• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Defense

Reaction score
I know this has little merit being a PFW article and all, but its interesting to read people asking if the Seahawks D is better than the Steelers. I'm sure we all know the answer to that, we have a little ways to go before we can talk elite defense, but we've come a long way in 2 years since Jimmy Mora's 35pts/game group.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/06/26/best-nfl-defense-steelers-or-seahawks

Reaction score
Our run D probably won't be quite as stout with out Hawthorne, not at first anyways. There may be a bit of a decline there, but if the pass rush gets the shot in the arm it needs then this season is going to be a lot of fun. I already can't wait... Well actually I can wait a little bit, seeing as how Summer is fashionably late again.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Yeah secondary and pass rusher should be improved this year. I think due to our stout line, we'll prob still be top 10 against the run. I can't wait to see Irvin, Clem and Jones coming after the QB on 3rd downs!

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
I think the Seahawks will be at least top 5 on defence. I think their defence will be better then the whiners. Could they be #1 on defence, yes I think they could and will be very good for several years to come. I think Wagner will actually be an upgrade over Hawthorn and I can't wait to see the pass rush in action. This defence will be elite very soon.

Reaction score
Yeah secondary and pass rusher should be improved this year. I think due to our stout line, we'll prob still be top 10 against the run. I can't wait to see Irvin, Clem and Jones coming after the QB on 3rd downs!

I'd love to see Bryant as a DT in that package.

I think the Seahawks will be at least top 5 on defence. I think their defence will be better then the whiners. Could they be #1 on defence, yes I think they could and will be very good for several years to come. I think Wagner will actually be an upgrade over Hawthorn and I can't wait to see the pass rush in action. This defence will be elite very soon.

I don't know about all of that, but I hope you're right. Wagner will be an upgrade over Hawthorne athletically for sure, but I doubt he'll be a better run stuffer. There's no way he'll be a worse run stuffer/tackler than Lofa though... Does that count as optimism? Can Captain Obvious statments be considered optimistic?

Dane

Huddler
Reaction score
I like the direction our defense has taken, especially given how many late round and undrafted gems are in it :) I don't know if we'll be a top 5 defense with all the new blood we have this year, but hopefully we'll be in the top 10 and be one of the more feared defenses around the league.

On a side note, does anyone else wonder if PFW purposely advanced us to the final round against the Steelers just for some fun at our expense?

Reaction score
Lol we already beat the 9ers because we had a ton of fans vote... Maybe its because we have more fans that visit the site regularly, or maybe its because fans of all the other teams are outside enjoying summer while we're stuck in April .

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
Or maybe it just might be that most voters from around the country (besides Steeler fans) do feel the Seahawks will have a better defence this year.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Seems to be an underground fanbase for our beloved hawks, even outside of Wa.
Could it be because of pete? or cause our unis are so cool? Or is it the staduim and the 12 man?
Our defense will be close to top 5, the run defense wont even waiver a twitch, not with what we've added to it and who we kept upfront (BIG RED/BRANCH). Also I expect our offense to be better this year, which will in turn help our defense in the statistic column.

Top Bottom