• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Pete Carroll was rated to low at 15

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
Who cares? Enough of the so and so ranked too low threads already. Who cares what they say, Jaworski is a complete jack ass and I just heard of Pete Prisco five minutes ago. Their rankings don't mean shit and neither does all our "potential" if we don't take the field and kick some serious ass this year. So let's revisit this crap after we go out there and prove them all wrong.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm sure seer agrees with you. But what else is there to do in the offseason when it comes to football?

I'll submit my own take on Carroll if that's ok with ya :)

I think part of the reason for the low ranking is the still lingering perception that Pete is too rah rah, that he's too much of a players coach, that he's too "pie in the sky" to be a good NFL coach. Also, everyone thinks he's a college guy, that his approach only works at the college level but has no place in the NFL. Even some Seahawk fans still seem to think that way. They don't realize that he's spent far more years in coaching at the NFL level dating back to the '80s than he has in college.

In reality, I think all of that is a big crock of BS. Pete might think like Mr. Nice Guy and all that but he can also be a hard taskmaster when he needs to be. Especially when it comes to competition. If he sees you half-assing it, like say Lendale White did, he kicks you to the curb. Zero tolerance for anything less than 100 percent.

The jury's still out on Pete as far as how good of a coach he is on Sunday afternoon after the kickoff. But as far as understanding team dynamics, talent eval, the type of style he subscribes to, all of that, there's no better head coach in the league, hands down. I firmly believe that, and because of it, and because of the chemistry he has with John, I wouldn't trade Carroll for any coach in the league right now.

There's a lot of misinformation and misconceptions concerning what Pete Carroll is all about. I think when all is said and done the Pete Carroll era will go down as far and away the greatest in franchise history. This regime will bring the hardware to Hawk Nation.

Top Bottom