• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Hire Tom Cable and Todd Wash

Reaction score
Seahawks have signed former Raiders Head Coach Tom Cable as Assistant Head Coach and Offensive Line coach. Cable is a direct coaching descendant of Alex Gibbs, who retired as the Seahawks' line coach just before the season began.

Todd Wash was also signed as defensive line coach to replace Dan Quinn. Kris Richard and Rocky Seto were promoted to coach the secondary.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Wow think thats a great pick up by coach, hope he's up on his karate lessons... lol.

I dont like the loosing Dan Quinn, I always thought he did well with what he had to work with and it seemed like (from video I saw) that the players listened to him.

S

Seattlehawk94

One of the reasons Nnamdi left was the way Al Davis messed with The Cable Guy and basically left him hanging....They got along pretty well from what I've read on (GASP!) Faiders Message Boards, some of them are saying he's as good as a Seahawk now...

Hope so...

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;54024 said:
One of the reasons Nnamdi left was the way Al Davis messed with The Cable Guy and basically left him hanging....They got along pretty well from what I've read on (GASP!) Faiders Message Boards, some of them are saying he's as good as a Seahawk now...

Hope so...
I hope so too. Signing Nnamdi would be f'n amazing.

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
YEAAAH i like tom cable. Jeremy bates= run 1st down , run 2nd down, 3 yd pass 3rd down..WHEN WE ALREADY DOWN BY 2 TOUCHDOWNS. it is a good look for the hawks. look what he did with the OL in oakland. I am happy

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
As 'Assistant Head Coach' and Offensive Line Coach I don't see Cable calling any plays, let's be happy if he can get more out of our linemen. I think Max Unger is going to be his 'boy' this offseason and training camp. ('Your my boy Blue!') Will be pleased if we can get a group of 5 stable in pass protection with a little Nasty in the run game. I really see the New Orleans game as a blueprint for our success.

We aren't going to turn into Kansas City in one year, so let's develop the passing game to set up the run. Lynch and Forsett have homerun capability in the running/short pass game and Matt can find the holes that open up the defense.

The good news for Cable is low expectations. The line has been swiss cheese since Hutch left, so if we get anything out of it he's a huge success. As a former Raider's head coach, I also see limited alternate job opportunities so I doubt he'll be leaving for another opportunity next season.

While I'm concerned about the addition of a legitimately violent individual to the coaching staff, I think Cable is a good bet coming off a frustrating few years in Oakland. Besides, the OL Coach is supposed to be a little scary, right?

Reaction score
I don't agree that Lynch or Forsett have home run capability, if they break one its usually no longer than 30 yards. They won't just outrun the entire secondary.

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
Lynch will be awesome it the line can get him a little room, the guy gets hit in the backfield almost every time he touches the ball and still gains yards. He doesn't need to outrun the secondary, he can run over them. If Cable gets the line working good, Lynch is going to the pro bowl.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
I like the Cable hire. He went 8-8 last year as a HC under the mess of Al Davis. He wrongfully fired which is usual for a HC under Al Davis.

The main reason I liked Cable was because all his players liked him. Shows me he is a good guy you want on your staff. I don't see him being a backstabbing bitch either to Carroll.

Reaction score
Once you get into the secondary in order to be considered a guy that has "home run capability" you need breakaway speed. I'm not saying that I don't like Lynch, but he's not a threat to take it to the house everytime he touches the ball. Now if. Our O-Line gets better at run blocking he will definitely be a beast, he could be a guy who seems to break a 2 or 3 20+ yarders per game.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Fenom;54009 said:
Seahawks have signed former Raiders Head Coach Tom Cable as Assistant Head Coach and Offensive Line coach. Cable is a direct coaching descendant of Alex Gibbs, who retired as the Seahawks' line coach just before the season began.

Todd Wash was also signed as defensive line coach to replace Dan Quinn. Kris Richard and Rocky Seto were promoted to coach the secondary.

Is this April already??

Please tell me we didn't hire the Faiders Neanderthal thug.
Ugh.

S

Seattlehawk94

bobflipaburger;54044 said:
Once you get into the secondary in order to be considered a guy that has "home run capability" you need breakaway speed. I'm not saying that I don't like Lynch, but he's not a threat to take it to the house everytime he touches the ball. Now if. Our O-Line gets better at run blocking he will definitely be a beast, he could be a guy who seems to break a 2 or 3 20+ yarders per game.

That's what ALOT of people don't get....A "HR GUY" is a guy like Sanders, Johnson, etc...It's a RB who once they get into the open is gone from ANYWHERE on the field...Lynch isn't NEAR THAT....

He's a Ricky Watters type, fights for tough yards but not very fast and tries to juke move even in the open field....A "HR GUY" is gone as soon as he's into the LB corps....

In his prime Shauna was a "HR GUY"--compare the two if you think Lynch is that....Shauna could turn on the jets when he needed...Lynch has to fight even on a "breakaway" run...

I like Lynch but to call him a "HR GUY" is either homerish or stupid...

Reaction score
Forsett is the same, but different. He's super quick and shifty, but just doesn't have the top end speed. Our only back with "HR capability" is Leon and he's a FA.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I heard Jim Mora is now declined for the DC position in Denver... wonder why...

Well here's my guess, I know its a long shot but, I think he's making his way back to the PNW. I dont think as a OC but possibly the DC? or maybe a shuffle at one of the defensive position coaches? Just a hunch... no real evidence to support it, besides once he saw all the hawk moves happening, he might have inquired within, you know he still loves his Hawks....

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
robdog;54068 said:
I still can not believe Al Davis fired Tom Cable. Good for us though.

As long as the players wear their helmets when they talk to him!
I still hope it's a gag. Cable should be too busy trying out for next FF movie as the The Thing.
;-)

Top Bottom