• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks draft

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't like doing draft grades immediately after the draft, but they got a lot of seemingly good value from their picks and seemingly addressed some needs. I feel good about it, but I feel like if it was anyone else but PC/JS I'd be questioning taking a RB in the 2nd round.

I like your use of "seemingly". I'm totally reserved on grading them after all the crow I ate last year.

Reaction score
Avril was on with Mitch Levi this morning. Mitch asked him whether or not he'd play OLB. Avril's response was that he's a pass rusher. His job is going to get after the QB - thats why the Seahawks brought him in. He said that he's capable of dropping back in coverage if needed, but he didn't really sound like he expects to play a lot at the LB position.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Pete and John won't get it right all of the time. I just hope their talent eval on Michael as the better prospect over Lacy and Ball hits the mark.
The other option would have been to keep the 56th pick and get Arthur Brown, which is what I was hoping for but oh well. Like many Hawk fans I've quit questioning Pete and John a long time ago. Michael won't be a starter this year but then again, Brown wouldn't have been neither. Not with Wagner to compete with.
The only rationale I can think of as to why the Hawks did what they did rather than stand pat and take someone like Brown is, in a roundabout way by trading the pick they ended up getting Jesse Williams.

Christine Michael & Jesse Williams > Arthur Brown. Another example of Pete and John thinking ahead and operating well above the curve. Also small example out of many of how (by all indications) they are really building something special here and the fun is just getting started.

Reaction score
Pete and John won't get it right all of the time. I just hope their talent eval on Michael as the better prospect over Lacy and Ball hits the mark.
The other option would have been to keep the 56th pick and get Arthur Brown, which is what I was hoping for but oh well. Like many Hawk fans I've quit questioning Pete and John a long time ago. Michael won't be a starter this year but then again, Brown wouldn't have been neither. Not with Wagner to compete with.
The only rationale I can think of as to why the Hawks did what they did rather than stand pat and take someone like Brown is, in a roundabout way by trading the pick they ended up getting Jesse Williams.

Christine Michael & Jesse Williams > Arthur Brown. Another example of Pete and John thinking ahead and operating well above the curve. Also small example out of many of how (by all indications) they are really building something special here and the fun is just getting started.
After being waaaaaayyy off on Russell Wilson and eating some major crow, I'm done questioning Pete and John.... at least until the next head scratcher lol

Reaction score
Well hey, you've got a nice start on an obscure Hawks jerseys collection lol. See if you can get a Steve Vallos or a Baraka Atkins.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
The top of the draft baffled me. Im sure in 3 years I'll be saying Christine Micheal, great pick, but I was like (agian) wtf? And there risk assosiated with him becuase of injuries and character concerns.
But he does have amazing upside. Marshawn was arguably the face of seahawks I just dont think we needed to disrupt that.
If it wasnt for getting Jesse Williams late I would have given this draft like a C., but I'll give it a B i guess.
I like the WR, but I thought we could have used the early or mid round pick to find a good OT or OLB.

Thats my opinion, glad huddle is back, now I can do this shit from work!

Reaction score
I said the the last couple years... But yeah, when OL was a priority they drafted higher. Now they just let Cable look for projects in the 7th round.

Top Bottom