• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seattle Superbowl

Idahawk

Reaction score
Having just attended the Superbowl parade and seeing those epic crowds I think Seattle needs to make a major push for a Superbowl and strike NOW while the iron is hot and Seattle's in the news .

Seattle proved despite bitter cold ( a rarity ) and double or triple the expected crowds that the city could take on an event of that magnitude , were there issues yes , but nobody expected those numbers of people and this was a great test run for the city. People behaved for the most part and I think the Northwest would turn out in numbers regardless of the teams involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
With all the angst about the weather leading up to this latest super bowl even rain won't be tolerated. Especially cold rain. Its going to the domed stadiums.

Reaction score
Having just attended the Superbowl parade and seeing those epic crowds I think Seattle needs to make a major push for a Superbowl and strike NOW while the iron is hot and Seattle's in the news .

Seattle proved despite bitter cold ( a rarity ) and double or triple the expected crowds that the city could take on an event of that magnitude , were there issues yes , but nobody expected those numbers of people and this was a great test run for the city. People behaved for the most part and I think the Northwest would turn out in numbers regardless of the teams involved

Peter McLoughlin and the Seahawks organization are going through the process and filling an application to host a Super Bowl in 2019.

So the ball is already rolling.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
With all the angst about the weather leading up to this latest super bowl even rain won't be tolerated. Especially cold rain. Its going to the domed stadiums.

It's not about weather it's about money , Seattle just proved that it can put on a party like nobody , I doubt you'd have close to a million people storming the downtown area for the Superbowl like the parade but they'd show up , I have no doubt .

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
It's not about weather it's about money , Seattle just proved that it can put on a party like nobody , I doubt you'd have close to a million people storming the downtown area for the Superbowl like the parade but they'd show up , I have no doubt .

Dome or warm weather or both.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Dome or warm weather or both.

It's already a given that its going back to New York , so your stance is incorrect. They have neither a dome or warm weather . Don't be shocked if Goody takes the game abroad at some point either. Warm weather city's are the last places that need tourism dollars , spread it around who cares really ?

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
It's already a given that its going back to New York , so your stance is incorrect. They have neither a dome or warm weather . Don't be shocked if Goody takes the game abroad at some point either. Warm weather city's are the last places that need tourism dollars , spread it around who cares really ?

It won't go to a city without an NFL franchise since too much money is involved. Unless the NYC market gets a domed stadium it won't be back because they barely escaped seriously crappy weather. Hotel accommodations play a large part too.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Domed stadiums are for p#ssies. Roger knows that. Dome's just scream "we can't handle weather".
Look at Green Bay, they always sell out. Teams like the Lambs can't even sell out a 70 degree venue, why showcase that atrocity?

That's why domed teams are usually doomed outdoors.

Roger knows what's up.

Reaction score
Domed stadiums are for p#ssies. Roger knows that. Dome's just scream "we can't handle weather".
Look at Green Bay, they always sell out. Teams like the Lambs can't even sell out a 70 degree venue, why showcase that atrocity?

Roger knows what's up.

Well pretty soon the Rams will be playing in an open roof stadium in LA!

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Well pretty soon the Rams will be playing in an open roof stadium in LA!

Oh snap, that's right! But it will be a multi-use stadium like they have in Seattle for soccer and football. Nothing like setting the trend. ;)

Maybe they'll be able to sellout their home games then?

That means the Lambs will be equal to the Raiders in their City relocation efforts. Great going Lambies!

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score

Roger knows what's up.

Says you who lives in the ridiculously MILD PNW?:poop: Yeah you're the real Braveheart.:rolleyes: There's nothing else to do in GB, team is publicly owned too.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Mild? Its snowing today and last night.

Sent from a cell at the CLink...

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Terrible. I had ice on my windshield.

Sent from a cell at the CLink...

Reaction score
No doubt its BRUTAL.:rolleyes:
Dude seriously. 10 inches around Portland/Vancouver yesterday and another 6-8 today/tonight. And people out here don't know how to drive in 2 inches of snow so it's worse than 2 feet of snow in Philly. Multiple fatalities yesterday on I5 because semis were slamming into cars and there was a 20plus car pile up in one instance. Thank God for the light rail. That's how I roll

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Dude seriously. 10 inches around Portland/Vancouver yesterday and another 6-8 today/tonight. And people out here don't know how to drive in 2 inches of snow so it's worse than 2 feet of snow in Philly. Multiple fatalities yesterday on I5 because semis were slamming into cars and there was a 20plus car pile up in one instance. Thank God for the light rail. That's how I roll

Get out there and shovel snow.

Top Bottom