• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Pete Carroll

If the Seahawks have another losing season will PC be fired?

• Yes

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Never, He is Neo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm willing to give him another season

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • I'm willing to give hime 2 more seasons

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
It is hard not to like PC. His high energy upbeat style is infectious. He has a fun sense of humor, something you don't see in many coaches these days.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Give the past 2 years, except for Dalton, I would say, they could have whiffed even worse on QB's. Charlie and TJack were just stop gaps to build our team and get is to where we are today.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Or in other words , here's a new angle on the I hate Wilson topic ? Lame

That's about all we got to go with right now. Other than WR's and Oline, and we've beat that horse too.

Graingeville, Stites, Kooski. For another subject.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Really find it interesting how many of us are optimists and think thier may be some magic in that coaches cap.

It is rare when a coach turns a club around within a couple of seasons. 7-9 isn't that bad of a season, you still have a chance for a playoff run late in the year. If you figure we hit rock bottom last year, PC did a pretty good job of keeping us competitve thru the rebuild process. He came in with very little remanents of the Holmgren era left to work with but I do think the credit for his first season (and the playoffs) should be given to Hass.

The reality is, we are just now starting to work on chemistry and timing. It's unrealistic to think the players would have natural chemistry. These things take time. I'm still not sure I like Wilson but I really don't like the idea of pulling him after 4 or 5 games either. The more time the permanent QB spends with the Offense the sooner we are going to start winning.

I was really hoping we would kick SF's ass this year.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Voted "no" he will not be fired (although I still believe he is made of plastic).

PC got his QB competition in the pre-season that he wanted, but he didn't get either one of the quarterbacks ready to compete for the start of the regular season games, so now it's up to the offensive line to make it easier on whom ever is playing back there.

If the offensive line comes together after three or four games, like I believe they will, then they will be a much better team down the stretch. That's probably all it takes to save his job.

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
Of all his whiffing on QBs, benching Flynn now was the biggest. Lets face it, not much has been available during his seahawks time.
Wilson might be the future but Flynn is ready to go now.

Otherwise he has done a good job rebuilding.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Of all his whiffing on QBs, benching Flynn now was the biggest. Lets face it, not much has been available during his seahawks time.
Wilson might be the future but Flynn is ready to go now.

Otherwise he has done a good job rebuilding.
Agree with about two/thirds of you'r sentiments TE, considering the defense is steller, and the special teams have good striking capabilities. Still, the offense is so week that the team overall is not very competitive. PC has built another 0-1 team, and lost to AZ who was predicted to be the third best team in the division ahead of the Rams. If the Hawks can't beat the third best team, doesn't that make them the fourth team in the division then (dead last)?

Flynn is not ready to go now, since he didn't receive starter reps prior to the beginning of the season, and had little opportunity to develope timing with the starting receiving corps (broken down as they were). Then a rookie QB with a rookie defensive lineman playing guard, and another rookie in Turbin who would have been exposed to nfl blitzes for the first time was also looking to start...The left tackle goes down yet again...James Carpenter is still worthless...

It's no damned wonder AZ used the package they did, and it wasn't as close as the final score either!
None of which is the fault of the coach for not having an NFL calliber team ready to play week one???

Idahawk

Reaction score
The only thing he could have done differently is to mortage the teams future and move up in the draft for a QB or somehow have gotten Manning on that plane .

Idahawk

Reaction score
Hindsight. Everyone was saying Dalton would have been a reach at the time.

Kellen Moore was actually projected to go higher in that draft if he would have came out early. Dalton was a Russell Wilson in that everyone was like Who the hell is that guy .

Top Bottom