• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Report: Seahawks will dump Red Bryant

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Allen's a 3rd contract guy and he's in his 30s so probably the only way the Hawks would be interested is if Allen would be willing to commit to a 1 year deal or maybe 2. The Hawks are gonna want him off the books no later than '15.

Right...? So this is why I seeing this a perfect fit.
3rd contract is not usually the big money/extention contract. Its the icing on the cake.
As I said... the man has made over 60MILLION $$$$$ in the league.
That check has been written and cashed. Its glory time now...

Allow me to play GM:
This is who the hawks should get and for how much:

1. Bennett - 4 yr. / 30M / 14 guaranteed
2. Jared - 2 yr. / 14M / with incentives * he is a mullet wearing, qb killin, sack monster still!
3. Everson - 5 yr. / 25M - USC player, so I would think that PC has a inside edge on luring him in. Still his sack numbers are not elite, he is a fast physical player. I can see why you like him.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
The players the Seahawks are talking about cutting I don't understand why they couldn't get some draft picks for them.
Since both players are seen as cap killers, the Hawks consider themselves at this point better off without them and their salaries on the books. Other teams know this so no one would compensate the Hawks for players they are being forced to get rid of anyway.
Not only that but I think if a team were to acquire either of the two players you mentioned via trade, they would have to pay them the full salary due to them based on their current deal and the new team would have to take the same cap hit the Hawks would take if they kept them.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Good call! I couldnt believe people were thinkin we could get him for under 5 mil.

That's nuts. I had no idea some were even thinking that. I think he made $5.5 this last year under the 1 year deal and that was only because the market for DEs was pretty much dead. Then after the kind of season he had with the Hawks, people actually believed he'd be worth even less?

Top Bottom