• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks vs. Cowgirls

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawks took care of business today at home against a improved Cowboys team.
They had a assisted first half with by a oppurtunistic ST unit, and mistakes/drops/issues by Dallas.
The drive where dallas scored, our D was very winded, being on the field 5 times, 3X in row due to turnovers and because or offense had a couple 3 and outs.

The second half was a completely different story. The offense started clicking, the defense completly dominated, run game picked up, we wore Dallas down, and by the the end of 3rd quarter, I had no doubt we were winning this game.

I was at the game, and I will also say without a doubt, when RW scrambled and Golden Tate de-cleated Sean Lee, that set a tone in on the field and in the staduim, a tone of physicallity and brutalness, that this is our house, and you will pay when you play the seahawks.

For that play and his ability to make some key catches I say the player of the game is:
Golden Tate.
http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/09/16/2298887/recap-seattle-vs-dallas.html

Reaction score
Tate's block was awesome and all... But I don't know if an offensive player (other than maybe Lynch) should be the player of the game. I'd pick Browner, or maybe Chancellor. Wright had a good game too, he made a really nice open field tackle he made on Murray on a swing pass that really that really stood out.

OP
szat

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Lynch did have a good game, so did McCoy. Its really hard to call, everyone contributed which is nice to see. Frank O. (dispite my earlier critisism) did very well filling in for Okung, D. Ware was mostly shutdown in pass rush. Hell you could give it to the trojan, Malcom Smith for the blocked punt.

Reaction score
Chancellor was all over the place, led the team in tackles and would had more if Witten could hold onto the ball lol. I remember one play where he was running with Miles Austin stride for stride and he set the tone early with a couple big hits, which probably contributed to the drops.

OP
szat

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Kam blew up Murray at the LOS in the 3rd.
Thought the OL played better and just looks better with Moffitt in there. He totally sealed the corner on the Marshawn TD.
Turbin was a great utility guy, had some good blocks, runs, and caught the ball well.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawks took care of business today at home against a improved Cowboys team.
They had a assisted first half with by a oppurtunistic ST unit, and mistakes/drops/issues by Dallas.
The drive where dallas scored, our D was very winded, being on the field 5 times, 3X in row due to turnovers and because or offense had a couple 3 and outs.

The second half was a completely different story. The offense started clicking, the defense completly dominated, run game picked up, we wore Dallas down, and by the the end of 3rd quarter, I had no doubt we were winning this game.

I was at the game, and I will also say without a doubt, when RW scrambled and Golden Tate de-cleated Sean Lee, that set a tone in on the field and in the staduim, a tone of physicallity and brutalness, that this is our house, and you will pay when you play the seahawks.

For that play and his ability to make some key catches I say the player of the game is:
Golden Tate.
http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/09/16/2298887/recap-seattle-vs-dallas.html
After several searches I found this video link showing Tate's hit on Lee. Most of the video's are being pulled because of copyrights, so you might have to mute the advertisment & scroll down a little to catch the video.
http://www.rantsports.com/clubhouse/2012/09/16/golden-tate-destroys-sean-lee-on-a-crack-block/
I watched it about ten times, it's awesome!

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
GREAT GAME INDEED, ST played amazing, defense looked fast and strong, Beast mode was a beast, and Wilson looked like he calmed down a little.. Over all rating 85%

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Things I got from this game:
1. The additions of Bruce and Jason Jones have REALLY helped add pressure.
2. Golden Tate can lay a hit like none other.
3. Wilson, once comfortable, has great poise and doesn't make mistakes like T-Jack did.
4. The secondary defense. All I need to say.
5. And finally. We don't have a primary WR, we spread it pretty evenly so far. And the contract Lynch earned hasn't made him lazy like many worried before the season.

OP
szat

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
OH dude, nice sig!
If you break down the hit, S. Lee completely lost track of Tate and was b-lining for our QB. Tate gets up and under his blind side (ear hole) crowned him right in his breast plate. Got to hand it to #50 he was out of the game for a few plays only. TOUGH SOB.

quote]
Bruce got his first sack, and on the way back to the tunnel, he took off his glove, and threw it up to the fans. I laid out for it, but was about 12" short, almost took out some lady. My cousin got elbow'd by some dude, so BI took off his other glove and handed it to her. We all took turns sniffing BI sweet on the glove. Is that messed up or what??

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
3. Wilson, once comfortable, has great poise and doesn't make mistakes like T-Jack did.
5. And finally. We don't have a primary WR, we spread it pretty evenly so far. And the contract Lynch earned hasn't made him lazy like many worried before the season.
That is really cool!

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score

So you are saying Wilson won't throw the ball right to the defender when he is more comfortable. There were at least 3 that were almost intercepted. Is that what "great poise" is in your opinion? I'm pretty sure "Lucky" is what most people call that.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
So you are saying Wilson won't throw the ball right to the defender when he is more comfortable. There were at least 3 that were almost intercepted. Is that what "great poise" is in your opinion? I'm pretty sure "Lucky" is what most people call that.

And it happens to pretty much every quarterback in every game.

OP
szat

szat

Huddler
Reaction score

The fact of the matter is he is very effecient and responsible with the football. He has thrown 1 pick and it was obviously when it didnt matter, end of a half. So what 3 are talking about? If you say the deep floater to Tate, I think that one wa more on G.Tate then RW, he put it in a spot where Tate could high point it. Its something he has been very good at, in college, in preseason, and hopefull as a starting QB.

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
Wilson completed 15 of 20 passes for 151 yards and a touchdown and also ran for 28 yards in the Seahawks’ 27-7 upset over the Cowboys on Sunday

OP
szat

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Wilson completed 15 of 20 passes for 151 yards and a touchdown and also ran for 28 yards in the Seahawks’ 27-7 upset over the Cowboys on Sunday

??? the pick im referring to in game 1.

RW is going have to be even sharper on Monday against GB's secondary, but I think we will be able to run the ball against them.

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
??? the pick im referring to in game 1.

RW is going have to be even sharper on Monday against GB's secondary, but I think we will be able to run the ball against them.
He is gonna have to be real sharp against GB corners and LB's.. short quick passes and hard nose running by Beast, and of course ST and defense have to play there hardest....

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Oxymoron Alert - Russell Wilson, short quick passes.

Here is what I'm worried about;

"Clay "I can't believe it's not butter" Matthews: Here's what you get with the Packers’ OLB: speed up the field and multiple moves at the point of attack. The speed is one thing, but what stands out from my perspective is how violent Matthews is with his hands. That’s clinic tape vs. a Bears’ O-Line that didn’t have an answer for one of the top edge rushers in the game. He finishes with 3.5 sacks on the night. Impressive."

Idahawk

Reaction score
For the Packers it their first road game of the year , I think their LB's are slow and that Wilson can make some plays with his feet , I also question if GB can stop Lynch and Turbin, I question their DB's and on a Monday night in Seattle I would more " Worried if I was a packer fan , its a tall order to come and beat this team in Seattle !

Top Bottom