• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Sign CFL Sack Leader

Reaction score
Seahawks have inked Defensive Lineman Rick Foley to a contract. Foley led the CFL with 12 sacks in 2009, while being named CFL Defensive Player of the Year. He turned down offers to the Eagles and Rams in large part cause of Pete Carroll as head coach.
In 2006 he was on the Ravens, but never made the roster. Since then he has said he has matured as a player and gotten better.
Last year Cameron Wake was the CFL player to sign with the Dolphins.

I will have more after the Syracuse game and Daytona 500.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Hahahaha thanks Bob, but my man lost on the final two laps. I'm a Kevin Harvick fan so depressing sports day for me as a fan. However I am pleased with the Foley signing. I read a little about him earlier in the month and was hoping Seattle would made a run, but hadn't heard anything. It seems like they kind of flew under the radar and signed him. Hopefully it turns out to be a steal and a beginning of a long successful list of signings for Carroll and Schneider.

S

Seattlehawk94

He's better than Wake...Foley is just coming into his own as a Pass Rusher...

Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lq84B0cCeI[/ame]

Here is a video of Ricky Foley I am defiantly happy with this signing.

The video has no sound.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Carlson competition? Ummmm McLovin tell me you're talking about someone else and not Foley. You do know he's Defensive End right?

Reaction score
Carlson is one of the best Tight Ends in the league when he is used. If Foley was any good he would have been in the NFL by now.

S

Seattlehawk94

Uh....We didn't sign Foley to play TE...He's not even going to be a 4th option there....Like phaZe said...Carlson is one of the best in the NFL..

Reaction score
phaZe;45072 said:
Carlson is one of the best Tight Ends in the league when he is used. If Foley was any good he would have been in the NFL by now.

whoa whoa whoa..... Lets get him to BLOCK first

Foley played college football in Canada. How many of them get invited to the combine?

S

Seattlehawk94

A few get invites here and there....Mostly from the West and Ontario schools...

McGill in Montreal is usually good and they've sent a few to the combine...But all and all CCFB is the pipeline for the CFL and most of them aren't used to the 11side/4down/smaller field of the NFL..

The best players you are always going to get out of Canada are LBs, OLs, DLs, and CBs as well as K/P...The RBs, QBs, WRs, and TEs are just too slow and too used to a 75 yard wide field. There are exceptions but not many...

Top Bottom