• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Percy Harvin lands on PUP

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score

Updated 41 minutes ago.

Seahawks' Percy Harvin lands on PUP with hip injury

By Brady Henderson
The Seahawks have placed wide receiver Percy Harvin on the physically unable to perform list because of a hip injury that reportedly could involve a slight labrum tear.
Harvin did not practice Thursday as the Seahawks opened training camp. He and five other Seahawks – including defensive end Chris Clemons (knee) and tight end Zach Miller (foot) – were placed on the PUP list, a designation that does not preclude any of them from starting the regular season on the active roster.
In Harvin's case, however, the news is somewhat concerning given his injury history and the massive risk the Seahawks took in acquiring him.
Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reported that Harvin will get a second opinion early next week on what may be a slight tear in his hip labrum. Harvin, signed to a six-year, $67 million contract in March, was limited during earlier offseason workouts because of a hip injury, though it's not clear if that was related to the current issue.
The decision to place Clemons on the PUP list wasn't a surprise as he has yet to practice this offseason while recovering from reconstructive knee surgery. The Seahawks have expressed optimism that he could be ready for the regular-season opener.
Miller missed part of minicamp because of a sore foot that coach Pete Carroll said was unrelated to the plantar fascia injury Miller sustained in the playoff loss to Atlanta.
The other Seahawks who were placed on the PUP list are defensive end Greg Scruggs (knee), cornerback Tharold Simon (foot) and running back Robert Turbin (foot). Linebacker Korey Toomer (knee) was placed on the non-football injury list.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Given his history you have to wonder....
Is this the begining of a string of nagging injuries and excuses and drama that adds up to one of the worst signings in seahawks history? Please god dont let it be another Dion Branch... Not this season.

Sorry about the debbie downer...

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't really blame you szat. Harvin is one of the reasons for the heightened optimism this year that the Hawks can finally catch the Niners for the division title and this is not great news.
Based on what I've read, there are two potential scenarios if the injury requires surgery, one would keep him sidelined until week 2 to week 4 while the other, more serious possibility is 4 to 6 months.
Keep in mind though that the team doctors did not recommend surgery but Harvin is going after a 2nd opinion. Just gotta keep fingers crossed. Hopefully the team made the right assessment.
As long as he's healthy and 100% by the time the playoffs roll around that's all that really matters to me.

OP
S

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
Harvin is one of the reasons for the heightened optimism this year that the Hawks can finally catch the Niners for the division title and this is not great news.

Based on the second half of last season I think the Seahawks have not only caught the 9ers but have passed them.

Even with Harvin out I think the Seahawks have a better group of receivers. It wouldn't surprise me if the Seahawks beat them all three games this year. Two in regular season and one in the playoffs. go seahawks!

OP
S

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
combined comments from Seattle Times blog and wikipedia stats:

2009: 7 weeks Questionable list (7)
2010: 1 week Doubtful, 4 weeks Questionable, 3 weeks Probable (8)
2011: 4 weeks Questionable, 3 weeks Probable (7)
2012: 8 weeks Injured Reserve, 2 weeks Out, 1 week Doubtful, 2 weeks Probable (13)

That adds up to 35 weeks on the Injury Report list since 2009. Props to him for not missing significant game time until his ankle injury last year, but he seems to always be dinged up.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I like the dimension he adds but we seemed to do alright without him last year. I really feel the media has over hyped his signing anyway.

Hopefully he will be rehabbed by the time someone else falls out.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
combined comments from Seattle Times blog and wikipedia stats:

2009: 7 weeks Questionable list (7)
2010: 1 week Doubtful, 4 weeks Questionable, 3 weeks Probable (8)
2011: 4 weeks Questionable, 3 weeks Probable (7)
2012: 8 weeks Injured Reserve, 2 weeks Out, 1 week Doubtful, 2 weeks Probable (13)

Yeah, you see, we go out and spend gobs of money on this guy, give up our #1 pick, and going on he will probably have half of the headlines due to injuries. Hate this drama.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Didn't Cam or Browner have the same injury last season , I'm sure it's a precaution to not aggravate it further in meaningless situations .

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
This just sucks. Some might think we'll be all right without him, that he's just one piece. But there's also a growing concern about Zach Miller's injury too. Losing each player by themselves isn't something the Hawks can't overcome. But both? That's a lot of firepower hanging in the chamber. I've got my fingers crossed Zach's gonna be ok.

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
Who knows the whole story? I read some stuff earlier today that made me think surgery was an option, not a requirement. Was kind of thinking he had to decide to tough it out and possibly have surgery later, or do it now. Definitely upsetting that our $70 million man may not even take a snap this year. And I wonder what will happen to him next year.

Idahawk

Reaction score
13 wins without Harvin last year :) guys like Tate and Kearse ( who looked great both days I was at camp ) need to step up , our luck with FA WRs ? Branch , Rice , Harvin ? Lol

The worse part of this is not getting to see this thing at full power . If and I mean if we can get him back for a playoff run some say this is a 6 month deal , that would be a nice fresh set of legs for the playoffs . Bummer deal

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
If there's a bright side it's that it's happening now and not 3-4 weeks into the season because otherwise he'd for sure be done.
I heard 3-4 months so best case scenario he hits the field in November. I'm hoping it's by December 1 so he can get a good 3 or 4 regular season games in as a primer for the playoffs to get the rust out. It's conceivable he could miss the entire season but unlikely from what I've heard. He'll be back at some point.

You hit the nail on the head Idahawk. Not being able to see the offense at full power is what bums me out the most as well. They should be ok while he's gone as long as they don't sustain any more key injuries but it won't quite be the same as it would be with him in there.

SEA#FENSE

Huddler
Reaction score
Seahawks reportedly aiming for a Thanksgiving return. Under the NFL's new rules, Harvin can return as late as Week 15. Harvin was a big part of what coordinator Darrell Bevell planned to do with a more creative offense this season. The Seahawks' 2013 motto should be: "Just Make it to Harvin."

SEA#FENSE
Blue-green blood until the mortician drains it from my veins.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
The motto should be "Fuck Harvin" cause he is a pussy and we dont need him. His new nick name from here on out is "Pussy Harvin".
It just bothers me that he is all the head lines about this team now.

I heard he could miss the whole season, and based on his track record, do you really think he'll be back in W15?
This guy has always got some ailment, he'll be so out of game shape he'll get his clock cleaned (agian) and be on the sidelines.

As it stands right now it would not suprise me if PUSSY HARVIN EVER PLAYS A FULL 60 MINUTES AS A SEAHAWK.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Going to need a return man now that's where he will be missed the most , no Leon to fall back on ,I wonder who gets that job ?

Reaction score
The motto should be "Fuck Harvin" cause he is a pussy and we dont need him. His new nick name from here on out is "Pussy Harvin".
It just bothers me that he is all the head lines about this team now.

I heard he could miss the whole season, and based on his track record, do you really think he'll be back in W15?
This guy has always got some ailment, he'll be so out of game shape he'll get his clock cleaned (agian) and be on the sidelines.

As it stands right now it would not suprise me if PUSSY HARVIN EVER PLAYS A FULL 60 MINUTES AS A SEAHAWK.

Wow dude, so much anger. He'll probably be back like week 9. He doesn't usually miss games. Being as small as he is, I don't mind him not taking the extra shots in practice. And I've never heard of him being out of shape before.

SEA#FENSE

Huddler
Reaction score
Does anyone know exactly how he went down? It sure seems freaky seeing all these training camp injuries. You have to wonder if guys were not training properly during the off season even though these days there is NO off season. Starting with Crabtree......

SEA#FENSE
Blue-green blood until the mortician drains it from my veins.

Idahawk

Reaction score
First day of training camp he had his helmet on and ran like 5-6 plays with Wilson, lynch , Tate and rice , then he pulled his Helmet off and that was it, he never ran another play so either he aggravated it then or was just trying to see if he could go.

I like Kearse and Williams to step up and Harvins the cherry on top when he returns

Top Bottom