• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Russell to start game 3

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
It actually hasn't been announced. This is just Danny O’Neil of the Seattle Times speculation.

There have been indications Wilson will start.

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
Nothing has been said from Pete if Wilson will start.. But I would sure like to see what he can do against the 1st stringers.. btw how do you start a trend ??? please tell me..lol

Reaction score
Not good! If this is true, and I hope it is not, then we might be in trouble.

I truly believed Pete had Flynn pegged as the starter by now and was just going through the motions. The 3rd preseason is the most crucial game for the starters as they play most of the game. Throwing Wilson in, will disrupt what little chemistry was there between Flynn and the ones. If Wilson does great... then what? Start a rookie week 1 against AZ's defense?? And if he falters against KC's starters, Matt gets named the starter but loses crucial playing time and goes into AZ with basically TEN and DEN under his belt.... I don't like it!

Deep breath.... this is Pete being Pete. We better not start out losing and go 8-8, or 7-9. With our defense and running game, we should cruise to 10 or 11 wins. If he hasn't gotten QB figured out after this year... I'm calling for his head... just saying.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Not good! If this is true, and I hope it is not, then we might be in trouble.

I truly believed Pete had Flynn pegged as the starter by now and was just going through the motions. The 3rd preseason is the most crucial game for the starters as they play most of the game. Throwing Wilson in, will disrupt what little chemistry was there between Flynn and the ones. If Wilson does great... then what? Start a rookie week 1 against AZ's defense?? And if he falters against KC's starters, Matt gets named the starter but loses crucial playing time and goes into AZ with basically TEN and DEN under his belt.... I don't like it!

Deep breath.... this is Pete being Pete. We better not start out losing and go 8-8, or 7-9. With our defense and running game, we should cruise to 10 or 11 wins. If he hasn't gotten QB figured out after this year... I'm calling for his head... just saying.

I'm with you ONE, I'm really tired of set backs at the QB position keeping this team from moving forward. I actually didn't think PC would start Wilson.

Wilson was hurried and hit quite a bit facing the 2nd and 3rd stringers. He does have that Favre like quality to get him out of trouble but I think it is pretty obvious he won't fair well against the 1st string.

However, does KC's 1 string offensive look any good this year? I'm not sure this is the best team to be gauging against.

If he becomes the starter I don't think it will take teams long to figure him out and start to blitz the corners.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
So why in the hell did PC start Flynn in game 2? If Wilson would have started game 2 (which is what I think most coaches would have done) this would have already been resolved. Could it be that he is intentionally setting Wilson up to look good?

Reaction score
KC actually has a pretty solid defense. They have a solid D line, Hali at LB and a good secondary with Berry and Flowers. It will be a true test for Wilson. I wish Flynn was playing instead cause all 3 of our first preseason games were against pretty good defenses.

Reaction score
Even if Wilson wins the starting job, I'll still wear my Flynn jersey and chant his name!!

Reaction score
Maybe this is the final opportunity to make sure that Russell can handle stepping in for Flynn, incase Matt goes down during the regular season. It would give Pete the peace of mind to move forward with Matt as starter and Russell as back-up and deal/release TJack. God, I hope that's whats happening.

Reaction score
I just have a bad feeling that Russell will have a really good game and Pete will get all PC - "Gosh Im so jacked up!! Isn't this kid great?! Gosh he's great!! Boy, I'm really excited for our program!!" and name Wilson the starter.

Wilson is more talented than Matt, and will probably be the better QB in the long run. We are poised to make a big run this season and I really am not looking forward to riding the rookie QB roller-coaster....

OP
szat

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Wishy washy Pete, cant make his damn mind up.
Not happy with decision, but have to admit I will be watching Fri night with much anticipation!
Not a good idea drag this thing out so long. However......
KC does have a good defense, if Wilson struggles, you can close th book on this one.
If Wilson does okay but no big suprises, you still start Flynn.

But if RW goes out there and lights it up, like we all think he has the potential to do, we have a full blown RUSSELMANIA on our hands. He will be named the starter, and why wouldnt we want that? If he is the best QB then thats who we want on Gameday right?

I think Pete is opening the door for RW to steal the starting job....

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
YEP.. I'm excited to see what he can do against the starters.. I've been watching Wilson for years now, and was really excited when we drafted him.. I've seen what he is able to do on the field.. and now he gets his shot... GO HAWKS !!!!

Reaction score
BTW, everyone keeps writing about how great of a play Wilson made throwing the ball to Tuinei while being dragged to the ground.... Well first off all, Wilson said himself he was trying to throw the ball away and Tuinei just made a great play. Second, against most starting defenses that ugly floater gets picked off. There were like 4 Denver defenders around Tuinei and they just stood there and watched him make the catch because no one expected him to.

It all needs to be taken into perspective. Just like the drop TO had that wouldve gone for a TD and Tate getting forced out of bounds. Moon said that wouldve been a TD a few years ago prior to the force-out rule change. Matt Flynn should've had 2TDs in that game... at least.

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
AGREED, but whos talking about that amazing throw?? it was pure luck in my book.. and yes Tate should have had a TD.. Still Wilson has had all around better play in both games and deserves to start to see what he can do...

Top Bottom