• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks = Walmart of the NFL

Idahawk

Reaction score
For a team as shitty as we were last year , we are just standing by and making no moves in FA.... Yes we will grab some bargin basement guys, but no impact players...I just cant see not making any attempts to do something about the pass defense...`it looks like we are standing pat with what we have and gambling that it was all just a fluke last season...I'm pissed that we haven't done not shit..but shop like were at walmart..looking for close out merch :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

We are not looking to win next season....were laying down like women and taking another ass kicking next year !!!

Reaction score
I agree man. Cole? This guy doesn't seem like anything more than a guy who can add depth at Defensive Tackle.

If the rumor is true that we will trade for Braylon Edwards or we end up landing T.J., then they aren't "bargain shoppers". But, I highly doubt they will get either of them.

Who is there that is really left that we need? We need a CB, the two top guys are gone. We need a DT, Haynesworth/Bernard/Canty are gone. We need Offensive Line, most of the big guys are gone and the rest will go to other teams. We need another RB and Morris is gone and the rest are either too expensive or not very good.

I expect a 6-10 season with the moves they are making right now. You can't expect Hasselbeck to throw to Branch/Burleson and a bunch of young WRs with no hands. We need to get a WR that will make an impact like Engram has for us.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Word phaze.....I'm pissed....we let talent go and don't replace it..its not like seattle is an easy place to get players to come to anyway..you have to strike quick and lock the guys in ...we will shop for whats left after everybody else has had their picks.........WALMART all the way

Reaction score
I GOT A WONDERFUL IDEA IF WE ARE GOING TO DO SO BAD LET'S JUST TOSS IN THE TOWEL ALREADY! I MEAN IT'S ONLY MARCH, BUT HMMMM LET'S JUST GIVE UP. CAUSE HELL IF THE DOLPHINS WENT FROM 1-15 TO 11-5 WHY CAN'T WE IMPROVE?! We've been intact longer then the Dolphins were. Have an experienced coach. And fans who need to stay behind them even when down times come up on the trail!

S

Seattlehawk94

Hawk096 said:
I GOT A WONDERFUL IDEA IF WE ARE GOING TO DO SO BAD LET'S JUST TOSS IN THE TOWEL ALREADY! I MEAN IT'S ONLY MARCH, BUT HMMMM LET'S JUST GIVE UP. CAUSE HELL IF THE DOLPHINS WENT FROM 1-15 TO 11-5 WHY CAN'T WE IMPROVE?! We've been intact longer then the Dolphins were. Have an experienced coach. And fans who need to stay behind them even when down times come up on the trail!

More Kool Aide? Or is it "Mor-a Kool Aid"?

We've lost Rocky, lost Holmgren, probably will pick some midget to play on defense, and basically no running game..

Yeah, we are SOOOO much like the Dolphins....

I'm pissed, there is NO FUCKING EXCUSE for Rocky to leave, Little Ruskell doesn't want him because he's a Holmgren guy and weighs more than 5lbs.

Fuck this shit....Until we play another game I'm not going to play asskisser or any of that bullshit, we are a 4-12 and will be one until (if) we win our 5th Game of 2009. With Mora-on I don't see that happening....

Stay behind them? Uh...He's POSTING ON A HAWKS SITE, he didn't quit--he's pissed...So am I! Staying behind them doesn't involve getting assraped and calling it macaroni, if we fuck up or do shit I don't like----I'll fucking call them on it...This isn't Sal's Seahawk Circle Jerk where we wack off to pics of Trent Dilfer and call ourselves "real fans"..This is the fucking HUDDLE where if the team fucks up most of us are going to be furious and cuss like sailors because we don't like what's happening...There are no appologists up in this place...That's why we like it...

This:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl,144847
is how real fans act....I pride myself on being PhillyfanWest, fuck kissing ass...I pay fucking money to watch these fucking clowns...I'm not going to kiss their ass because of it...I'm the fucking customer and I don't like the fucking product... :evil:

Reaction score
What exactly did you guys expect us to do with the little cap space we had? There was no way we were going to get one of the big name guys in free agency this year. Considering how little money we had to spend, I like the few moves we've made. There was no way we were getting Haynesworth, and Canty is no better than Cole and the Giants are paying much more for him. Also, who cares about losing Bernard. The dude couldn't consistently stop the run if his life depended on it, and we've got younger, cheaper guys to fill that role.

I like Mora, and even though we haven't overpaid for one of the big names out there, I'm not disappointed in this offseason at all.

Reaction score
I like Mora as well. He brings a guy who I think can get the team going more than Holmgren could. I think people respect Holmgren a lot more, but if Mora can be success, they will respect him as well. You can't jump on the guy before he is able to show what he is capable of.

Cole is that big guy that can line up next to Mebane and stop the run and let Mebane concentrate on getting to the QB and stopping the rune. Mebane is the future from what it looks like right now unless we draft that guy from Boston College.

We knew we needed a WR from the start and a Corner, but neither have been addressed and probably neither will be addressed.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
This is maybe the deepest draft in years for teams that need secondary. In the 2nd round we will possibly be able to pick up Sean Smith, CB,.....This guy in my opinion is the best CB in the draft and he can play safety as well.

1st round Raji..........
2nd round Smith

FA - Housh or Colston

3rd RB or Hasselbecks understudy.....

This year could be very good, with the schedule we have!!!!

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I have never been a big fan of free agency. What do you want to be? The Redskins? I have never seen a dynasty that goes crazy in free agency. Conversely, most dynasties understand who their core players are and get deals done with them before they even are faced with the choice of free agency.

Reaction score
Seahawk Freak said:
This is maybe the deepest draft in years for teams that need secondary. In the 2nd round we will possibly be able to pick up Sean Smith, CB,.....This guy in my opinion is the best CB in the draft and he can play safety as well.

1st round Raji..........
2nd round Smith

FA - Housh or Colston

If we don't rape in the draft, this good schedule will be a waste.

No East Coast trips is a dream for a team that struggles on the East Coast. This year, if we are get rid of all the problems, we might be seeing another deep playoff run or even a Super Bowl.

S

Seattlehawk94

Number 18 said:
I have never been a big fan of free agency. What do you want to be? The Redskins? I have never seen a dynasty that goes crazy in free agency. Conversely, most dynasties understand who their core players are and get deals done with them before they even are faced with the choice of free agency.

No, not the Deadskins but....Damn....You USE F/A to FILL HOLES, you don't use it as a building block..That's what the draft is for but we aren't even using to fill holes, we are CREATING HOLES.

Most dynastic teams would never let a Josh Brown, a Leroy Hill, a Steve Hutchinson even GET TO F/A, they would've inked them BEFORE their rookie contracts or current deals expired.

Little Ruskell thinks his shit don't stink and he's some sort of master of deals. The guy is a fucking joke and this year we might continue our downward slide at the expense of some GREAT VETS (see: Matthew getting blamed) because this fuckstick can't bring anyone over 3 feet tall and 12lbs.

But they are fast! Is his favorite saying...So is fucking Usane Bolt but last time I looked that fucker has as many career NFL Tackles as all of us combined....

Reaction score
Seahawk Freak said:

1st round Raji..........
2nd round Smith

FA - Housh or Colston

How do you come to the conclusion that this is a deep year for secondary? All the coaches are saying that its no wonder the receivers put up big numbers this past season, its because the CB's are ALL slow and un-athlectic. There couldent be a worse year for corners when the top prospect at the position runs a 4.6+

Reaction score
I agree with 94, free agency is to fill holes, the draft is for the future. No matter what you think you are getting in the draft, that player is a huge unknown as they have never played a down in the NFL. You cannot rely on rookies to address crucial needs. Before you go giving me examples of how it has worked for other teams (like the falcons this last season) every moron gets lucky sometimes, it's just bad policy. Free agency isn't over though, and Id rather get 5 improvements than one bank breaker and have to downgrade at seven spots to make salary.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:

Dude can you say blind love ? :lol:

Here is the plain truth...If we go out there on opening day with the exact same guys playing in our secondary ..what do think is going to happen ?...what message does that send to all the teams we will face ? What did they all do to us last year ? Bombs away !!!!!!!!

I'm all for " living the Dream " but when you have such a glaring need I want action and I don't want another Russell ...I want a play maker and a starter ..I want to know my team is trying to win next year,,so far I don't see any positive things that tell me different...and never talk to me about standing behind my team...I have done that for over 30 years...I guess thats why I can see that we only have this season, a very small window to get something done, before we " Rebuild " . I would rather see the team do a Tampa Bay and just call a spade a spade, then put me through a slow death

Reaction score
Ok well yes secondary is a problem, but that has nothing to do with bringing in these Free Agents. We brought in a DE, WR. Those won't help our secondary. We do have little cap and with us having a top 5 pick we need space so he won't hold-out. That's all I'm saying is free agency is only three days in it's like we're throwing the towell in. Seattle really never lands top Free Agents. Other than Julian Peterson.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
So were coming off a 4-12 season and were flat broke and can't fix any problems we have......oh goody what a great season next year will be . At least we kept Matt so that all the suckers out there will buy tickets....Thanks Timmy

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I know you use it to fill holes. But I do not think we have the cap room to throw around on FAs that may or may not work out - especially with the coin we are going to have to toss at the #4 pick in the draft.

Personally, I could care less about either of the two people who have left. Bernard is in decline and Morris was average and is heading towards that infamous 30 year old invisible barrier.

Top Bottom