up and get the best mechanic avilable :Carrol: we get the best engine : O linemen: or we walk and have a broke down car with really nice tires!! I would entertain a pick and trade with another team as long as we can be savvy enough to get maybe a 4th round pick for a 6th round pick for assuring the other team of there prized player and only go as high as the 10th pick so 4 teams following us may be interested.I also know that we generally can turn alot of our later picks into some pretty solid players...

I agree with what youre saying 100% about our oline. No one has forgotten about the hutchinson debacle i can promise you that. However, the great thing about having 2 first round picks in the top 15 is we SHOULD be able to get a great OL with either pick. My problem is unless okung drops to us at 6, I dont see an OL worth taking when we will be able to get a great one with the 14th pick...maybe even the same one they could get with their 6th pick. Especially if that means passing on a guy like eric berry or gerald mccoy who can both have a huge impact on defense. those type of players only come around so often and those are guys that can be athe face of a defense for years to come. Oline is undoubtedly our 1st priority right now, but unless okung drops to 6, i just dont like taking any other OL with the 6th pick when we have the 14th pick as well and missing out on a chance at a player like berry or mccoy

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
dmarkholt12;46526 said:
i was just about to say that. if okung drops to us somehow, he is our definite pick. if he doesnt...you have to go best player available which will either be berry or mccoy depending on what happens ahead of us. then we can get the best tackle available with our 14th pick. this class is full of good rb's and we could get one in the second or even 4th rd this year if we have to.

This is sound thinking right here, great post. :emoticon-0137-clapp

Reaction score
I agree dmarkholt, don't take someone with the 6th that will be there at the 14th. Either take the best available player or trade down.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm really hoping we could trade down into the late first with our 14th pick; there will still be good OL left and we can get at least one more draft pick to help out.

Reaction score
Yeah, it be cool to be able to trade down and have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds.... I was thinking maybe another pick in the area of our 14th pick so we have an earlier pick in the 2nd round and still have a chance at Jahvid Best if we wanted to go that route. It would be nice to pick up a 3rd round pick as well seeing as we don't have one.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger;46580 said:
Yeah, it be cool to be able to trade down and have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds.... I was thinking maybe another pick in the area of our 14th pick so we have an earlier pick in the 2nd round and still have a chance at Jahvid Best if we wanted to go that route. It would be nice to pick up a 3rd round pick as well seeing as we don't have one.
I wonder if a team would give up their 3rd for our two 4th round picks.

Reaction score
sigpro;46592 said:
I'm not sure why we would want to do that.
If there's someone they like that they feel won't be there in the 4th, but will be there in the 3rd, why not trade up and take him?

Right now the only reason to do it is if they plan on trading for someone or signing someone who has a 3rd round tender.

knownone

Huddler
Reaction score
Is Iupati really good enough to play LT? I keep hearing his name regarding our 14th pick but everything i've read says he will likely be a guard.
Which is ironically one of the places we have the most depth no doubt he would be an upgrade over our current guards but is that really a major need.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
knownone;46596 said:
Is Iupati really good enough to play LT? I keep hearing his name regarding our 14th pick but everything i've read says he will likely be a guard.
Which is ironically one of the places we have the most depth no doubt he would be an upgrade over our current guards but is that really a major need.
He is a GREAT guard and plays with incredible meanness. He certainly has the ability to play LT but he is raw. It would most likely take a few years of developing to play LT for him but i think he could do it. That is just my opinion though. The only way I would want them to take hiim at 14 is if we drafted a LT at 6.

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
I am the crazy one that says take Okung at 6 if he is there and take the BIG guard at 14....

FYI 32:29 is how much time our D was on the field / game.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46621 said:
I am the crazy one that says take Okung at 6 if he is there and take the BIG guard at 14....

FYI 32:29 is how much time our D was on the field / game.
Seemed a lot worse than 32 minutes a game.

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
yeah it did. I think everyone thinks that because when they were on the field they never got off. There were a lot of 10+ play 6+ min drives and many of those were in the first quarter (not the O's fault). I think we led the NFL in giving up longs scoring opening drives making our offense press and throw more to start games to get caught up.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Other reason it evened up is because of a point I made earlier in the season.

That once a team gets 3 tds up on us, they let up and we got a lot of garbage Offense time in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

OL/OG in first would fantastic!

Id like to see

1st/6 OT Okung 2nd/14 OL or S
2nd/60 DE or RB 3rd/ RB or DE

Top Bottom