• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Our biggest free agents...

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Of all of them, who do you think are the most important? I mean we have Matt Hasselbeck, Leon Washington, Raheem Brock, etc. who is the biggest asset? As of right now I think it's crucial to keep Leon Washington and Brock the most but I want to see your guys' opinion.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;54337 said:
Matt should be the top priority.

Agreed. But the whole system seems dumb. Can't they just sign all three? Or are they obligated to seek other offers? If so, do we get the chance to match, or do we have to best them by a certain percentage?

I don't know why some guy making four million dollars a year would go to a crappy team for an extra million. If these guys truly "love the game" as they say, if they have any integrity, then it should be easy.

Now if they're substantially below the median salary, have an offer to go to a SB team, or their hometown or go from 2nd to 1st string, or they hate the coach or whatever, I can understand.

Reaction score
QB Matt Hasselbeck
QB J.P. Losman
K Olindo Mare
WR Brandon Stokley
CB Kelly Jennings
FB Michael Robinson
RB Leon Washington
S Lawyer Milloy
S Jordan Babineaux
CB Kennard Cox
LB Matt McCoy
LB Will Herring
C Chris Spencer
T Sean Locklear
G/T Tyler Polumbus
WR Ruvell Martin
DT Brandon Mebane
DT Craig Terrill
DT Amon Gordon
DE Raheem Brock
DE Jay Richardson
WR Isaiah Stanback - Re-Signed
CB Roy Lewis - Re-Signed
LB Leroy Hill
G/T Chester Pitts
T Ray Willis
DT Junior Siavii

Carroll and Schneider have a lot of work ahead of them.

Reaction score
EricOV;54347 said:
is olindo a free agent?

i thought we signed him to a big deal last year.
Wikipedia says he had the franchise tag placed on him last offseason.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Fenom;54344 said:
QB Matt Hasselbeck
QB J.P. Losman
K Olindo Mare
WR Brandon Stokley
CB Kelly Jennings
FB Michael Robinson
RB Leon Washington
S Lawyer Milloy
S Jordan Babineaux
CB Kennard Cox
LB Matt McCoy
LB Will Herring
C Chris Spencer
T Sean Locklear
G/T Tyler Polumbus
WR Ruvell Martin
DT Brandon Mebane
DT Craig Terrill
DT Amon Gordon
DE Raheem Brock
DE Jay Richardson
WR Isaiah Stanback
CB Roy Lewis
LB Leroy Hill
G/T Chester Pitts
T Ray Willis
DT Junior Siavii

Carroll and Schneider have a lot of work ahead of them.

The guys I highlighted are obviously important. Of those I'd say Hasselbeck, Mebane, Washington, Brock and Spencer are the most important to keep.

Mare is a good kicker but I'd never spend big money to keep a kicker. You can always find good kickers.

OP
12thManFan

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I firmly believe we should sign Johnathan Joseph or Brent Grimes at CB in the offseason. HUGE upgrade and would save our 1st round pick for more important needs like OL (Guard?) and if we have the spare change, maybe a nice SS like Quintin Mikell from the Eagles or Dawan Landry from the Ravens :D

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
I didn't hear anyone scream for JP Losman! WTF is wrong with you people. We ahve to have him. If we don't sign him, he will be scooped up by the UFL. We can't have that. To much is at stake.

Reaction score
dizzle498;54355 said:
I didn't hear anyone scream for JP Losman! WTF is wrong with you people. We ahve to have him. If we don't sign him, he will be scooped up by the UFL. We can't have that. To much is at stake.
lol, nice. :D

S

Seattlehawk94

I think the only time we'd call for Loserman is when Chuckles is in...

Mare is a good kicker but I'd never spend big money to keep a kicker. You can always find good kickers.

You kids.....You don't remember Todd "No Toe" Peterson? The "King" of the 10 YL KO and misses from anywhere past 40?

Great Kickers don't grow on trees...Why do you think Morton Andersen and Gary Anderson were kicking into their late 40s? Because there isn't a glut of GREAT kickers....There are very few Kickers I'd take with the game on the line as "money in the bank" and Mare is one of them....Even Judas Brown made me worry when he kicked, people loved him but...He was iffy ALOT of the time and his KOs were weak as fuck....Mare...I've NEVER worried when Mare was lining up to kick...Remember when we TRIED to get rid of Mare by drafting Brandon (BUST) Coutu? He NEVER made the active roster for even TWO GAMES IN A ROW because of the fact Mare was so good...

Here's my MUST KEEPS....(in bold)...Alot of these guys are "dime a dozen" types you can pick off the waiver wire at ANY TIME...
QB Matt Hasselbeck--BEYOND A MUST KEEP!
QB J.P. Losman--UFL HERE WE GO!
K Olindo Mare--Best KO/FG/XP combo man in the NFL..
WR Brandon StokleyIn the dictionary under "possession WR" his pic is next to it...
CB Kelly Jennings--FUCKING LOSER
FB Michael Robinson--Dime a Dozen
RB Leon Washington--FUCK Jester--HE is the best KR/PR man in the NFL...
S Lawyer Milloy--Veteren leader, great teacher...
S Jordan Babineaux--Minus that drop in Shitcocko that goes 100 he's STILL "Big Play Babs"...Great Nickleback...
CB Kennard Cox--Dime a dozen
LB Matt McCoy--Dime a dozen
LB Will Herring--After The ThorneBird, he's the best LB on the team, always seems to make plays when in..
C Chris Spencer--You saw what happened when he left that game with an injury..Him and Hass have a rythem..
T Sean Locklear--Not called "Heather" for nothing
G/T Tyler Polumbus--Dime a dozen
WR Ruvell Martin--Dime a dozen
DT Brandon Mebane--Part of Glue that keeps DL together....
DT Craig Terrill--Dime a dozen
DT Amon Gordon--Dime a dozen
DE Raheem Brock--Sack Machine, leader, can't replace that easily..
DE Jay Richardson--Dime a dozen
WR Isaiah Stanback--Dime a Dozen
CB Roy Lewis--Dime a Dozen, stupid when it comes to rules and smarts (see: Throat Slash Penalties)
LB Leroy Hill--Thug, asshole, drunk, distraction...Good player...Not worth the headaches though..
G/T Chester Pitts--Good backup, not a "must sign" but would be better than Willis because he can play BOTH G/T..
T Ray Willis--See: Pitts
DT Junior Siavii--Dime a Dozen

S

Seattlehawk94

IF the Jets cut Lito Sheppard like they are supposed to that might be a good pickup for not a ton of cash if not for just hearing "The Lido Shuffle" after an INT...hahaha...

Seriously, he'd be a great teacher for the younglings...

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;54365 said:
IF the Jets cut Lito Sheppard like they are supposed to that might be a good pickup for not a ton of cash if not for just hearing "The Lido Shuffle" after an INT...hahaha...

Seriously, he'd be a great teacher for the younglings...
Champ Bailey would be a great teacher as well. That's if he's still going to be a free agent.

S

Seattlehawk94

I don't think they'll let him go....Just think they FT him if they need to....He's the only guy they've got that's worth FTing so I don't see why they wouldn't use it as a ploy to re-sign him...

S

Seattlehawk94

Not saying he's bad....Just saying there are about 20 other guys in FA and CFB that are the same player, that's what I mean by "dime a dozen"....

Reaction score
I don't know, he's not super flashy but he's really versatile. He can block, run, catch, and even throw a little. I think he plays special teams too.

Top Bottom