• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks land OG Hamilton

Reaction score
The Seahawks signed OG Ben Hamilton formerly of Denver. Hamilton has started 104 games in the past nine-years for the Broncos and played under Alex Gibbs zone-blocking scheme. Terms of the deal are unannounced. Hamilton could play either left or right guard for the Seahawks allowing Max Unger to possibly start at center if need be.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
I love this move! Hamilton is an experienced OG whose familiar with Gibbs's system. He can teach the young guys like Unger and the vets the new system. He's a leader and the Broncos always have consistent success in the running game.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Music to my ears! This guy seems solid.
Hopefully he has a couple years left, he can retire under Gibbs.
Liken this to the Wahle deal, hopefully for less $$.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096;47506 said:
The Seahawks signed OG Ben Hamilton formerly of Denver. Hamilton has started 104 games in the past nine-years for the Broncos and played under Alex Gibbs zone-blocking scheme. Terms of the deal are unannounced. Hamilton could play either left or right guard for the Seahawks allowing Max Unger to possibly start at center if need be.

Where did you obtain such information? Is there a link somewhere? I can't find any info on this.

Reaction score
sigpro;47512 said:
Where did you obtain such information? Is there a link somewhere? I can't find any info on this.
It's on the SeattlePI.com sports section as well.

And I agree with everyone else, this is a good move. Does anybody have details on how long the contract is yet?

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Glad to see we made a move for someone on the O-line. We need a bit more though. This is a start.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
WOOHOO!!! Just what we needed - a talented veteran to challenge guys for starting jobs and help coach the other players on the field. FINALLY! A signing to get excited about. Wait... that is sad that we are most excited about a guy that we hope will only be a backup.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I like the singing a lot. I think he has a few years left as a solid starter. Not Pro-Bowl material obviously but he still could be decent under our scheme. In case you guys didn't know, the only reason he was benched at Denver was because he was deemed too small for their system.

Top Bottom