• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Saints

Reaction score
So the Saints are going through another scandal, I'm sure you all know about it by now.

Personally, even if its true I don't think its a huge deal. But, internally its obviously bad PR and there could be further action taken against them.

But, from Drew Brees' stand point, they franchised him when he didn't want to be, they're forfeiting draft picks, the NFC is getting a lot better, and if further action is taken what if Drew decides the team won't be able to to stay competitive enough for him to want to finish up his career there? Or what if further action is taken against the saints which make it so they can't afford to sign him long term?

You could have another huge-profile QB on the market after this season.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
The last few seasons the Saints have been one of my favorite teams to root for since we haven't been very good. Them and the Ravens... sidenote, I didn't realize Edgar Allen Poe was born in Baltimore... the team name makes much more sense now lol. My views haven't really changed, they're being made an example of. I'm all 31 other teams have placed bounties on players. I didn't even know who Mickey Loomis was until the suspensions were handed out. If he's guilty of spygate 2.0 or whatever this is going to be coined, it doesn't change my opinion of the team, because the Saints didn't get good until a few years after the device he was alledgedly using was removed.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
The Saints were irrelevant to me before their offense got to where its been for a few years now. If they run Drew Brees out of town they'll go back to being irrelevant.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My money is on him staying, but I wouldn't be surprised if the owner plays hardball. Would be a sad day for Saints fan if Brees leaves New Orleans.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't think it is a big deal as it relates to football, but the reason it is being made a big deal is because I'm pretty sure it is illegal on every civil level (city, state, federal, etc.).

Idahawk

Reaction score
I think Brees will look at it as an attack by ESPN and Outside the lines, plus he wasn't even there . Some more of their sleezy bottom of the barrel journalism . This could do more good than harm , as the players will view this as an us against the world situation.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
That's not really the point though. The Saints were already stripped of cap room and a draft pick ghis year and there are going to be players suspended. This year, that makes them less competitive. Brees is already pissed off about getting tagged. If more action is taken against the saints, he could just get fed up and enter free agency. Long term, getting stripped of cap room and draft picks for a couple season could really hurt this team. They don't pick until the end of the 3rd round this year.

Top Bottom