• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Offensive Line

Better or Worse for the upcoming season?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I like Carrol, I like the direction this team is headed in respect to the youth movement. BUT, I wish he would settle down a bit and act more like a hard ass coach sometimes instead of their best friend. Also, it would help if he didn't look so damn confused and 'defeated' all the time.

Bob, in regards to last year, with the exception of Chicago, we beat some pretty shit teams last year. Only reason we beat SD was because of Leons 2 returns. Doubt that'll happen this year with the new rule change. Really bad line, bad QBs, and really young team equals loooonnng season.... at least I won't waste any money going to the games to watch them get creamed 40-3.

Reaction score
I know, I'm just saying no one expected us to contend at all and we did. This season our schedule is insane, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with the 1st pick, but even if that were the case at least this team has a clear direction its heading in.

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Nine, I would have given Gallery a pass on this, but he would have been ineligible down field. For Christ's sake, this idea of constant roster roulette is not working, and it is especially not working on the offensive line. Example Given, Alford (DT) came in and did a very good job and then he gets cut, leaving me to speculate that PC needed a roster spot so that McDonald could officially get cut later in the week. No offense meant to McDonald, but this franchise has no need for another DE at this time. Case in point, two first round draft picks spent on OT's over two years, and neither one can be counted on to play the season, and they can't be counted on for even one play on the field come game one. Frustrating!

This team has spent four years now where no player knows the system that they play in, or who their position coach is going to be, or what the philosophy is gonna be. Real coaches develope talent through teaching & practice, not by packing a suitcase full of rap music, and gimmicks. Fact is, Two and a Half Men re-runs are more fun to watch. End of rant.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Feel like ppl jumping off the cliff here, let us be reminded that its JUST PRESEASON.
While ppl here are analysing, and overanalysing, and ranting, PC, JS, Coaches, staff and players are working hard on getting better, that takes time and practice, and hard work. Those guys have a methodology, a pholosophy, and those things take time to build on, not just 1 or 2 seasons, and it doesnt have anything to do with what type of music they listen too. Shit if were up to me, they'd be listening to some hard core shit, like slip knot or tool, but its not for everyone. Point is, lets not mail it in just yet, the season has not started, yes the team has some holes, there will be some bumps in the road, and we do have a challanging schedule but its one game at a time. Youll never hear me talk about "next years draft pick" I sure as hell hope our team doesnt. Remember even the great Mike Holgrem took a few years to get the team upended, and even he was under much critisism in those first couple of years for not having "instant sucess". I DO have season tickets, and I HAVE paid hard earned cash to attend games, and I still have the patience to understand that we re-build from the ground up as painfull as that process has been.

FUCKIN GO HAWKS!

Idahawk

Reaction score
If I could see some improvement in the areas that need it most , then I would shut up .

My frustrations come from way back , here we are still trying to build an o-line which is what we have been trying to do since Hutch left ? Really !!!!

Our secondary has sucked for how many years ? And yet were passing on DB's that could help , signing old washed up guys to fill in ?

Our highlight for the next ten years will be a dreadlocked misfit , who grabbed his sack at the end of what could have should have been the best run in seahawks history , yet is embarassing to show your family .

Our coach runs from a huge scandal leaving a team ruined and brings in the bed and breakfast guy , a yet to be offensive guru and 2 QB's that are back-ups at best . He rewards losing and has allowed a lack of over all discipline to a young team that needs it .

we will be worse the detroit loins , the detroit lions !

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Szat: You make really good points, and I want to see this offensive line develope into a real powerhouse over the next few seasons. Thanks for not going off the cliff with me, but as a fan I've been watching this entire franchise just get worse and worse every year, or at least that's how it feels. Im not ready to say that it's just preseason, as all these players are trying to make the team, which is a snap shot photo of what we'll see in the regular season. If they can significantly improve the 0-line play over the course of this year & not trade away top tier draft picks, than I will be impressed.

Ida: My guess is that addressing the o-line would have taken too long for some of the managerial types in the previous organization group(s). It's getting to be win now or get fired, and you can't keep the players you drafted for more than four years now is my understanding. This latest CBA is going to amplify this concept of win now or else and further dilute the talent in the league, as players will have to contribute now, or get out of the way. No more player development allowed.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I think the current regime has vehemently tried to address the O-line and emphasised that priority #1 is the run game:

Okung, when healthy I think will live up to his draft status
Gallery, A beast amongst men.
Max, solid, can play both G/C. I think he's a bit nasty, will need to be the leader of that line that Spence couldnt
Moffit, so far so good, not bad for rookie going in, time will tell, seems like he gets good push off the line, holds his block.
Carpenter - Big, big, question mark, I wonder if he would be better on the Left side, but is very green and needs some time to develop, size and durability are plus.
Cable - A proven sucessful O-line coach, brought in for the sole purpose of improving this cause.
Marshawn Lynch- Best power back since Shawn Alexander, I like Clayton too, and did I hear Clinton Portis is in town? To visit his cuz?

Anyways, its not lack of trying, and maybe they missed on a couple of these picks, but I think you will find that this line will continue to improve, thoughout the year, but these are building blocks, not the complete puzzle.

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Well spoken/written. All that being said though, still makes me believe that the offense will "Do or Die" somewhere between the two guard positions, if they can do it. Not that it's a bad thing either, I'd be screaming to the TV all over again, "Ka-Boom, Yeah, Now Run Baby Run! Screw the TD, just hit him, he'll think twice next time. That's football!!"

Reaction score
Szat, your glass must be overflowing its so full. Line is playing horribly. Idk what the main reason is, but I think personnel is a big reason. Plus, yall forget who the QB is.. Tarvaris Jackson.... bad QB + bad line = really bad offense. Kind of sad all that talent at WR and RB will go to waste.

S

Seattlehawk94

The OL is young...They will mold together as the season get's going but....I don't think it's going to be enough....This is really a rebuiliding year, no matter how THEY spin it.....If we don't go to the playoffs (doubtful with AZZ and SF) I want to see us go down in flames and get Luck....

Never had a "Franchise QB" that will come in like Manning, Elway, or others who will get tons of media coverage, endorsements, etc.....Would almost be worth suffering through a shit season for 12+years of greatness..

Reaction score
The OL is young...They will mold together as the season get's going but....I don't think it's going to be enough....This is really a rebuiliding year, no matter how THEY spin it.....If we don't go to the playoffs (doubtful with AZZ and SF) I want to see us go down in flames and get Luck....

Never had a "Franchise QB" that will come in like Manning, Elway, or others who will get tons of media coverage, endorsements, etc.....Would almost be worth suffering through a shit season for 12+years of greatness..
Does anyone know the highest pick the Seahawks have used on a QB?

Reaction score
Luck would be nice... I wouldn't mind watching them go 0-16. I just wish they did it in a different fashion than getting blown out 45-6. Lose every game, but do it with dignity. 3-10....

Reaction score
Szat, your glass must be overflowing its so full. Line is playing horribly. Idk what the main reason is, but I think personnel is a big reason. Plus, yall forget who the QB is.. Tarvaris Jackson.... bad QB + bad line = really bad offense. Kind of sad all that talent at WR and RB will go to waste.

Its way too early to say its because of the personnel (unless you're talking about Polumbus) this line needs time to solidify and hasn't had any... How much they improve will be the difference of whether we're just bad or REALLY bad.

Reaction score
I see Big Play Babs is still making Big Plays!! Even though I don't think its a huge loss, I am going to miss having that guy on the team.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Luck still has a season a play " So if you want to crown his ass then crown him " Will just see how the golden boy does this year .

Top Bottom