• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Okung on Carp

Reaction score
Seattle Seahawks tackle Russell Okung is high on returning left guard James Carpenter. "When he’s healthy, he’s hard to beat," Okung told The News Tribune. "I don’t think there’s a guy who can line up over him and really say they can beat him, when he’s healthy.”
Except for Julius Peppers, who put him on his ass. Then again, he probably wasn't healthy then.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Except for Julius Peppers, who put him on his ass. Then again, he probably wasn't healthy then.
Which game was that?
If it only happened once, I'd maybe call it a lucky shot. Peppers can be a beast but he gives up about 30-40 pounds to Carp and has a little higher center of gravity. Seems far more likely Peppers would beat Carp around the edge rather than running him over. Now that I think of it, how did the two end up locking horns to begin with?

Reaction score
Which game was that?
If it only happened once, I'd maybe call it a lucky shot. Peppers can be a beast but he gives up about 30-40 pounds to Carp and has a little higher center of gravity. Seems far more likely Peppers would beat Carp around the edge rather than running him over. Now that I think of it, how did the two end up locking horns to begin with?
vs. Chicago.... the team Peppers plays for lol

But, seriously, I would agree that he could dominate any guy in the run game, but I don't think he is as dominant in the pass game.

Reaction score
It was earlier in the game. In the first quarter I think. Peppers stunted inside, blew Carp up, put him on his back and then slammed Wilson down WWE style.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
vs. Chicago.... the team Peppers plays for lol
Ah ok lol thanks.
Actually I wasn't sure if it was the game last year or an earlier matchup. I have that entire game in HD so I'll check it out. Usually when I break that game out it's just to relive the two drives at the end so I didn't remember the play you're referring to.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Didn't take long, it was actually the 2nd play of the game. Yeah, I'm guessing Carp wished he had that one back. Looked like all quickness and leverage. Carp was backpedalling and never even got his feet set before Peppers put the wood on him.

Reaction score
Didn't take long, it was actually the 2nd play of the game. Yeah, I'm guessing Carp wished he had that one back. Looked like all quickness and leverage. Carp was backpedalling and never even got his feet set before Peppers put the wood on him.
Yeah, I knew it was early on. Couldn't remember exactly where.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I really, really, like Carp at Gaurd. He may never live up to his draft pick, but he can mow big heavys over.
I agree not as good in pass pro, but he has grape ape like arms, still under devolpment.

On the flip side, I did not understand T. Cable's love affair with sweezey. He is undersized and got his head spun every time I watched him. Make it look like this!

Okung-Big Carp-Unger-Moffit-Breno

Reaction score
I really, really, like Carp at Gaurd. He may never live up to his draft pick, but he can mow big heavys over.
I agree not as good in pass pro, but he has grape ape like arms, still under devolpment.

On the flip side, I did not understand T. Cable's love affair with sweezey. He is undersized and got his head spun every time I watched him. Make it look like this!

Okung-Big Carp-Unger-Moffit-Breno
I think Sweezy did well enough considering he was a rookie transitioning from a defensive position. Dude is nasty and extremely athletic for an offensive lineman. I predict in 2-3 years, dude will be playing at a Pro-Bowl level.

On a lighter note, apparently the dude is like a real life version of Frank the Tank from old school...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I think Sweezy did well enough considering he was a rookie transitioning from a defensive position. Dude is nasty and extremely athletic for an offensive lineman. I predict in 2-3 years, dude will be playing at a Pro-Bowl level.

On a lighter note, apparently the dude is like a real life version of Frank the Tank from old school...

Really? Are you sure your thinking of Moffit, because his personallity matches frank the tank.
Sweezy is very athletic put plays small and got manhandled. We'll see.

OP
S

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
One player who was on the field for practice: guard James Carpenter.
He missed the offseason workouts after undergoing arthroscopic surgery to clean out his left knee, which was surgically repaired after he suffered a torn anterior-cruciate ligament in his left knee midway through his rookie season in 2011.
"It felt great," Carpenter said. "I'd always rather be out here with my teammates, working with them."
Does he feel 100 percent?
"Oh yeah," Carpenter said. "Lord willing, I'll be 100 percent as long as I play."

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
"Grape Ape"

5366606858_83aec8ab49_o.jpg

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Dude needs to grow up and turn off the nice guy persona on the field. Even with his size he still looked like a kid playing with men out there. Hard to give up a pretty solid performance from McQuistan last year.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Tom Cable on with Furness on the Gaurd position:

Says "Carp been playing every practice. Carp brings the most power by far. But McQuisten still has edge because of experience."

On Breno "is a grinder, relentless, non stop fighter. OL feeds off him. This is a big year for him, if he can control the emotion he could be top RT."

Top Bottom