• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Reports- Harvin to Season ending IR

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
That project was a bust. But it's not like we relied on him at any point.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
He has not been IR'd yet, if we could get it back sometime it would be the difference, but wouldnt you make this trade right now?

" it " man you hate that dude don't you , lol Do you think he's faking an injury that doctors have no way to verify , I heard his hip needed drained after workouts , like a water on the knee thing ?

The IR thing may happen if any of these injuries from today are serious , I like the theory that if he's only got one game in him make it the Super Bowl

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
" it " man you hate that dude don't you , lol Do you think he's faking an injury that doctors have no way to verify , I heard his hip needed drained after workouts , like a water on the knee thing ?

The IR thing may happen if any of these injuries from today are serious , I like the theory that if he's only got one game in him make it the Super Bowl

I hate ANY player that sucks up all our future cap, our future top draft picks, yet cant even make one week of practice and does not play (1) FULL GAME all season! Especially since that was my (and others) primary concern when we drafted him. If you remember me saying "I wonder if he'll even play one game this season." I hate that my worse fears came true.

Luckily, we went 13-3 and locked up the #1 seed and are on the best trajectory o the Superbowl. And if he can make a difference in the playoffs, then I'll take back all the bad shit Ive been saying.... But so far he is bust! One the worse trades we've made, one of which I liken to Deon Branch. At least Branch actually contributed some!

I don't think Percy is faking his injury, I just think that he is in a sense... fragile, cant play through injury, has to be like 100% healthy to take the field. And then he plays he is like a MANIAC! Throwing his body haplessly into defenders and is therefore injury prone! He cant stay healthy long enough to get in football shape and then the nature of his play lands him back on the IR. I question his understanding of how to take care of his body. I see it as a vicious cycle and I hope I'm wrong, but that is my prediction. There is more to it, something else to the conundrum that is Percy Harvin, but what do not know, I'm just a fan, an outside observer. Oh what I'd give to be a fly on the wall at the VMAC!

Last edited:

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't think Percy is faking his injury, I just think that he is in a; sense fragile, cant play through injury, has to be like 100% healthy to take the field. And then he plays he is like a MANIAC! Throwing his body haplessly into defenders and is therefore injury prone! quote]

Totally agree szat, before Tate matured I was seriously worried he was going to be the same type. Sure glad he's managed to balance his game.
Harvin's signing doesn't fit in with everything PC has done. It tells me they weren't sold on Tate's development at the time and thought they needed a security blanket. A little too desperate of a decision in my opinion

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Totally agree szat, before Tate matured I was seriously worried he was going to be the same type. Sure glad he's managed to balance his game.
Harvin's signing doesn't fit in with everything PC has done. It tells me they weren't sold on Tate's development at the time and thought they needed a security blanket. A little too desperate of a decision in my opinion

And its not that I don't like him, I think he's a cool dude, comes to press conf after minny game wearing a plaid flannel shirt, seems to have a team oriented disposition, seems humble. Little theatrical on the sidelines, but love the passion, excited about the talent. Its just you cant take THAT MUCH MONEY from MY TEAM and not contribute. Fucker better get healthy, all's Im saying....

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
He may not play this year but dont we have him for the next 5-6 years? I dont really regret this trade when you look at the ceiling of a guy like harvin who could come back healthy next year. He may be an elite weapon or may let down in year 2. Until then im stayin optimistic on the trade.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
He may not play this year but dont we have him for the next 5-6 years? I dont really regret this trade when you look at the ceiling of a guy like harvin who could come back healthy next year. He may be an elite weapon or may let down in year 2. Until then im stayin optimistic on the trade.

- Carroll said they'll have an update on the status of wide receiver Percy Harvin (hip) by the middle of the week. "He's going to need the offseason to really get back to full strength. We'll still take a look this week to see where we are."

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I would be a lot more concerned if he had been healthy all year and played poorly. He may have only played limited snaps in one game but look at what he did with those few snaps. He drew a DPI call on a bomb from russell that got called back i believe because of a holding call, he made a great 1 handed catch, and made a clutch kick return right before halftime that was close to going all the way but instead still went for like 60 yards.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Some coach said it best " I don't care about the guys who aren't on the field , I care about the guys who are "

szat

Huddler
Reaction score

Good point buddy and definitely a more hopefully outlook then mine.

Of course if you look at the contract too, the real money isn't due till next year, and that's when he would start take away from other players/re-signings.

But we are going to SB this year! and that's what we got him for.
Contract info:

Year Base S. Bonus Misc. Cap Hit Dead
2013 2,500,000 2,400,000 - 4,900,000 14,500,000
2014 11,000,000 2,400,000 - 13,400,000 9,600,000
2015 10,500,000 2,400,000 - 12,900,000 9,700,000
2016 9,900,000 2,400,000 - 12,300,000 7,300,000
2017 9,950,000 2,400,000 - 12,350,000 4,900,000
2018 11,150,000 - - 11,150,000 -

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Said Carrol: "Percy's going to practice with us when we get back with the intention of playing in this next game. We'll see what happens. That's the intention. We're going to see how he goes. He's come to the point where we can go to that and we'll keep our fingers crossed for him. He wants to contribute and be a part of this team and he's going to do everything he can to do that."

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
It's GO TIME baby!

With Harvin on the field it's a flat out game changer. Even if we never throw his way it's a whole different ballgame for the defense.

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
That is the key, you said it! Fingers crossed, fork, plate, ready for crow.
He could step on the field and not even run a route and it would still make the defense have to be aware of where he was at all times. This would be ridiculous but thats the level of talent percy is.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
That is the key, you said it! Fingers crossed, fork, plate, ready for crow.

But it's like extra icing on an already delicious cake. It's not like we're dying to get our star player back, he's been hurt all year. I think we can't have enough weapons, but if he doesn't play the Seahawks can roll with that also.

Top Bottom