• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Our biggest free agents...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Not a must sign, but he was a ST captian in SF, and is a vocal leader with on this team, as well as a versital athlete.

Dont break the bank, but Id say bring him back.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Robinson doesn't have a "niche" though. He is to small to be a fullback and not good enough to be a tailback. I'm sure you all like him but what does he offer?

We already have Lynch, Forsett and hopefully Washington at tailback. We need a true fullback right now.

S

Seattlehawk94

Yeah, he was this year....Kinda wasn't thinking when I typed it...Dude's been around lately..

I'd like him back but again....He's not a "must sign" this was a list of players we NEED to keep...You can't sign them all and shouldn't....Robinson is a tweener....You don't risk losing other IMPORTANT pieces to keep a tweener at a higher salary not knowing what the CBA is going to be like when this is all said and done...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Maybe bring in a couple of FB's so they can "comPete" in camp.

What about Matt??? You know the FO better not sit on their hands on this one to wait for CBA and march 1 to come around, because by then Matt will have tested the market, and there are teams will make him a big $$ offer. They better keep these negotiations fresh!

Reaction score
szat;54527 said:
Maybe bring in a couple of FB's so they can "comPete" in camp.

What about Matt??? You know the FO better not sit on their hands on this one to wait for CBA and march 1 to come around, because by then Matt will have tested the market, and there are teams will make him a big $$ offer. They better keep these negotiations fresh!
I bet the Vikings will be one of the teams that will try to get him.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Vikings, Cardinals, 49ers, Redskins, etc will make a run at Matt if we don't.

94' as for Mare I obviously want him but if he wants to get paid bank like Josh Brown I trust our history with kickers to find someone. Norm Johnson left and we replaced him with John Kasey who was good, then Todd Peterson although weak was accurate. Then we had a year with nobody but then Lindell who was pretty good which then he left we drafted Brown, after Brown left we picked up Mare who was a wash up at the time.

I like Mare a lot and actually feel he's been better than Brown(especially on kickoffs) but I don't want to break the bank for a kicker was my only point.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
There will be no free agency until the CBA is reached that is what people don't understand. I agree we need to come to a deal with Matt before March, but if both sides havent settled on an agreement by March there will be no free agency until they do. That goes for trading players as well. This isn't an ordinary offseason so teams aren't going to just go out and get whoever they want. Why are people acting like the CBA won't affect the offseason because it will.

S

Seattlehawk94

Then we had a year with nobody but then Lindell who was pretty good which then he left we drafted Brown

Lindell came in after they cut No-Toe to keep Miss err...Kris Heppner who kicked for like 3 weeks and got cut, which meant I got egg all over my face because I was talking his Montucky ass up as a good kicker...Ended up with Lindell because Dallass cut him right before that....2000 I believe it was..

We won't have to break the bank...He'll probably stay..

Yeah, F/A won't happen until after the CBA but we can sign deals NOW because they all become F/As as soon as it's over...

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;54539 said:
Yeah, F/A won't happen until after the CBA but we can sign deals NOW because they all become F/As as soon as it's over...

Thats what Im sayin. We can sign all of the players we wish to sign back before the deal is made as we should do. I was just refering to the comment made that Matt will have already tested the market by the time the CBA is decided. He can't until the CBA is agreed upon. I know you know that, just commenting on the post where someone said that.

S

Seattlehawk94

No worries....Knew you weren't talking to me..Was just clarifiying for people who didn't know the whole deal...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
dmarkholt12;54541 said:
Thats what Im sayin. We can sign all of the players we wish to sign back before the deal is made as we should do. I was just refering to the comment made that Matt will have already tested the market by the time the CBA is decided. He can't until the CBA is agreed upon. I know you know that, just commenting on the post where someone said that.

Right, players or agents cant legally "contact" eachother before FA starts, is that what your saying?

IDK though, I just think the longer we wait the more Matt wanders and "prepares" for FA. We have 30 days starting now, given the CBA "assholes figure this shit out" lol!

S

Seattlehawk94

You can resign your own players but agents can't talk to other teams....We have a small window right now to get something done....But yet no one is doing anything about it!

Reaction score
Feb. 10th players can be franchised tag. Wonder if Mebane will earn that honor. It'll give them the protection IF free agency happens to keeping him and working on an extension.

Reaction score
Uh, if we franchise mebane doesn't he get paid top 5 DL money? Haynesworth, Allen, Freeney, Peppers, etc all have huge contracts.

S

Seattlehawk94

Yeah, none of that list is worth a Franchise Tag...And this is the biggest Matthew supporter out there saying it...

Reaction score
idk, I recall Leon giving us pretty good field position several times. He also would have had another TD return against the Panthers if their damn punter didn't run a 4.4 40 lol. Also, during that Chargers game he would've had 3 if he hadn't slipped while juking the punter/kicker (?), it was nothing but green after that.

Id say he is one of the best kick/punt returners in the league, I put him up there with the likes of Hester and Jackson.

And if Leon doesn't have those 2 returns against the chargers, we lose, if we lose that game, our record at the end is 6-10 and we miss the playoffs.

Keep "Neon Leon"!

Reaction score
Hawk096;54701 said:
Feb. 10th players can be franchised tag. Wonder if Mebane will earn that honor. It'll give them the protection IF free agency happens to keeping him and working on an extension.

I like "baby face 'bane" as much as the next hawk fan, but is he really worth top 5 DT money??

Top Bottom