• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rice to play

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
RENTON, Wash. (AP) - Sidney Rice will make his preseason debut for the Seattle Seahawks on Friday night against Kansas City.

Coach Pete Carroll said Wednesday that Rice is ahead of schedule in his recovery from offseason surgery on both shoulders and will get a little bit of playing time against the Chiefs. Rice has not played in a game since Week 12 of last season when he suffered a concussion and was placed on injured reserve.
Quarterback Matt Flynn was rested during practice on Wednesday, but is still expected to play against the Chiefs.
Carroll also said that defensive back Roy Lewis will have knee surgery, but it's unclear how serious the injury is or how long he might be out.

Reaction score
Oh sure, give golden boy the good weapons!
My sentiments exactly. Give Flynn a 38 TO that's been here for less than two weeks and give Wilson a healthy Sidney Rice. And why rush Rice back?? It's not like ANYONE needs to see what he can do. But wants to make sure his guy looks good.

Reaction score
Conspiracy theory time...

Pete to Flynn: "Matt we really want you to target TO. We want to see what he's got"

Pete to TO: "TO, need you to run the wrong routes and drop everything thrown your way"

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
It's not like Pete is giving Wilson a better WR core, Pete needs to see what Rice can do, I'm sure TO will be in there also, and I agree that Flynn will play 1st half as well...

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect much from Rice just yet besides we don't want him hurt again before the season even starts.

Top Bottom