• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Pete Carroll Press Conference: First Impressions

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
He said all the right things. And he said them way better and more convincingly than Mora has ever said in a press conference.

I hope it turns out. Don't really have a choice other than to route for it at this point I guess.

Reaction score
There's a lot of pressure on Carroll to turn this thing around and he seems like he has the personality and determination to do it.

V

vandeetz

Is there any place to watch the Q&A portion of his press conference online? I saw the first bit but it cuts off before the Q&A. If any one has it that would be great!

thanks

Reaction score
vandeetz said:
Is there any place to watch the Q&A portion of his press conference online? I saw the first bit but it cuts off before the Q&A. If any one has it that would be great!

thanks
Seahawks.com will have it soon. They always have the full length press conferences during the season and should definitely have this one up.

The Q&A section of the press conference was pretty good, there were a lot of questions about the past, then it moved into the future with some humor involved.

Reaction score
I'm going to watch the press conference tonight during my dinner and will be spending the next several days working on trying to find out whose going to consist of the staff. As long as Pat Kirwan comes I'm happy!

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Some more staff seem to be added pending official announcement.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4819300"]Alex Gibbs joins new Seattle Seahawks staff - ESPN[/ame]

HC: Pete Carroll
AHC: Alex Gibbs
OC: Jeremy Bates

This seems to be what is happening. We will see when it is officially announced.

Reaction score
I like Gibbs so far from what I've read. He was the Texans OL coach and they had the No. 1 passing yards/per game. He also was the OL coach for the Broncos from 1995-2003 in which they were a very productive running team producing a 1,000-yard runner each year if not mistaken. Yes they did have Terrell Davis, but you need a line to open you some holes.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
I am impressed by how fast he is working and how quick the coaches around the NFL and NCAA rally behind him. It is as if they are willing to toss everything they have worked for thus far to work with this guy. That in itself speaks greatness. It actually baffles me. I mean you would think we were hiring a legend with how quick this is going.

I am still very skeptical, but if there was a way to sway me he is on the right track.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Just like I said, it was a convincing "win the hearts and minds" speech by a master.

Listen, I think it is key, his ability to communicate and connect with ppl, coaches, players.
I think were gonna see complete buy in by our players, they are eager to improve. And those who arent will be shown the door.

I expect we will see a major house cleaning, it started at the top wont stop until it hits the bottom.

Im "jacked up" for change! :harvey:

propeller74

Huddler
Reaction score
I am slowly warming to the idea of this move. While I was underwhelmed days ago, I do like that it gets the Seahawks in the national spotlight again and I feel that Carroll "gets" the NFL in a way that Erickson, Spurrier & Saban, et. al. never did. Once upon a time, Carroll was a great defensive coordinator in the league, which the others cannot boast. He was just so-so as a coach, but at least his teams made 2 play-off appearances.

You have to think that his perspective has to be great after being away for 10 years, so i am going to back him straight away. FINALLY this team will not be dull anymore. Hopefully this will pull us out of the funk that we have been in since getting hammered by Green Bay in the play-offs 2 years ago. I want to see this team come with passion. I want to see the defense develop a swagger and I want to see us consistently be able to run the damn football with a legitimate NFL running back!

Reaction score
Looks like Curry, Tatupu, Jackson, Wilson, Milloy, Forsett, Tapp and maybe a few others were there at the press conference. I think that shows how excited the players are to have him as their new head coach.

Top Bottom