• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks sign 6 to Future Contracts

Reaction score
http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... -contract/

Among the players:
WR Patrick Carter- A former Louisville was signed to the Bucs practice squad in September. He did not appear in any games this year. He appears to be more of a numbers guy, but could compete given the potential loss of Nate Burleson in free agency and Deion Branch.
LB Anthony Heygood- An undrafted linebacker out of Purdue was a member of the Panthers, until being cut when rosters had to be trimmed down to 53. Played in 49 college games, while only 24 of them were starts. He entered Purdue as a running back, but switched to linebacker in his freshman year. He could be a special teams guy, but appears to be more of a numbers guy than anything.
WR Mike Jones- Attended Arizona St.
RB Xavier Omon- Made the Buffalo Bills 53-man roster until let go on November 11th. He finished with 5 carries for 22 yards. Could be a potential third back for the Seahawks.
TE Jason Pociask had been signed last week to fill the practice squad spot once Mike Hass had to be placed on IR.
CB DeAngelo Willingham- Attended University of Tennessee.

Reaction score
I don't think Nate Burleson will be going anywhere. He grew up in Seattle and the team really needs him.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Phaze problem with Nate is the free agent market out there. Yes Seattle needs and wants him. Yes Nate wants Seattle, but with the lack of top free agent WRs he's going to be shown a lot of money. Will that change his want to play in Seattle? Will Seattle want to pay that much for him after commiting so much to TJ? I think Branch isn't a Seahawk next year so they have his money to use, but will they want to have two WRs with No. 1 WR salaries? I think that's the question that the new GM will have to answer. If they can get an extension done it would help out a lot.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Phaze problem with Nate is the free agent market out there. Yes Seattle needs and wants him. Yes Nate wants Seattle, but with the lack of top free agent WRs he's going to be shown a lot of money. Will that change his want to play in Seattle? Will Seattle want to pay that much for him after commiting so much to TJ? I think Branch isn't a Seahawk next year so they have his money to use, but will they want to have two WRs with No. 1 WR salaries? I think that's the question that the new GM will have to answer. If they can get an extension done it would help out a lot.

2 wr being paid #1 money ..............can't happen
and
3 LB's being paid #1 money ...............crap! already did happen

Reaction score
I would much rather have Nate than TJ on the roster..

Not saying I don't want TJ, but if I had to choose...

Reaction score
#ONE said:
I would much rather have Nate than TJ on the roster..

Not saying I don't want TJ, but if I had to choose...

I'd say the coaches and players would agree with you if they had a choice

Top Bottom