• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Penalty problems

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Penalties once again plagued the Seahawks against Arizona, as Seattle finished with 13 penalties for 90 yards.

Last year, the Seahawks were second in the league in penalties with 138.

"We can't play football that way and expect to be as effective as we hope to be," Carroll said. "We've addressed it, we've worked hard at it, and these guys have taken it hard. It's just terrible that it has showed up again because that is something that we're trying to put behind us and we didn't get that done in the opener."

PC seems to not consider the ethic quality of a lot of the players he's signed. I've heard many fans say they like the change of having a nasty reputation but is it worth all the penalties when they get caught? Only Oakland has more than Seattle.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I do not think ethics has anything to do with the penalties. Russell Okung false started 3 times. Is he a bad guy? Richard Sherman had two PI calls. Is he a bad guy?

There are teams with far more questionable characters committing fewer penalties.

It is still an area that needs to be addressed, though.

Reaction score
Replacement refs who give out extra time outs and throw PI flags a minute after the whistle is blown are also to blame.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Replacement refs who give out extra time outs and throw PI flags a minute after the whistle is blown are also to blame.

Kinda reminds me of Hulk Hogan putting his hand up to his ear. "You want this flag, let me hear ya."

Top Bottom